Overdrive User Scouting Reports

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by RyanC, Aug 14, 2011.

1. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

clayandlbf

we should try to make this mandatory somehow, maybe dock a recruit or something for each one missed

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

User: gwill
    Team: OSU Buckeyes

Offense: Runs a power spread, is very adept at attacking from anywhere on the field(jet sweeps, screens, QB draws, etc.), Had moderate success stopping it early, but he made good adjustments late to pull within 11.

Defense: Matches up with the formation(dime with 4WR, Nickel with 3WR, etc.) Brings pressure sporadically, which can lead to some big plays if you can take advantage of the aggressiveness.

Overall: Always a fun matchup with gwill, it was a chess match, I went up 28-7 but he fought back with adjustments before I had to adjust to come back for the W

3. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

4. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

USER: InfinitMTX
    TEAM: Penn State

OFFENSE: Very balanced. Not many big plays but has the tools to do it. Runs the ball very well.

DEFENSE: Has very talented DB's and a very good DL. Defense will wins games for them this year. Don't turn the ball over. Take a sack rather than just throw the ball up for grabs.

OVERALL: Close matchup. Similar to SEC game.

5. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

USER Cocky Marine
    TEAM South Carolina

OFFENSE
    Uses a two strategy attack. In their base sets its much easier to control this team. He usually switches to a no huddle to keep the defense off guard, that's where most of his success comes from. Uses more of a misdirection or deceptive style to keep you guessing. Very good running attack. Passing attack is basically Alshon Jeffries. Doesen't beat you with precision, beats you with athleticism. Meaning, lattimore is a 99 so he's a monster by himself. Jeffries is also a 99. He's 6'4 with 93 speed. Jeffries beat me for 1 big play. On that play I had single coverage with a 5'8 cornerback. Other than that he had 1 catch for 10 yards. So to beat them just keep someone over the top of Jeffries and tackle Lattimore. He loves to spread you out and run Lattimore, and will do it on 3rd down. Your goal is to get them into 3rd down. When you get them into 3rd down, double Jeffries, and watch the middle passes and draws...thats how you can force them to punt. I'm not saying that was my strategy, my strategy is for my squad, I'm just saying that this will definitely work. I was up 24-7 and then my offense started sputtering, so it could have been much worse.

DEFENSE
    His defense is good, naw I'll say very good. But once again, I won't say he gets at you with precision, He got some dogs on his squad, and their ravenous. His defensive ends are spectacular, could be the best tandem in the country. His safeties are also spectacular, and might also be the best tandem in the country. He played with a safety on every play I think. So therefore he doesn't make many plays himself, he's more of a center fielder type player. So to prevent from throwing interceptions don't throw the ball right at his man. He keys on slants and the middle crossing routes. I threw 1 interception, which was a sideline lob to my 6'5 receiver, there was triple coverage, but it was a pretty safe throw and someone made a play. My tight end had 5 catches and kept the chains moving for me. I had far less success when i was looking for the big play. So a solid move the chains type of attack should work great against this defense. Don't forget to max protect every now and then. And don't force throws under pressure.

OVERALL
    Our game was very good. I felt I controlled the game thoughout, but I was so hungry for the big play that I often overlooked what was there for me. He smacked me pretty good last year, so you could say I wanted some payback. That usually leads to disaster. I was up 24-7 and wanted to win 44-7. Bad move, my offense sputtered, he gained momentum...you know how it goes. South Carolina thrives off the big play. Especially on defense. To beat this team this should be your gameplan

1. DO NOT THROW INTERCEPTIONS
    2. KEEP A DEFENDER OVER THE TOP OF JEFFRIES
    3. March down the field and take what the defense gives you, don't look for the big play until way after you've softened them up. His defensive strategy is to simply stop the big play
    4. TACKLE Lattimore. You're never going to stop him, just tackle him the first time you hit him.
    5. Be prepared to slow down the hurry up offense

6. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Great scouting report Infinite!!!

7. eberdeeber

eberdeeber Walk On

User: C Young
    Team: USC

Offense: Pretty balanced player. Runs the ball to set up the pass. Do not be too aggressive because his recievers seem to be his strength. Running backs are pretty quick and shifty. likes to run the ball to the right on a pitch out majority of the time but will also pitch to the left. Not many North South running.

Defense: defensive line is hard to run on north South but found more success running the ball on pitches and power left or right runs. Run defense is stronger than the pass defense but has good DB's. Can make big plays on the one-on-one match up.

Overall: good player and an (A) team. Started off well against the Trojans but if you are playing in the Colleseum and lose momentum than it will be hard to come back from.

8. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

User: Magoo
    Team: Alabama

Offense: Magoo runs a balanced attack in regards to running and passing. He likes to setup his passes with his Heisman winning HB Trent Richardson. Most of his pass attempts are in the form of a play action unless backed up on 3rd down. Runs the ball well straight at defenses and loves to get the ball over the top to his TE.

