** Overdrive Latest News ** 2013

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by ClayRocks, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  2. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

BigKing C Young tar heel publik drunk tarheelbigdog
    kcstlmang dso122783 Raidernation droid43 WompWomp Dase or Days clayandlbf

OK guys. Overdrive is full. Everyone, please please please, make sure you read over and learn our rules. Ask if you have any questions.

I would like for everyone to add each other to their friends list. The time between now and when the dynasty starts would be a good time to maybe get some games in and get to know each other. So, feel free to message me if you see me online and would like to play a game.

Here is a list of our coaches, the TSO Name's and Xbox GamerTags: (Please let me know if there are any mistakes)

Conference Name Xbox GT Team Member Since
    ACC - Atlantic
    Clayandlbf (Commish) ClayRocks Clemson University 12/10/10
    Publik Drunk Publik Drunk FSU 6/26/13
    ACC - Coastal
    Big King BigKing Pittsburgh
    RaiderNation RealitysProof Miami University
    SEC - East
    tarheelbigdog tarheelbigdog University of South Carolina 6/26/13
    dso122783 dso122783 University of Georgia 6/26/13
    SEC - West
    kcstlmang stlmang Texas A&M University 6/27/13
    Dase or Days Dase or Days University of Arkansas 6/28/13
    Big Ten - East
    C Young BigCudyCud Penn State University 12/30/10
    tar heel tar heel University of Indiana
    Big Ten - West
    droid43 droid43 Purdue University 6/28/13
    WompWomp tooofick University of Nebraska 6/30/13

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

4. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

We need to start playing each other and getting to know one another. Add to friends lists and play.

5. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

6. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

Ill be getting the game Thursday so ill be available to play thursday evening.

7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Sorry, we are currently full.

8. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

BigKing C Young tar heel publik drunk tarheelbigdog
    kcstlmang dso122783 Raidernation droid43 WompWomp Dase or Days

We have a few decisions about our dynasty setup that we need to discuss new to NCAA this year. If you have not checked out the threads discussing recruiting and coach progressions in the NCAA Football forum, you ought to do so. There are a lot of new features in this years game and they are somewhat complex.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/drifters-ncaa-14-dynasty-recruiting-thoughts.99893/
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/ncaa-14-coach-progression.99918/page-3#post-1372621

1. Starting Coach Level: What level will each HC start at?
    • My opinion would be that we all create coaches and start at Level 1. This way we can enjoy the building up process and we are all equal with regards to recruiting advantages and gameday skills, at least to start. Then it is up to each of us to build our coaches up just like our teams.
    2. Coach Progression Speed: Slowest, Slow, or Normal
    • This is the trickiest one to me. Once a dynasty is started and a speed is picked, it cannot be changed. (As of now that is) Other TSO member's are conducting tests to see how far and quickly each speed progresses a coach and how fast they can max out skills on their tree. Not sure which speed I prefer best.
    3. Sliders: I have a dynasty going using IBO's set up sliders he posted here in a forum. I'm only one game in. Here are the stats from that game:
    • UGA 23 Clemson 42
      • Clemson Offensive Stats: (12 1st Downs, 468 Total yds, 7-8 3rd Downs, 0-0 4th Downs, 1 Fumble, 1 INT, 1 Punt, 1 Punt Rtn, 4 Penalties 37 yds)
        • QB#8 8-11 224yds 3 TD 1 INT - 6 runs 18 yds 0 TD
        • QB#10 6-9 146yds 1 TD 0 INT - 4 runs 8 yds 0 TD
        • HB#25 14 for 58 yds 2 TD
        • WR#2 5 Rec 133 yds 1 TD
        • WR#5 2 Rec 25 yds 1 TD
        • WR#16 2 Rec 108 yds 1 TD
      • UGA Offensive Stats: (14 1st Downs, 349 Total yds, 4-8 3rd Downs, 0-1 4th, 1 Fumble, 1 INT, 1 Punt, 1 Punt Rtn, 3 Penalties 25 yds)
        • QB#11 20-26 262yds 1 TD 1 INT - 5 runs 2 yds 1 TD
        • RB#3 11 - 84 yds 0 TD
        • WR#1 6 rec 48 yds 0 TD
        • WR#2 4 rec 53 yds 1 TD
        • WR#3 4 rec 63 yds 0 TD

• Here are the sliders:
    O/D Skills - Heisman
    Quarters - 8 minutes
    Game Speed - Slow
    Threshold - 20

Version 2.0 (Slow Speed, 8 minutes are new) BOLD = Change

Penalties - ALL at 100 except for following :
    Facemask - 60
    OPI - 55
    DPI - 55
    KR/PR Int. - 80
    Clipping - 55
    Int. Grnd - 55
    RTP - 54
    RTK - 54

User / CPU

QBA - 5 / 10
    Pass Block - 50 / 40
    WR Cat - 35 / 40(changed back from 45 to offset higher CPU acc.)
    RBA - 35 / 70
    Run Block - 0 / 55 (changed from 45)
    Pass Cvrg - 65 / 65
    Int - 45(changed from 40) / 30(changed from 25)
    Rush D - 60 / 100
    Tackle - 35 / 45
    FGP - 40 / 40
    FGA - 25 / 40
    Punt Power - 40 / 60
    Punt Acc. - 25 / 75
    Kickoff - 35 / 50

***Test these sliders out guys, see what you think. After one game, I believe I'm turning down Clipping and Offsides 5 points.***

***As for the rest, we need to decide which direction we want to go with regards to coach progression speed and starting point. I feel strongly about starting at level 1 though. Havn't made up my mind about speed yet however. There is also discussion in those threads about how to spread points out for the HC between the Recruiting Tree and the Game Management Tree. Like a 2 to 1 ratio, or something like that.***

Need feedback everyone. Let me hear it.

9. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Created coaches start @ 1
    Progression slowest

As for the the sliders I haven't been able to crack the game open yet so I don't have an opinion on that yet.

**edit** speed threshold 15-10

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  10. droid43

droid43 Walk On

1. Absolutely level one.
    2. I'm playing an offline heisman dynasty with no sliders and I'm already a level 6 after 8 games. I would like to see us either go with slow or slowest.
    3. I will need to test the sliders, I'm curious about the HUM run block slider. It's pretty difficult to run out of the ace and I formations, but this may be because Purdue doesn't have the best offensive lineman. As long as speed threshold is under 25 I will be happy.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

• Like Like x 1
  12. Raidernation

I'm in the process of moving so I haven't played the release yet but I'd recommend we go with The Duece's sliders. There are a few respectable EA Game Changers in their dynasty so I would imagine the sliders they use will be a great benchmark for the type gameplay we should expect for this cycle.

As far as my partisipation and contributions I'll definitely pick it up after I get settled into the new house.

Lastly BigKing get your Phuckin Game Up while my Xbox is packed away cause the ACC is mine ....

• Like Like x 2
  13. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

1. level 1
    2. slow
    3. Dont now about the sliders, just got the game yesterday.
    4. speed 15-20

14. WompWomp

WompWomp Walk On

1. Level 1
    2. Slow
    3. Those are pretty aggressive and I haven't tested it all out, but I will say offense appears to be easy, but when I looked at top 100 leaderboard average points for/against is very low which leads me to believe that once you figure defense out user/user that it's easy to stop others from scoring. Just a thought, no real proof, just what I listed.
    4. Speed I'm fine w/ anything under 20. I like 0-5 the best, not that there's a huge difference, but fast is fast and slow is slow. And if QB accuracy is low and WR coverage is high the only glitchy thing I find about the game is a WR w/ +1 speed being able to get behind a CB every time regardless of everything just because of +1 speed.
    PS. Loving Nebraska's team!

15. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I agree on the sliders. Looks like what Clay posted is harder then the Deuce and my Pitt squad needs all the help they can get. Raidernation better take advantage of me early before I recruit some real players....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Raidernation

Indeed but I'd say the best way to calm the passing game is to tweak the catching and coverage first so QB's with elite stats remains top notch. I think in the past lowering the accuracy can lead to more errant throws that occur too often.

17. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I'm gonna be working everyday but Wednesday until next Friday. So my time is gonna be kinda tight. I havn't even had time to look at The Deuce's sliders. Would be nice if a few of you tried them out and posted what you found.

Also, I hear your concerns about the sliders and what you don't like. Give me some recommendations for what you think we should try. (ie - bump passing down 5, or catching up 10...something like that)

Thanks guys.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  18. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

I have all day today, I am going to play acouple games on those sliders and I will let you guys know how I like them.

1). I def agree we start the coaches at level 1
    2). Slow

19. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I also saw in the Bugs and Glitches thread that slow game speed causes option pitch issues.

20. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

I have been playing on the slow game speed, but really, I could take it or leave it. I would prefer to play on normal speed, but its not a huge issue to me. Just chiming in.

21. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

I just played a game on these exact sliders, and after one game they all seem good to me. I threw afew passes that were WAY off the mark, but it happens.

On a side note, I had an INT glitch that I consider pretty serious. I'm playing an offline dynasty as FAU (soley because they have the new unis) and I threw a pass that got picked on my opponents (miami U) 8 yard line. The guy who picked it off ran out of bounds right away. So the U should have 92 yards infront of them. On the very next play, they have the ball on MY 8 yard line, 8 yards from the endzone! wtf?!

22. tarheelbigdog

tarheelbigdog Walk On

1. level 1
    2. I prefer normal, the slow speed just doesn't feel right to me.
    3. I like deuces but I can adapt
    4. speed 10 or below

23. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I need to try out the deuce's sliders. I actually think I would prefer normal play speed as well.

24. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Just checked in on OS Rosters. They are not giving ETA for the rosters, but I'm hopeful they will be done this week, which will allow us to start Overdrive this weekend. I know we are all ready to get going, but a good set of rosters make for a much better experience. Plus, it gives us all more time to get used to the changes in this years game, mostly recruiting for me.

• Like Like x 2
  25. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

Sounds good man. Hopefully they have them ready soon. Im ready to get the Hoosiers rolling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.