Owner Checklist Before Starting Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BadaBing319, Nov 24, 2010.

1. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

First off, great job by everyone involved with the off-season. There have been a couple minor bumps here and there, but all in all it has been very smooth. Kudos to all the board members who have helped make this such a huge success!

With opening day of the second season upon us and excitement all around, I think we need to make sure that teams DO NOT play their week 1 game until both them and their opponent are ready to go. Guys are going to be chomping at the bit to play tomorrow, but we want to make sure they are cap-compliant and their rosters are accurate on the EA site.

My thought is we do a "Season 2 Readiness" check-in thread where owners must sign off when they have completed their preseason checklist. The thread could look something like this:

-----------------------

Season 2 is upon us! Great job to everyone this off-season - went smooth and was a lot of fun.

To ensure we get off on the right foot, here is a checklist of things that you need to have done BEFORE you can play your week 1 game:

1) Team is under salary AND cap book approved by a board member
    2) Rosters are accurate on the cap book AND the EA site (includes all free agent & rookie signings)
    3) Re-read the OMFL rules, and familiarize yourself with the new third down rule and game scheduling procedure

Please check-in below answering each of those questions. The league will make a public announcement once we are ready to open week 1. At that point, you can only play your game if BOTH your team and your opponent have signed this thread.

Let us know if you have any questions - best of luck in season 2!!

------------------------

Thoughts? Just thought this might be the best way to ensure that we are truly ready to kickoff season 2.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Looks good to me.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Sounds great. IMO we can get this up now and let owners who are on top of their stuff get signed off. I know like for my team I am ready. I've got 3 more guys to hear if I won and then I plug them in and roll

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Great idea Bada..

Your a bundle full of joy aint ya!!!!!!

5. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I agree we get this out there now, but make it clear that until we say "GO!", nobody should play.