Owner Interviews

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Cgreen214, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Owner Interviews Madden 2015
    [​IMG]
    Name:
    Team owned:
    If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why?
    If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why?
    Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now.
    What is your beverage of choice when watching sports?
    What is your go to game day food?
    Do you prefer a dominant defense or a dominant offense?
    If you could play any song in the stadium to fire up your team what would it be?
    What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team?
    What owner is your biggest rival?
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year?
    Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it?
    Who is the one player on your team you cant wait to utilize?
    What is your favorite college football team?
    What is your preferred defensive scheme?
    Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL?
    What is your favorite sports movie?
    Do you like the direction the NFL is heading with rules favoring the offense?
    What are your predictions for the team record in season 1?
    Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future?
    Should college athletes be paid or are we playing with fire?

The Richuation tag everyone if you want to, figured we could get to know everyone a little better.

• Like Like x 4
  2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

3. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Name: Tyler
    Team owned: Detroit Lions
    If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why? Bill Belichick. Just look at the results.
    If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why? I won't cheat and say Calvin. The proper answer is Pavel Datsyuk, but I'm guessing I have to pick a football player so Shady McCoy.
    Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now. How do I do this with randomly generated draft classes?
    What is your beverage of choice when watching sports? Water or iced tea/lemonade mix.
    What is your go to game day food? Hot dogs.
    Do you prefer a dominant defense or a dominant offense? Usually a defense guy.
    If you could play any song in the stadium to fire up your team what would it be? I honestly have no idea. I'll hire a sound guy.
    What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team? Defensive backs. No contest.
    What owner is your biggest rival? Fuck that Baron douche. And that Cheez dickhead.
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year? I'm picking 11th in my league. But I would go Shady #1.
    Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it? Love it. Absolutely love it.
    Who is the one player on your team you cant wait to utilize? Ziggy Ansah. (Calvin is too obvious)
    What is your favorite college football team? I haven't really watched much college football the past few years, but it's U of M.
    What is your preferred defensive scheme? 3-4.
    Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL? Long term. The league is always evolving. It's the next major evolution.
    What is your favorite sports movie? Hmm... Days of Thunder.
    Do you like the direction the NFL is heading with rules favoring the offense? Not really. The game is open enough. Let these guys play some defense.
    What are your predictions for the team record in season 1? 0-16.
    Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future? Ford Field is pretty nice. I'll be broke due to no fans coming to show up so it'll stay the same.
    Should college athletes be paid or are we playing with fire? They should be paid, but it has to be regulated.

• Like Like x 3
  4. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Name: Charles/Cash
    Team owned: Arizona Cardinals
    If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why? Bob Stoops. Obviously I'm biased but I like his swagger and touch of arrogance.
    If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why? Andrew Luck. Kids got it.
    Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now. Not biased but Samajae Perine. Dude is a monster and it's a privilege watching him on Saturdays
    What is your beverage of choice when watching sports? seriously :) Beer!
    What is your go to game day food? Beer
    Do you prefer a dominant defense or a dominant offense? Defense for sure
    If you could play any song in the stadium to fire up your team what would it be? Still Fly by the Big Tymers. 15 years later it's still impossible not to get swagg'd up when that song comes on.
    What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team? WR
    What owner is your biggest rival? My whole division this cycle. Would probably mainly be Cheez though, seeing as how I'm on a 8 game winning streak on hskr8128 and Cgreen214 and I have battles everytime but I seem to get lucky against him.
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year? Matt Prater
    Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it? Overplayed now.
    Who is the one player on your team you cant wait to utilize? Patrick Peterson
    What is your favorite college football team? Boomer Sooner baby.
    What is your preferred defensive scheme? 4-3
    Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL? Remember the Wildcat?

What is your favorite sports movie? Rocky IV
    What are your predictions for team record season 1.
    Very little to work with at the skill positions. Defense should keep most games close. Definitely need a draft or two. Don't expect a winning record possibly 6-10.

