Owner Introductions - Who the hell are you?

Discussion in 'TSL C' started by Go Devils, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

So I mentioned this before the season started. Now that we actually are filled up again, I figured now a good time as any for each of us to introduce ourselves. If you want to just copy my format we can all learn a bit more about each other. Maybe it will help with accoutability both in sportsmanship and getting these games in. We spend a lot of time between the games, summaries, scheduling and what not. Might as well know each other a bit more.

Name: Rob
    TFS Team: Cagliari... but I am a nomad.... Flamengo, Stoke City, Fiorentina, and Bordeaux. I've been 'em all!
    Age: just turned 33... goddamn it sucks getting old. I think I hurt something new every day.
    Location: Fort Collins, CO. About 10min drive from the fires. Been smokey in town for 2 weeks now. Micro Brew USA though.
    Job: I manage a corporate events company that travels the US coast to coast. I specialize in Lighting Design. When you go into a hotel for some conference, chances are me or 8 other guys like me are running the thing or spending time with a client figuring out how to run the thing. Also do the music scene. I generally work 50-80hrs a week, days/nights/weekends and in between I host a podcast on my alma maters football team (check it out www.asudevilsden.com). Don't have lots of free time, which is why I laugh when people tell me they can ONLY play this date or that date and get pissed when you can't. Work my hours and travel like I do and then I will understand. :)
    School: Arizona State University '03 Had season tix for all 10 years I lived in Phoenix.
    Married: Yup... 5 years
    Favorite Movie Quote (I am reaching here): "There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Airplane

• Like Like x 4
  2. Geneseo98

Geneseo98 Walk On

Name: Nick
    TFS Team: Everton right now... STarted out the first 3 seasons here on FIFA12 with Galatasaray. They weren't bad but got awfully slow defensively after the latest update.
    Location: Farmington, CT. Grew up in Syracuse, NY so college hoops season is fun... I especially liked watching my Orange take down UConn in person at the Big East Tourney this past March.
    Job: I work at ESPN as a Research Manager with the Stats & Information Group. From 2002-08 I actually researched the shows like SportsCenter and College Basketball GameDay. Since '08 I've been a manager with the group which basically means no longer sitting in meeting with Scott Van Pelt for that night's show anymore and answering way more email and giving feedback on reports. Not as fun.
    School: SUNY Geneseo - a state school of 5,000 students in upstate NY. Love Syracuse sports the most though!
    Married: Yup... 3 years. Met my wife at ESPN. She's a huge Packers/Wisconsin fan. The Sweet 16 game this past March was fun.
    Favorite Movie Quote (I am reaching here): Frank Drebin from Naked Gun: It's fourth and fifteen and you're looking at a full-court press.

• Like Like x 3
  3. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

I love this idea and was one of the reasons that I joined TSO because it sure wasn't to dominate in the TSO Fifa league....Ha!!

Name: Vin
    TFS Team: Palermo... although I was born and bread in New Yawk, my parents are off the boat, 30 minutes outside of Palermo. I have more relatives there than I do in the States.
    Age: 44 but honestly after 30 it doesn't matter anymore is the way I look at it.
    Location: River Edge, NJ. I only live in Jersey I am not from Jersey....Ha! no offense to Jerseyites as I do love living in Jersey. Northern Jersey is a great place to raise a family plus I am minutes away froom NYC.
    Job: Many. Primary job is I work for the FAA for 22 years, straight out of college. One of the many things we do in the FAA is build control towers and my guys are responsible for installing all the electronic equipment that the controllers and technicians use. I love working for the FAA as it pays the bills but I also have a couple of side jobs that I love even more. I work on the football show Inside The NFL which airs on SHOWTIME. I do many things on that show, AD, Editorial, Research, etc. Complete blast! I also work at CBS Sports for the NFL Today show (and the College Basketball show after football season) but on that show I only work on highlites...hey they pay me to watch football so I can't complain.
    School: Manhattan College'90 Got a degree in Electrical Engineering. Funny thing is when I was a freshman in HS (Archbishop Molloy) Kenny Smith, a senior, played BB and we were great, when I was a senior, Kenny Anderson, a freshman, played and we were great. I got to Manhattan College which is Division I and I think we were rated 322 out of 322 at the time. My HS team could have beaten them.
    Married: Yup... almost 20 friggin years! Great wife and three great boys.
    Favorite Movie Quote (I am reaching here): "Leave the gun. Take the cannolis" - The Godfather

