Owner Funds Issue

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by BobJr, Oct 12, 2014.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Hey guys,

After our league discussion today, I wanted to touch base on how we are going to handle all this going forward. I know that there is a funds issue, but I feel as though Coach mode will have some worse problems.

Going forward we are going to keep how we handle relocation. (There will be no arguing if you get voted no on the movement).

As for bailouts. I will give an HK Bailout to any owner that has the financial warning issue, or any owner that wants a bailout after the draft. You MUST stay online after the draft to receive your "bailout". Secondly, the owner that receives the bailout WILL NOT be allowed to sign anyone until Week 1 of the regular season.

The bailout is a bit of work, but I understand that the game has its flaws in Owner Mode. For the owners not receiving any hand outs, please be patient after the draft as we will be going through this process.

Thanks guys,
    Bob

Hard Knocks

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Will need that handout, please and thank you.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm just curious, what caused you to run negative? Did a losing season cause you to run into the red?

4. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I'm sure it played a part in it. However even to start the season I was losing more money on the road than I was making at home, the disparity just increased as the season went along and the L's kept piling up.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I hate how the financial model is tuned. It's too gamey and not realistic to me.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Honestly it's probably best I didn't make the playoffs as I was making money during every advance in the playoffs just off merchandise sales. I don't even want to think about where my funds would be if I had to be the away team on a playoff run (ended the year at -4.75 million)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Hard Knocks

How many of you guys ended up in the negative this season? Did you resign, do stadium upgrades? I'm compiling info to send in to EA.

• Like Like x 3
  8. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I ended the season with 1 mil or so. I didn't resign any guys or do stadium upgrades. I even cut some guys during the season.

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

More than just gamey, it is very unrealistic. Instead of the cap being the constraint, it is funds. And lets not even talk trying to do stadium upgrades.

We are going to have a bunch of teams 30-50 mil under the cap.

• Like Like x 2
  10. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I honestly dont feel like letting half the league move is the right recourse here. If financial issues are really a league wide problem, letting people move just creates advantages for people that move to the large markets. You still have to pay for the stadium if you move and if you move to small market cities you're just delaying you going broke by 2 or 3 seasons.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Not necessarily the case. It is a combination of small market and bad stadium. Losing will just pile on top. Then there is also a fan base type.

In Tampa, my ticket revenue is 3.5-4 mil a game. In Austin, I was getting 7.75-8 mil a game. This didn't count the increase in memorabilia and concessions either.

I think getting rid of funds all together is the best bet. But Bob has a lot of concerns with people abusing the system and trying to police. So we are kinda stuck.

12. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    What is not necessarily the case? Your ticket sales may have increased in Austin, but you're also paying an extra $2M+ a week for a new stadium.

13. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

1.35 mil a week to be exact. The gains outweigh the costs.

14. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I hovered at 4-7 mil in funds and after the playoffs i jumped to 12mil.
    I franchised Casey and I just signed Nate Washington and my punter i think. Lots of guys turned me down so i lost track.

I am relocating and for me its a must. I was getting about 12-15k in no-shows a game until i slashed prices on everything. I still had 9-10k no-shows. but the extra 5k in fans helped make home games a little more profit than the cost of road games.

In San Antonio my cost will increase by 1.8mil a week I think but i will go from 45k fans a game to a more loyal market with over 67K per game. and more luxury boxes and more than just level 1 food.

Owner mode can be a pain but you gotta work wit it an tweak it the best you can.
    I made 12mil for the season, in a small market and going 3-13. That's not enough to do much but that is about as bad as it can get. Losing, in a bandwagon small market, with no popular players.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I went 6-10 with the 30th ranked stadium and made a rennovation to my parking. I currently have 20M in funds

• Like Like x 2
  16. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Ended at -4.7 or so. Will update when I get home so I know exact number. 2 resignings; my punter and WR Boykin will also update with their bonus numbers.

17. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I made a couple big re-signings (McCourtey and Solder both got 4 year deals) during the year, went 14-2 reg season, home field in playoffs, won SB. Had 40 mil in funds once we hit offseason. My stadium has a bad rating, though.

18. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

If tweaking owner mode means everybody relocating, then that's not a good thing IMO.

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    How many people are SURE they will be making money when they relocate? You have a new stadium lease to pay down.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

I know JM, did some offline stuff to experiment. Not sure about the others.

21. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    In the tests I did I 100% made money moving to London. In my OKC tests I actually lost money after year 4. I think a lot of it has to do with what stadium you build and how much the city kicks in (not always the same from what I've seen).

22. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Spent 2.1 million on bonuses for the 2 resignings (1.2 for Boykin, 900k for Punter). I am currently at -3.4 in funds as I seem to have gained some more money during super bowl week (1.4 million in team revenue for that week)

23. smace767

smace767 Walk On

You missed what i was saying. My point was that i was in about as bad a situation as you could get, but tweaking prices i made 12mil. for the season. Where i am now. 12mil is not good enough to function but you can get in the black if you tweak some prices in most cases. You gotta find the sweet spot where you get the most attendance.

Relocation happens. If it didnt the Titans would be in Houston, the Rams in LA, the Colts in Baltimore, The Ravens in Cleveland, and Raiders in Oakland, in LA, in Oakland. I was old enough to watch football when all these moves happened.

There are some teams. Most actually, i think should not move. If they didnt move when people called the Saints the Aints and people wore bags over their head at the stadium. They wont go anywhere. After Katrina he talked but was never going anywhere permanent. The Bills should never move. The Chiefs stadium is rated low and they should never move. But thats just my view. The Bills might move in real life within a few years.

As far as im concerned the Titans belong back in Texas anyway.

24. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    He was very close to moving the Saints to San Antonio after Katrina, closer than most think.

25. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

I made mistake by resigning guys early but wanted be good owner at same time where I end up in the red and I didn't do my job to win either where I finsh 1-15 I switch prices up and down too that's all from now