I like that they are finally enforcing a rule that's existed for a long time. I am indifferent to the rule itself
    Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future? I would tear it down tomorrow if we could get an endorsement from Budweiser
    Should college athletes be paid or are we playing with fire? let them collect money on their likeness. As far as universities or agents paying them, no way. If your good enough to be popular in college get paid for it IMO.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  5. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Name:Anthony Capparelli
    Team owned:Atlanta Falcons
    If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why? Dick Labeau, Falcons need an overhaul on D
    If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why? Patrick Peterson, Shut down corner, yet to reach prime
    Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now. Todd Gurley
    What is your beverage of choice when watching sports? Dont drink and watch. I get too intense as it is.
    What is your go to game day food? Bean Chips and Guac ( Allergic to dairy, Gluten, and corn) FML!
    Do you prefer a dominant defense or a dominant offense? Dominant D
    If you could play any song in the stadium to fire up your team what would it be? Welcome to Atlanta - Dupree
    What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team? OLB or Free Safety
    What owner is your biggest rival? All my rivals are not in this cycle. I am looking forward to new NFC South owners
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year? Adrian Peterson
    Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it? Hate him.
    Who is the one player on your team you cant wait to utilize? Devonta Freeman in year 3 or so..
    What is your favorite college football team? UCF Knights
    What is your preferred defensive scheme? Always been a 4-3 Man, now 3-4 hybrid
    Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL? Long term
    What is your favorite sports movie? Waterboy
    Do you like the direction the NFL is heading with rules favoring the offense? No, stop with flags and let them play
    What are your predictions for the team record in season 1? 11-5, hard to tell without playing yet
    Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future? Yes
    Should college athletes be paid or are we playing with fire? Playing with fire

• Like Like x 2
  6. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Name: Eric
    Team owned: Jaguars
    If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why? Bellicheat because he has mad videotaping skillz WORD
    If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why? It's gotta be Bortles. 3rd Overall Pick No Brainer....
    Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now. DE or DT. Names TBD
    What is your beverage of choice when watching sports? Beer
    What is your go to game day food? Ribs like this

[​IMG]
    Do you prefer a dominant defense or a dominant offense? Defense Wins Championships
    If you could play any song in the stadium to fire up your team what would it be?

What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team? DE
    What owner is your biggest rival? PAgamer07 but he doesnt play wif us
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year? A-Rod - Homer Pick
    Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it? Meh

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]
    What is your favorite college football team? WVU Duh
    What is your preferred defensive scheme? 3-4 but i am stuck with a 4-3 for now
    Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL? Fad just like the wild cat

[​IMG]

No... [​IMG]

3-13

Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future?

Guns, the Beach and No Income Tax and bad ass scoreboards...I ain't goin nowheres

[​IMG]

Um No. Unions have destroyed our country's manufacturing. Do you really want the same for college sports?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Name: Joshua
    Team owned: Seattle
    If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why? Hard to argue with Bill Belichick. The rings don't lie - and neither do the tapes when spying on your opponents' practices
    If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why? An elite quarterback can make nearly any team. So, for his combination of age and talent, I would have to go with Andrew Luck (those who remember my fun times in After Midnight are laughing hysterically at this point).
    Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now. <Randomly Generated OL Stud> - This guy is going to be a monster when we draft him.
    What is your beverage of choice when watching sports? Cheap beer - lately that's been Coors Banquet.
    What is your go to game day food? Brats or BBQ
    Do you prefer a dominant defense or a dominant offense? A dominant offense gives you a chance to win every game, so I would have to go that route.
    If you could play any song in the stadium to fire up your team what would it be? Depends on my opponent. Usually I'll have some rock or 90s rap playing through the headset, but when Cgreen214 is in the chat with me it is all boy bands and Savage Garden.... mostly Savage Garden.
    What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team? It's not so much of a position upgrade that is necessary, but I am truly going to be in cap hell after year one. I would like to get a true #1 receiver in the first couple years, though.
    What owner is your biggest rival? Well, all of my old rivals ran away after Madden 15, but I [somehow] managed to find new ones. And thanks to some planning, politicking, and Black Republican 's good judgment they are all in the NFC West. publik drunk , hskr8128 , and Cgreen214 : watch yourselves.
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year? My one fantasy football league is a keeper league, and I'll be keeping Marshawn Lynch and Calvin Johnson from last years' roster. After that, I'm probably going to find that #2 HB. Yes, I understand that finding a good #2 HB in a keeper league is like searching for the holy grail, but god damn it I will find it one day!
    Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it? Like it. Personalities are good for the game.
    Who is the one player on your team you cant wait to utilize? Anyone who remembers me from NCAA knows that I love to pound the football. While I was never able to establish that in Madden 15 with New England, I am really looking forward to utilizing Marshawn Lynch.
    What is your favorite college football team? Illinois and Northern Illinois
    What is your preferred defensive scheme? 3-4
    Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL? It's here to stay, especially considering the continuing rule changes that are being made to cut down on the defenders' ability to play pass defense.
    What is your favorite sports movie? Slapshot
    Do you like the direction the NFL is heading with rules favoring the offense? No. At the rate this is going it will lead to outdoor, arena ball on a 100 yard field
    What are your predictions for the team record in season 1? See here for the answer: https://traditionsportsonline.com/t...for-shenanigans-antics-and-tomfoolery.117327/ . I not only give you my prediction for season one, but the whole release.
    Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future? Provided Seattle doesn't sink into the Pacific Ocean, I think we will remain there.
    Should college athletes be paid or are we playing with fire? Until there is a legitimate, privately funded minor league system is in place, pay these men. It's only a matter of time before major colleges are forced out of the "football game" anyway due to the conflict between the academic nature of a university and the inevitable brain trauma caused by not only concussions but repeated sub-concussive hits. They deserve to be paid, and they should be paid.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Name: Charles