• Like Like x 2
  4. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

Name: Dave
    TFS Team: Rubin Kazan my team in real life love them on fifa had a great start with them so far :)
    Location: Dundee, United Kingdom :) i live in bonny Scotland folks rains alot but it could be worse lol
    Job: Havent had a proper job for a while i have a speech condition called Spasmadic Dysphonia which if you dont know makes my voice sound strangled at times and harder to get work but i try. Had a few small jobs like a Security Steward at the football and was a referee for a few years in kids football which was fun
    School: Its totally different over here education wise but i went to Dundee and Glenrothes Colleges to do media studies and radio production was fun
    Married: No but engaged and have 2 kids my wee boy is 3 and daughter is 1 today :)
    Favorite Movie Quote (I am reaching here): Honestly i hardly watch movies these days but one thing my Gran said before she passed away that i always believe is "Everything happens for a reason"

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

Name: Matt
    TFS Team: VfB Stuttgart - Wanted to go with Eintracht Frankfurt, but thought I'd get killed with a 3.5* team. Stuttgart is my second favorite in the Bundesliga.
    Age: 35 - now old enough to run for President - watch your backs, bitches!
    Location: Charlotte, North Carolina (having previously lived in Oklahoma, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Virginia, Germany, Maryland [again], Boston, D.C., and South Carolina)
    Job: I'm a writer for a law firm - in essence, I'm a propagandist for a team of lobbyists. For 11 years prior to that, I was a newspaper reporter up and down the East Coast.
    School: Northeastern University, Boston, Mass.
    Married: Married with two girls, ages 4 and 6
    Favorite Movie Quote: Yvonne: Where were you last night? Rick: That's so long ago, I don't remember. Yvonne: Will I see you tonight? Rick: I never make plans that far ahead. - Casablanca
    and I'm going to add a random fact, just because I want to: I once peed in a urinal next to Gerald Ford. Yeah, you're jealous.

• Like Like x 3
  6. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Name: Ryan
    TFS Team: West Brom.. Real life team is Real Madrid so just picked a team off the cuff. I also play with the North Carolina Tarheels in an online NCAA online dynasty
    Location: Charlotte, North Carolina. Lived perviously in South Carolina and Georgia
    Job: Work at a golf store while being a student at UNC Charlotte studying Mechanical Engineering!
    School: UNC Charlotte
    Married: Not married but have a serious girlfriend which could possibly turn into a wife haha!!
    Favorite movie quote.. Im all jacked up on mountain dew... Im going to come at you like a spider monkey.
    Random Stuff: I grew up most of my life in Georgia and South Carolina. I lived in myrtle beach, charleston, and hilton head working as a assistant professional at different golf courses. Some of which were very nice. I then realized this was not for me so I moved to North Carolina in the pursuit of a B.A. in mechanical engineering! I love listening to music mainly rock and going to concerts whenever I get the chance to! I also love watching sports and go to live sporting events!! If I think of anything else I will post later!! Take care!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Go Devils

Good stuff so far guys... keep 'em coming!

Frenchie1916 leave it to the old guy to quote Casablanca

8. Frenchie1916

I remember everything about that day: the Germans wore gray, you wore blue.

I've see that movie hundreds of times. And who's calling whom old???

9. Go Devils

I gotta tell you.. I play two nights a week... I have two bags of ice for my legs and just throw beers on top of them until they are empty. Gotta hike like 10 miles this weekend camping.... then off to therapy next week... acupuncture? Have yet to try it. Hopefully none of them flaming needles near the balls. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. danwin

danwin Walk On

I know I'm about 2 months late on this but here I go.
    Name: Daniel
    TFS Team: Athletic Bilbao, I don't do them justice but I think they are a great team and I love the history behind the team.
    Location: Paragould, AR about 20 miles from Arkansas State University. If you haven't heard of them, you probably will this football season.
    Job: Medical technologist at St. Bernard's Medical Center in Jonesboro, AR
    School: Arkansas State University, currently a Clinical Laboratory Science student. Graduate in 2013
    Married: Yes, for 12 years. Have two daughters, 15 and 4.
    Favorite movie quote..Obiwan: These are not the droids you are looking for
    Random Stuff: I am a avid cyclist, and unfortunately, I have never had the pleasure of biking with my avatar pic. I am a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan and just really got into soccer about 2 years ago. I am also a wanna be guitarist and the 80's rock!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Go Devils

glad you joined the party on this. Passed through Jonesboro a lot in my trips down south. I always travel with my Yankees hat on and still wonder why folks treat me extra nice in those parts. And then one day someone actually referred to me as "Yankee." It was awesome. I should also add that even as a East Coaster back in the day I attended Space Camp in Hunstville, AL. I am a sucker for fried catfish, hush puppies, grits, greens... and everything you can cook that is Southern except ham hocks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
  12. danwin

danwin Walk On

I have a uncle who leaves in St. Louis who also talks about the hospitality he gets in my town. Yeah, the food is great but I have never ate ham hocks, frog legs, squirrel brains, or any of some of the nasty crap some people around here eat. The catfish is really good though. If you ever pass back through we definitely need to meet for lunch.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

My 15 minutes........:D

Some of you may or may not know that I work on the football show Inside The NFL as a researcher, editorial, AD, etc. kind of a jack of all trades. Well periodically I make a cameo here and there, stupid little crap like wheeling out the cake for Simms' 50th birthday, etc. never a "speaking part" if you will. Well two episodes ago, right after the infamous Monday night Packers-Seahawks game where the replacement refs blew the game and set off a fury off backlash against the NFL, I got on air.

