Owner Comments

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 8, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Owner Comments

Post owner comments on games and complaints here

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

This from cadepetty(Cowboys owner) about his game vs (DirtyD12)Giants owner.

Rules:
    HB (can sub to 4th/5th WR in a 4/5 WR set, but no WR's can play HB)
    FB (can play FB, HB, or TE)

I will assume he did the formation sub of Dual HBs which is leagal.

I looked over stats and I see nothing unusual. The player Cadepetty is complaining about Aaaron Brown only had 3 catches for 40yds, so maybe he is just a little frustrated about the loss.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If I had to respond, I would say that in package sets, yes, he could use Felix Jones as a FB if it's set up that way. But not as a global sub.

I don't worry about that as my FB has 80 speed and 76 catch. He's not super at blocking though.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Branden - FA Pat Surtain

Branden technically won the FA on 10/13/09, according to posts I have found. The player was still in the FA pool as of today, 9 days later. We talked about 48 hour timeframe to sign FAs after a board member approves the deal. I just noticed the Lions signing him today.

I know real life takes a front seat, but I don't think we can let the Lions sign Pat Surtain after 9 days. It would not be fair to the league as a whole. Pat Surtain currently has bidding going on since the 48 hour rule is in effect. Or am I wrong?

Please, board, make sure I'm right on this. I checked the posts for our talk about it and the original signing.

5. Branden

Branden Walk On

you are right winuvas it was my mistake i completely forgot heck he didint help me neways but rules r rules i guess ill go head and drop him watever.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Broncos Owner

Okay, look, I can be a big boy about this. I read my post in the waiver wire area and can see where it looked mean. I was simply trying to point out where to go to find out IR information.

But two bomb posts by the Broncos owner? Come on...

Also, Jeremy, please monitor the Broncos FA stuff. They are underbidding on players based on their overall. Because he's not putting the overall number I know how difficult it can be, but I know for a fact the TE he just signed (George Wrightster, sp?) is a 75 overall and he bid only 2 points.

Don't like jackasses, and at this point I am starting to think he is one. Not that I'm not, mind you... lol

7. natedawg212000

Ya, hes on thin ice. Jeremy if he doesnt post the bids correctly YOU have every right to message me and ask me to close/lock the thread and make him repost until he does it right. DONT award players to guys who don't do crap right around here. From what i hear his brother is the jags owner and a very cool guy. jags tells me that his brother is some what of an idiot and he has to explain everything to him and hes also a hot head. hes on thin ice i know that.

8. Jeremy

i saw he wasnt putting overall in title and i guess i should have researched that player..

should i revoke that he won these players he underbid and ask him to rebid?

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That sounds like the best way to handle it. When I get back home and can get ps3 hooked up at girlfriend's house I can look at other players unless you can before 1:30 pm central Jeremy. Anyone he underbid needs to be rebid and a new 24 hour timeframe to be done.

Make sure you explain it to him nicely, though. Don't want him to get angry. :)

10. natedawg212000

ya. i was wrong about it being the jags brother its the ravens brother who is still a cool guy

11. natedawg212000

A small complaint about you Jeremy. Sauk is a cool guy and doesn't want a big fuss over this, but said that you were manually moving Dlinmen on a lot of the snaps. You may NOT move dlinemen anywhere manually.

12. Jeremy

lol...
    i would just shift my DTs one spot left or right..i wasnt moving them off the line or spreading them way outside..
    instead of using the auto line shift, i wanted to move just one dt or de one spot left or right.
    I assumed the moving DL rule was for taking for DL and moving them out of their positions, ie standing them up or moving DT to the outside...If what I am doing is against the rules, no biggie, i will stop

13. natedawg212000

ya. you cant manually move them at all. only line shifts

14. natedawg212000

Hey Nate . I am sorry , I hate to cry about games I sux and I know it . This is my 1st season playing vs people online . But Damn we need to have just a little sportsmanship ( some owners that is ) . I just played the Texans . he was up 28-7 with 5 sec in the 1st half he throws a bomb for a TD ok fair enough . Starts the 2nd half kicking to me HIT STICKS my guy and recovers the ball . now 42-7 . Kicks a field goal 45-7 . Intercepts the ball and decides to fake his way for a TD 52-7 . still in the 3rd . Now the 4th he gets another TD instead of running in the line he goes outside for a TD 59-7 . I was slightly digusted before now hell . I just run the ball & punt it away with 56 secs left in the game he goes left turns runs righty and goes 96 yards for a Punt return TD final score 66-7 That sucks man ! Sorry I had to vent

this above comment is from the 49ers owner RCF about the Texans owner Maij. I will pass down a talking too and possibly a first warning about running up the score. I will do the same for the colts owner also.

15. Jeremy

Texans owner says he ran the ball the entire 2nd half
    he probably should have just fell down on the Int returns but I cannot fault him for hit sticking when up big .
    Do we expect owners to fall down if they break a big run when winning big??
    At some point owners have to take responsibility for their teams performances and freaking tackle the HB on a routine running play especially when you are 100% sure they are running it.

Sometimes the loser in these games are as much responsible for the lopsided scores as the winner, with crazy play calls and all-out blitzes every play .
    Not suggesting that is the case here but just a thought from a different perspective.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Speaking as a big loser so far, I actually agree with Jeremy a bit on this one. In the real NFL, people put in backups at key positions but they are expected to make plays as if the game was still close. In some cases, coaches coach the same way with backups in blowouts as they would in close games. I think the big thing is just making sure that people who are up big try to put in backups where possible, and then it's up to the losing player to get a stop.

Does that make sense? I don't know if you could put a "rule" in for backups to be mandatory at certain score levels at certain points of the game, but that's a possibility. Something like:

If up by 35 points at any time, place backups in. Once the score gets back within 34 points or lower, starters may reenter the game. If up by 28 points in third quarter, same as above. If up by 21 in fourth quarter, same as above.

Just an idea, not advocating it at all.

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Had to add a post about the Colts. In defense of the Colts, the Rams had 7 or 8 turnovers. I feel bad for the Rams, but how can you NOT score a lot when you have that big a discrepancy in turnovers?

18. natedawg212000

well i too have had picks when up big and just ran it out at the 2 yard line and punted it out the endzone. yes i do expect players to run out of bounds when up huge. I am not talking 10-15 points, but when up 30 points and still putting up double digits in the 3rd and 4th quarters then that is way way too much imo. put in 3rd stringers and do what you gotta do, but DONT score. thats basically what I told them both. i am more loose on the colts, but the texans was way over board imo. double digits in 3rd and 4th after up huge is too much, no matter what.

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay. I see your point I guess. I don't 100% agree with it, but I agree with it about 90%. Which is enough for me. :)

20. natedawg212000

ok, this is about the 3rd time i've heard this about the falcons, but here is the official complaint:
    chrisdstan: oh by the way, the falcons won the game on screens passing in the 4th quarter
    chrisdstan: it was hard to stop once my lb got tired easy because he ran to the otherside of the field and then throw, once turner get's running watch out

21. Jeremy

I knew Waj would be trouble when he argued for no restrictions on player movement .

22. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i have to agree thats what he beat me on....that and the lag was terrible

23. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Has he been warned at all or talked to by us or the owners complaining? Just wondering.

24. natedawg212000

I sent him a complaint today saying hes gotta clean up the screens and do them right and not run them back to back or even 90% of the time.

25. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I have actually yet to run a screen play until the Chargers game (it failed) because I've been worried about being called cheesy. I've also not run a counter play either. Maybe I need to be MORE "cheesy" to win a game...hmmm...