Team owned: St. Louis Rams

If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why? Herm Edwards. I just like the guy and I feel like he could coach and motivate todays NFL players very well.

If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why? Tim Tebow, duh...all he does is win! :D

Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now. Vernon Hargreaves III from the university of Florida. Elite corners are very important in todays NFL and he is the next big time shutdown corner.

What is your beverage of choice when watching sports? A good microbrew or bourbon and coke

What is your go to game day food? lemon pepper wings dipped in mild sauce

Do you prefer a dominant defense or a dominant offense? dominant defense

If you could play any song in the stadium to fire up your team what would it be? "Throw it up" - Pastor Troy, the beat of this song just gets me fired up.

What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team? I think all ill be really missing after year one is a big time wide receiver.

What owner is your biggest rival? I love playing against publik drunk and JFace907, so they are both at the top of the list. Cheez would be another newly formed rival of mine. I have only played him once and beat him once, but I learned that here in tmfl there isn't much more exciting than putting a whoopin on Cheez
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year? Dez Bryant

Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it? Love it

Who is the one player on your team you cant wait to utilize? Todd Gurley. I watched him tear up the SEC while he was in college. He has the tools to be great. He was injury prone and had terrible stamina in college, but madden ratings I just get to enjoy his beastly attributes.

What is your favorite college football team? Florida Gators

Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL? If the NFL gets more QBs the size of Cam Newton I think it is long term, but with QBs like RG III and Johnny football I don't know if they can take the beatings.

What is your favorite sports movie? Raging Bull

Do you like the direction the NFL is heading with rules favoring the offense? I hate It honestly, but I am a defensive guy

What are your predictions for the team record in season 1? 10-6, but that's me being very optimistic. I play Cheez twice a year, so Im spotted two wins every season.

Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future? I may rebuild or relocate, but haven't made up my mind yet.
    Should college athletes be paid or are we playing with fire? I think they should be able to profit off their own names, but I think the schools do plenty for them already. Just don't know how the NCAA will manage the whole pay athletes scenario bc if you pay one group of athletes you will have to pay them all. I don't see schools wanting to pay the other sports that don't generate the money like football.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Name: Bernie J

Team owned:
    Philadelphia Eagles

N/A - We got our guy w/Chip Kelly, offensively creative; can get results from anyone.

Andrew Luck; kid is the total package.

Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now.
    Cardale Jones - QB tOSU

Capt N Coke

Chips N Dip / Pizza

Defense no doubt.

Bring the Pain - Method Man

What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team?

Cornerback, we need some speed and size on the edge.

Whoever owns the Cowboys & Giants

Aaron Rodgers

Over it, if they throw flags how they are in pre-season his reign is over.

Jordan Matthews - WR

The' Ohio State

Hybrid Front, depending on personnel.

It's here to stay too many teams have too much success. Enables less skilled players to shine, driving down the cost on players overall at skilled positions so it's effective and a money saver. Def not going any where.

Any Given Sunday

I hate it, it's ruining the integrity of the game in my opinion. All players should sign a disclosure where they are limited on what they can sue for.

39-0

Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near
    future?

The Linc is A1 !