Defense: Alabama's D is loaded with speed and talent. When throwing the ball be sure you have space, and then check again. I got lucky on a quick slant, his CB was at least two to three steps behind my WR when I threw my pass, which was not underthrown, and his CB made up all the steps to fly past my guy and almost pick off the pass. His D line is extremely aggressive and hard to run or pass against. You will not have much time to get rid of the ball so be sure where you are going with it and if it isn't there, get rid of it.

Overall: Fun player, didn't abuse any plays or glitches. Uses his team strengths to win games.

9. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

USER: xassassin
    TEAM: Georgia

OFFENSE
    Offensively, Georgia is not a prolific team. I feel like I play pretty good defense, so, I never felt like my defense could not control the game. Against a less than stellar defense the Bulldogs can definitely pound them out with the running game. I can't really say how good the running game is because my strategy was to stop the running game. The passing game was strictly a deep vertical attack. I think Georgia had 4 total completions for 225 yards, so it was bombs away. But don't be fooled into thinking it's just mindless bombing. His receivers can float, AND THEY WILL BEAT YOU DEEP. I had a bad defensive backfield day, as far as positioning, so he made some huge plays. After those huge passes I had 2 goal line stands to force him into 2 field goals. Also, he did not have any turnovers. He doesn't force throws. I see FSU gave up 38 to Georgia last week, they had to have had multiple turnovers, cause Coach xassassin will not kill himself. So, if you're waiting for him to make a mistake you will definitely lose.

DEFENSE
    This is where the WOW factor was hitting me. His right defensive end was single handily destroying my offense. He was blowing up my left tackle without any blitz. He's 300 pounds and strong. He didn't have any sacks but I could not run the ball at all because he was shutting the whole side of the field down by himself. I tried a short passing game. Nope. That left me 3rd and short often, but they get to the ball fast. Extremely Fast. I tried a medium passing game, it was successful, but not when i needed it. Deep passing was out of the question. He wasn't blitz happy but they get after the quarter back. Don't try to beat this team on 1 play. The defense is stout, so, a turnover will kill you. I didn't have any so I kept the game close. But, if I would have had 1 turnover I would have lost.

OVERALL
    1st let me say Coach xassassin and the Georgia Bulldogs are the truth. This is my 5th user game since I joined Overdrive. I lost 2 (1 by blowout) and the 3 wins were by 3 points or less. This game was the biggest struggle by far. I don't know if playing in Georgia was that extra factor, but, whatever it was it was brutal. And to be totally honest, I was praying for a turnover the whole second half. It never came, but, I didn't think i could win unless I got a turnover. I punted to him with like 4 minutes left and buckled down to force a 3 and out. Somehow we marched down to the 4 yard line. I scored with 8 seconds left to pull ahead 14-13. I can't really offer a gameplan to beat this team cause nothing I did was really successful. However, I will offer my best assessment to beat this team

1. Be patient. Then, after you're patient, be patient again.
    2. See #1
    3. See #2
    4. STOP THE RUNNING GAME
    5. Prepare for his vertical passing attack

10. C Young

C Young Walk On

User: eberdeeber
    Team: LSU

Offense: Honestly runs a pretty standard offense, solid running game - but if you can get his QB rattled early then turnovers can definitely be had. I was fortunate enough to weather the early storm when he marched right down to my end of the field with ease, but after that my D-Line was able to control the majority of the game while mixing things up with some blitzes.

Defense: From the looks of it he runs a 1-5-5 or a 2-4-6 I honestly couldn't tell, I just knew I saw tons of defenders standing instead of their hands down. Likes to shift some of his LBs to keep the line on their toes. With the blitzes he sent, there was no help over top and my receiver speed definitely caught him off guard early in the game as I was able to beat his safeties for a couple quick scores with my burners. If your O-Line can pick up the blitzers, they can be blocked - and you will have plenty of time to survey the secondary.

Overall: Good player, nice guy we had some laughs during the game - I think if it were in Louisiana it may have been more competitive, I think once his QB got rattled it was a wrap.

11. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

User: Clayandlbf
    Team:Clemson

Offense: He runs a 3 wide attack a lot that really mixes up the pass and run to keep you off balance. If you can shut down his running attack and get him in 3rd and long situations you could have a good chance to get him off the field. If he gets to 3rd and medium Clemson is tough to control because he has a lot of speed on the field to contend with. IF you have a slow secondary be prepared to be running around tackling from behind his offense is built for speed.

Defense: IF you try to throw deep better make sure his safety is not around he is fast and can get to the ball quick. His OLB can get to the ball quick so outside tosses and pitches are hard to get going because of defense speed. If you hold onto the ball much longer than the 3-5 second rule you are going down.

Overall: Great player with a fast team that will be a force to reckon with once he get's his team built up. Fun game and as always a thrill to play against win or lose.

12. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

After looking at last years recruiting results that should be in about 7 or so more seasons.... ;)

13. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Hey, Hey... I had a top 25 class, not too shabby. Winning the ACC Championship this past year should help us out. :)

14. C Young

C Young Walk On

User: BigKing
    Team: FSU

Offense: Try not to Disconnect

Defense: Try not to Disconnect and 2nd time

Overall: All joking aside...will edit later!

15. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

lol, I hate those games where ea's servers just won't let you play

16. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

User: C Young
    Team: USC

Offense: Wants to establish the run and then hit you deep with his speedy receivers. Will also throw some play action at you. Majority of the time had 3-4 receiver sets. Having your safties back is a must.

Defense: Like to play bump and run and got burned a few times. Generally played safties shallow shutting down mid range passes but vulnerable to the deep pass. Shut down my rushing attack, but I have a feeling that might be a common occurrence.

Overall: Had so much fun we started 4 games over the past day. I was very happy that I got up early because it was much easier to play defense and I didn't need to be too aggressive on offense.

17. eberdeeber

eberdeeber Walk On

User PNC
    Team: Utah

Offense: Seems to be a balanced player. Has a solid running back. Also has a good receiver (Mathews) who usually plays on the left side of the field. He is a tall receiver which gives an advantage on the one on one. Quarterback is pretty accurate. If you have a solid D-line or quick linebacking corp than you can get to the quarterback to rattle him. Blitzing can always bite you in the tail but it seemed to be effective because his line did not hold up the blitz all the time. Defend the run early on downs. Every once in a while he may go long to stretch the defense but usually on a one-on-one situation.

Defense: Commits to the run. Hard to run North South. Can establish the run by doing pitches and stretch runs if you have a speedy back. Once you can do that then you may have some success running the ball in the middle which is short lived. Defensive line is quick. So are the Linebackers. CB McGill is a good ball hawk. Throw away from him and you may have success. The middle of the field may be his most vulnerable area. Two weeks in a row he was attacked in the middle, using the Tight End. Tight End may give a match up problem.

overall: Really good player and team. Especially for a team that doesn't get the recruits like the bigger division 1 schools.

18. eberdeeber

eberdeeber Walk On

Need something on Ryan C please.

19. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

USER: xassassin4lifex
    TEAM: Georgia Bulldogs

OFFENSE: Well, it was raining and Hurricane Coochy was baring down on our football game. Like mine, his offense wasnt sharp and sputtered continuoulsy. I held him for -36 yards rushing and noticed he takes a lot of sacks. His 3rd down conversion percentage was 2-10 (20%) mainly bc he was always in 3rd and long. I blitzed him and the QB holdon on to the ball too long. Watch out for #12 WR King, he's fast. Likes to run, so stop it and force him to throw the ball and you'll rattle GA's cage and make UGA poop his pants.

DEFENSE: It's GA so very good defense as always. He plays a 3-4 and tries to cram the middle of the line. I had succes with the HB tosses and sweeps. DB's are very hard to pass on. GA is coached well AND LOVES TO STRIP THE BALL!!! The RB button is your best friend.

OVERALL: We had a lot of laughs in our game and fun player to play against. Cant wait to play them next year.

20. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

User: InfiniteMTX
    Team: Penn St.

Offense: Coach Infinite uses a good mix of running and passing. I know that has been said before about his gameplay but it is the best way to describe it. He has a very slippery HB that is cappable of bouncing outside and taking it to the house. You must focus on containing him and not over-pursing. WR #20 is his speed demon and he will burn your CB deep if you don't have safety help over top. Coach Infinite is succepitlbe to the INT if you can get some pressure on him and get him playing from behind.

Defense: If you can get him looking run, run, you can find some open targets down field. The flats are typically coverd and where you will throw a pick-six if you try to go there anyway. Doesn't over uses the blitz but his D-line is fully capable of getting to you by themselves. Will use the saftey to fill box if he thinks you are running. Also likes to time the snap with the safety and definite running plays.

Overall: Fun game with a good sim player. No complaints.

21. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

User: eberdeeber
    Team: LSU

Offense: A very power based offense, two/three TE formations most of the game, will hit you with the long ball if you overcommit to the run. Likes the toss play out of Ace-Bunch(I believe, if so it was a package with two TE) but will audible out if you overload that side. Overall he is a lot more comfortable with playcalling this year.

Defense: Matches what you do more than formation, burn him with the run/short pass and he will run more 4-3, will use the 1-5-5 to get pressure if your O-line is dominating his d-line. Brings a lot of pressure so passes to the flats and short passes as well as outside runs can be used to burn him.

Overall: Great player, can definitely see the improvement with his level of comfort with the offense

22. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I may be immune to scouting reports lol. It's been over a year since one was posted.

23. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

User: Raidernation
    Team: Miami

Offense: Run first, will use the run game to play off the passing game, is very adept at hitting the short pass and likes to use his monster(6'8") TE in the receiving game. Will take off with the QB if nobody is open, so keep someone at home or he will burn you for a TD or big gain.

Defense: Was hard to tell, I was moving the ball very well so he threw numerous different looks at me, will definitely force you to adjust if you can't figure out a defense by sitting in that setup/formation until you show you can beat it.

Overall: Good user, plays sim ball and did not become desperate after going down a couple TDs, kept his cool and played well the entire game.

24. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

This content was good and controversial last season, I say we bring it back.