They are paid with an education. However jersey sales should be percentage gave back to the player. Schools should also be forced to give kids scholarships for a set duration and not year to year; securing the kids education future at the minimum.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Black Republican

antcap24 I miss the old NFC South .. TMFL's toughest division ever (y)

• Like Like x 2
  11. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Yea, I would have to say that was a great cycle in madden 13. We all battled every game. Hotrod as Carolina, you as the Bucs, and capp34 as the Saints.
    I still hated that FS you had. Probably the most dominant player in that cycle to play against..
    What was his name?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  12. Black Republican

Christian Thompson, I had him again this last cycle; people always cut him o_O. Mark Barron on the other side, and the Linebacker with CB speed, Jason Judge haha!

13. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I had to look it up...
    FS Josh Morris in Madden 13

14. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Name:
    Neal, but most people around here just call me Wyrm. Either is fine.

Team owned:

Rams

Kevin Kelley ( I cheated, he is a HS coach) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1849595-high-school-coach-who-never-punts-explains-his-strategy

It's gotta be a QB in real life, I'd go either Luck or Russell Wilson. Both are crazy talented, smart, high character guys. In Madden, I'd have to say a crazy fast LB like Keuchly or Lavonte David.

My QB gets injured more often than Samuel L Jackson in Unbreakable.... But I hear there is this kid at Florida State that's not half bad, some people say hes the next Ben Rapelessbergher.

One Tree Hard Cider - http://www.onetreehardcider.com/
    Bonus - I get it free since I am one of the owners

Man, I am fat.... As a fat guy I am happy to engage in gameday classics like Pizza, Hot Wings, and Nachos. All three is even better if available.

Um, both please.... In terms of building my team in Madden I would tend to focus on defense, but then I get enamored with some of these offensive weapons or massive blockers..... yeah, both

Soldiers by Otherwise - That song makes me want to get on a plane and go back to Iraq. Playing football after hearing that song would be easy. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...l_EjPxaXb9-dzScRQ&sig2=5XWosvU2fbQC6jwA1tOOqg

All of them? Back 8 on defense, o-line, quarterback, wide receiver..... so, not quite all of them.

WhyGodWhy1111...... but he ain't here. It will probably end up being one of the guys in my division.

Fuck fantasy football - Madden is the only fantasy football I play

I'm a Seahawks fan but I am honestly indifferent.

Nobody on this team really gets me going..... Maybe Tavon Austin

Notre Dame

3-3-5 Stack...... but this isnt NCAA, so I'll go with 3-4

100% yes. So many QBs in college and HS now are athletic and being brought up in this system. Plus it is more difficult to gameplan against.

The Replacements - Shane Falco is my man.

I will say this. More than any other pro sports league, the NFL realizes that they are a TV show. Most of their choices are geared around making the TV show as exciting as possible to attract and keep fans. I love defense, but a 6-4 game is boring as fuck. I will take a 31-27 game all day, there is still good defense in there to enjoy, but also scoring and lead changes and stuff. A back and forth game is so awesome.

I'm a longtime NCAA guy and I had some success. Madden is different enough and I lack knowledge of my opponents.... I'd have to say 8-8.

I am not a rams fan, I want to relocate them to somewhere crazy with sweet uniforms. Football in Ireland anyone?

Um, they are already paid.......
    • First, only the top 50 or so programs could even afford to do this in any meaningful way.
    • Second, at these institutions kids not only get the whole free education thing, but they get free top of the line nutrition, football only facilities that are all decked out and a grip of free gear from shoe companies and athletic apparel sponsors.
    • On top of that, they are like rock stars on campus..... yeah, these poor athletes.
    • A scholarship athlete at Stanford is getting about 80k per year worth of education, room, and board plus swag.
    • If they want to get paid they are welcome to not go to college, I'm sure they could go get paid to play in the arena league or the CFL. Any argument about that being a bad choice only fuels my point that they are already being compensated.
    Having said all of that, I think that there needs to be more equity. Currently a school can cancel a players scholarship after any school year but if a player wants to transfer he has to sit out. That's bullshit. If you want to penalize transfers then kids should have a 4 year guarantee so even if they are hurt or somehow become obsolete they don't get tossed on their asses.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Name: Nick
    Team owned: Colts
    If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why? Mike Leach, football genius.
    If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why? Andrew Luck, he's young, smart, and the Colts have a lot of young weapons to surround him with as well. It'll be fun to have him, TY Hilton, and Trent Richardson for a while, all 24 or younger.
    Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now. I think Mariota will win the Heisman this year, and most likely go #1. From FSU, I'd say our HB Karlos Williams, big guy with speed, should have a big year.
    What is your beverage of choice when watching sports? Beer
    What is your go to game day food? Beer and cheeseburgers
    Do you prefer a dominant defense or a dominant offense? I usually have a better defense than offense. Prefer defense because I hate having the defense on the field for 5 minutes at a time on a usual basis.
    What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team? We have no talent at DT, so we'd like to get somebody decent to take that spot in the 3-4. And an upgrade on the offensive line.
    What owner is your biggest rival? I know Cheez and Wyrmreaver from our After Midnight days. Wyrm always gives me a tough game, and Cheez has been terrible. But most likely my new division rivals, Jaguars, Texans, Titans.
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year? Calvin Johnson
    Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it? don't care
    Who is the one player on your team you cant wait to utilize? Not sure if it's Luck, TY Hilton, or Trent Richardson on offense. All young, plus I prefer a power back, so Richardson will be fun to use. On defense Robert Mathis, I don't really know what the rules are on moving an OLB to MLB, or even if we're using the current NFL suspensions, since Robert Mathis was suspended 4 games for his fertility drugs(The Richuation )-are we going to enforce NFL suspensions? But whenever it is, we're excited to get Mathis on the field as the usered MLB in the 3-4.
    What is your favorite college football team? Florida State. Going there for my 5th football season this year, and been an FSU fan all my life. Although I'm not too happy with the new uniforms, and I'm not a fan of Jameis.
    What is your preferred defensive scheme? I'm used to a 4-3. I've run both and am happy with with either. Since our team has nothing at DT, we probably wouldn't want to switch to 4-3 anytime soon anyways.
    Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL? Long term as long as the rules stay the way they are.
    What is your favorite sports movie? Space Jam
    Do you like the direction the NFL is heading with rules favoring the offense? Not really, I watch way more college football than NFL, so I really don't know.
    What are your predictions for the team record in season 1? 11-5
    Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future? Yes, we'll be in Indianapolis for a long time.
    I like it the way it is

• Like Like x 1
  16. Black Republican

Damn I can't believe I forgot about him; that kid was a stud at the FS position. Speed and laid the wood!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Name: Dan
    Team owned: Oakland Raiders
    If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why? John Madden, isn't this game named after him?
    If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why? In madden, kaepernick in real life, Peyton Manning.
    Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now. I dont watch college football much so i have no clue, i only know the polarizing figures like tebow and manziel.
    What is your beverage of choice when watching sports? Water/Tea
    What is your go to game day food? Anything cheap like jack in the box grilled breakfast sandwiches
    Do you prefer a dominant defense or a dominant offense? Defense
    If you could play any song in the stadium to fire up your team what would it be? Dark Knight Trilogy OST
    What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team? DL/WR
    What owner is your biggest rival? No specific person, i have a different rival every week.
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year? A. Peterson
    Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it? Fine with it, talks shit and backs it up. Crabtree is mediocre tho
    Who is the one player on your team you cant wait to utilize? Derek Carr
    What is your favorite college football team? San jose State - Alumni
    What is your preferred defensive scheme? Whatever the Raiders use, so by default, a 4-3
    Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL? I think it is passed the point of being considered a Fad, this offense been used for years and a lot in the 2000's, notably the 07 patriots who lost in the superbowl. Past that point of being considered Fad.
    What is your favorite sports movie? Major league
    Do you like the direction the NFL is heading with rules favoring the offense? I like the no head hunting plays that can crush a defenseless player, i dont like the ticky tack ones on CBs like illegal contact. Also no, these rules dont make the game like flag football like people love to say, players dont often get concussions in flag football and significant neck injuries. #Realtalk
    What are your predictions for the team record in season 1? 19-0
    Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future? Yes, who doesnt want to stay in oakland?
    No, they are paid with their education/meals and whatever else. I was not a college athlete, but the ones i saw at my college, they had some nice 57 karat earrings on, with other nice flashy jewelry, Jordans, driving tinted up escalades and ratchet chicks all around them. Gtfo out with needing to get paid. Budget your shit.

What needs to happen, if they want to sell autographs, they should be able to without any reference to the college. If players can't capitalize on their status as a college football player, than colleges shouldn't be able to other than selling tickets.

• Like Like x 2
  18. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

He was a bitch to game plan for. Covered sideline to sideline in running game and laid people out .

• Like Like x 1
  19. GDip

GDip Walk On

Name: Gary
    Team owned: Denver Broncos
    If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why? Mike Tomlin's personality, Josh McDaniels for X's and O's.
    If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why? Peyton Manning
    Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now. No idea, probably a DB
    What is your beverage of choice when watching sports? craft beer
    What is your go to game day food? Brats and nachos
    Do you prefer a dominant defense or a dominant offense? offense is nice, but nothing like a D that brings energy to the whole stadium!
    If you could play any song in the stadium to fire up your team what would it be? Let the bodies hit the floor
    What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team? MLB
    What owner is your biggest rival? gonna say Hitmhrd just cuz we had a few good battles in M13
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year? L. McCoy
    Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it? Very likeable when he speaks outside the lines. In between the lines, he sounds like a bafoon.
    Who is the one player on your team you cant wait to utilize? Von Miller
    What is your favorite college football team? Georgia Bulldogs
    Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL? Everythings a fad in the NFL. It'll go and come back and go again.
    What is your favorite sports movie? Dodgeball (sports movie?)
    Do you like the direction the NFL is heading with rules favoring the offense? Not one bit.
    What are your predictions for the team record in season 1? 10-6, hopeful for a wildcard.
    Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future? No changes needed in Denver.
    They should be more compensated than they currently are. What that compensation should be, who knows? There's much more capable people than me to figure that out.

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Name: Keith
    Team owned: Cleveland Browns

Bill Belicheck... the results speak for themselves.
    Cam Newton... total package. Young, great arm, dual threat. Marketable.
    Have not seen the random draft class yet, We will be looking at RT, FS, HB
    Coffee for my morning EPL games, Great Lakes Beer for American Football.
    When things are serious, cant beat some BBQ ribs.
    Defense... just feels better winning with D.

Through the draft, we will look to address RT, FS... but I'd like to upgrade the QB, HB, CB and DL through practice and XP.
    Good question... don't really have one yet. Looking forward to mixing it up with my AFC north opponents.
    Got to be McCoy... I try to draft RBs 27 or younger... and he is a stud.
    I like it... If you have put the work in to be the best, nothing feels better than proving it. And if you feel like letting people know, then so be it.
    [​IMG]
    University of Michigan
    I'm pretty open... I'll play whatever my team defaults to. Besides its all about getting off blocks, running and hitting.
    Probably long term. It's more efficient long term and minimizes physical deficiencies. I would think its more entertaining as well.

The players have to be protected in order for the sport to survive.
    Not sure... probably 6-10. Bad QB + Bad on sticks = long season
    You don't move the Dawg Pound. Period.
    College football should be dismantled and the NFL needs to create a minor league system similar to MLB. The universities are generating far too much money for the kids to go without a paycheck. It's a enormous scam with no pay off. We finally get a playoff... but the rest of the bowls? Worthless.

21. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

These blue fonts are giving me eye cancer.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Everyone use blue fonts!

• Like Like x 2
  23. ptsbx1

ptsbx1 Walk On

Name: Jason
    Team owned: Giants
    If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why? The Big Tuna because defense wins championships.
    If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why? Lawrence Taylor, did i say defense wins championships?
    Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now. Dont follow college ball.
    What is your beverage of choice when watching sports? Water, or beer.
    What is your go to game day food? Pizza
    If you could play any song in the stadium to fire up your team what would it be? Bulls on Parade
    What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team? SS/FS , CB. QB
    What owner is your biggest rival? jwaddy
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year? All Day Petterson
    Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it? Who?
    Who is the one player on your team you cant wait to utilize? DRC
    What is your favorite college football team? N/A
    What is your preferred defensive scheme? 3-4
    Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL? Its here to stay.
    What is your favorite sports movie? Caddyshack
    Do you like the direction the NFL is heading with rules favoring the offense? No
    What are your predictions for the team record in season 1? 9-7
    Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future? Yes, we are still enjoying our new stadium.
    Should college athletes be paid or are we playing with fire? Yes, although it should be a flat rate for all players.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Name: Danny
    Team owned: Chargers
    If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why? Dungy because he's a class act.
    If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why? Favre! He's just so dang fun to watch and follow and I would at least know I had 20 + years with him as a starter because he never gets injured and continued playing at a high level even when he was waffling about retiring.
    Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now. Well, since there are no "real" draft classes I will have to wait a few weeks to determine this...
    What is your beverage of choice when watching sports? Coke or beer.
    What is your go to game day food? Buffalo Wild Wings.
    Do you prefer a dominant defense or a dominant offense? To be honest... Probably offense but after playing this installment a little bit I'm all the more excited to play and build a great defense in SD.
    If you could play any song in the stadium to fire up your team what would it be? The SD Super Chargers song but I think they took it out this year... I remember a few years back they put it in the game but it has since been taken out. I will have to download on my phone and play when scoring!
    What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team? Not necessarily upgrade since I'm happy with what we have this season but I'm not looking forward to much longer with Gates and Floyd so we're targeting another solid receiver to add to the mix next season.
    What owner is your biggest rival? kidofcrash
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year? Likely Jamaal Charles PPR and even standard actually.
    Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it? Wasn't a fan when initially watching it but not bent out of shape about it. He's a passionate guy and it was a big game! I guess its better than him being apathetic but his choice of words were kind of annoying IMO.
    Who is the one player on your team you cant wait to utilize? Rivers and his pinpoint accuracy. If accuracy actually makes a big difference this season then he will be one of the QB's you would like to have.
    What is your favorite college football team? Chargers
    What is your preferred defensive scheme? In M13 I liked the 4-3 because it was the only thing I could stop the run with so I changed the Chargers scheme to 4-3 but I am actually much more excited about the 3-4 with the Chargers current roster and look forward to getting a hang of the 3-4 this cycle.
    Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL? Definitely long term.
    What is your favorite sports movie? Rudy
    Do you like the direction the NFL is heading with rules favoring the offense? Just along for the ride... It appears the NFL can't really do anything wrong at this point. Its clearly the dominant sport and I enjoyed the game with the old rules and still enjoy it now.
    What are your predictions for the team record in season 1? I'm thinking 8-8 in the AFC West in year one.
    Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future? Not sure if you can significantly upgrade a stadium in its current location or if we could move to a local area in SD. If that was the case we would upgrade but we're not leaving SD under this ownership.
    Should college athletes be paid or are we playing with fire? This is a tough one. It could go either way... I'm leaning towards a modest stipend to go along with more full ride scholarships (tuition, room, food, etc). The small amount of money could cover the other necessities for living while in full time school and football but there's no need for any extravagant type of salary for these guys. Nothing more than they would make waiting tables and going to school full time. I think that the solid programs could probably offer more significant scholarship money to more players on the whole team and not just the elite.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Big hitter13

Big hitter13 Walk On

Name: Adam McMahon
    Team owned: Houston Texans
    If you could hire any coach (college or pro) who would you hire,why? Jimmy Johnson cuz he was one hell of a motivator. Just win baby
    If you could build your franchise around one player who would it be, why? Aaron Rodgers cuz he's the best qb in the league
    Name one college player you are telling your scouts to keep an eye on right now. Melvin Gordon, is game wil transfer great to the pros
    What is your beverage of choice when watching sports? Miller Light/ whiskey coke
    What is your go to game day food? Buffalo wings
    If you could play any song in the stadium to fire up your team what would it be? Any song by reel big fish.
    What position do you feel like you need to upgrade after your first season with the team? Qb don't think I have my starting qb for this year on my roster yet. Find something better in the fa
    What owner is your biggest rival? UniQue2Three but I wouldn't call it a rival cuz that would me I would b able to beat him
    If you play fantasy football who is your number one pick this year? Shady McCoy!!!
    Richard Sherman smack talk, like it or hate it? Love it wish I could smack talk like him
    Who is the one player on your team you cant wait to utilize? Clown eh
    What is your favorite college football team? Wisconsin Badgers
    What is your preferred defensive scheme? Multiple d
    Is the spread offense long term or a fad in the NFL? Fad
    What is your favorite sports movie? Tin cup/ Happy Gilmore
    Do you like the direction the NFL is heading with rules favoring the offense? Hell no
    What are your predictions for the team record in season 1? 2-14
    Are you happy with the teams location and current stadium or do you see improvements in the near future? Everything is good for now but if the fans start not showing up I will take them to London
    Should college athletes be paid or are we playing with fire? Pay the players NCAA makes enough money to share with the kids