The replacement refs were THE big story in the NFL so, sitting in the green room prior to taping and discussion what will be on this week's episode, the producer decides that for the opening segment we were going to have a replacement host for James Brown. Well you can imagine my surprise when he announces that I will be the replacement host. So they made me put on a Cris Collinsworth's suit and a pair of Phil Simms' shoes and threw me out there.

Normally the talent gets to rehearse what will be on teleprompter and also has a hard copy of what's on teleprompter. I did not have that luxury :eek: so I had no idea what I was about to read and hence stumbled in the beginning. I was nervous but probably not as nervous as I should have been because I was sure that this segment would only be put on the web site and not for air. Well as the day went on they never actually taped the opening segment with James Brown as the host and I realized holy crap this will air.

My nickname on the show is Vin the Bookie but that is another story. I hope everyone enjoys it as I am a train wreck haha and I cringe when I see my bald, ugly square mug on TV and cringe even more when I hear my voice especially with my horrific New Yawk accent.

They finally posted the segment on the web:
    http://vimeo.com/51090721

Someone tweeted after the show that Inside The NFL went from A+ to a C+ "because of that knucklehead new host Vin the Bookie"...laughed my *** off because that guy thought I actually replaced James Brown.

As great as the experience was I know not to quit my day job!

By the way the highlight of my experience was me calling Phil Simms Tea Bag in the beginning. The reason why I call him that was because a week prior we did an internet segment where Phil Simms spilled his tea on his suit...hilarious!!!....fast foward to the 7:30 mark:

http://sports.sho.com/videos/1156

• Like Like x 9
  14. Go Devils

nice work brother! just shows hard work pays off

• Like Like x 1
  15. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

WHERE IS THE TSO PLUG??

Kidding aside, great work out of you. Working in television, I can say that I would NEVER get in front of a camera for ANY reason.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

Thanks man! I appreciate it. I know how lucky I am getting paid to work in football.

17. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

thanks! If it were live I would have crapped myself and did my best Ralph Kramden.... Humina... Humina... Core a apple?

18. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

that was awesome man :) great job can imagine how daunting and nerve wracking that might have been done well

• Like Like x 1
  19. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

Thanks!!

20. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Name: Clark

TFS Team: AS Saint Etienne

Job: I'm currently a train conductor for the Amtrak Vermonter which runs from Washington DC - Saint Albans, Vermont. I work the portion from Springfield - Saint Albans. I stay overnight in Saint Albans and work the train back the following day.

School: Curry College in Milton, MA. Majored in Communications with a concentration in Sports Broadcasting. Minored in Applied Computing.

Married: I have a girlfriend of 5 years and marriage is in the near future.

Favorite Movie Quote: "Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me." Jesse Ventura in Predator

Random Stuff: I'm a diehard New England sports fan supporting all NE based teams. I have also supported Manchester United for the last 16 years. I enjoy dipping Skoal Apple and Red Man chew while I'm gaming. Bob Marley, Sublime, and Cat Stevens are my favorite artists as well as any reggae and easy listening music. I'm all about Beer Pong and chicks with huge tits :).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  21. FunkDockta27

FunkDockta27 Walk On

Name: Nate
    TFS Team: AZ Alkmaar...solely because of Altidore. But the rest the team grew on me as I used em in career and online games.
    Location: Binghamton, NY. Grew up in Wisco, got stationed out west, met the ex wife, landed out east. Transferred to NY with my job. Subsequently got divorced lol.
    Job: Run a 2nd shift warehouse for Shop Vac Corp.
    School: N/A lol...but I love the Gators! lol
    Married: Was, not anymore. However have been with my current girlfriend 2 and a half years. Hates soccer. Trying to re-educate her lol.
    Favorite movie quote.. "Do I really look like a guy with a plan?" Joker talking to Harvey Dent in the hospital "The Dark Knight"

Random: First and foremost I am a Florida Gators fan...all sports, I will root for the home team though as long as it doesn't contradict my Gators games. Secondly is my Cubs. The Rays run a distant 2nd, but they fall back into my love for the state of Florida, while allowing me to continue to hate the Marlins...2003, craptastic!!! lol) #1 TB Bucs/#2 Cincy/#3 Zona (and where ever Tebow is playing)- NFL, and Dwyane Wade, The Celtics, The Hawks, Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Bradley Beal, Chandler Parsons, basically any past and present Gators players. OH! lest we forget, HATE LEBRON, love Tim Duncan, and Kenyon Martin, respect Kobe. Ex Marine, love The Vandals, and most punk music (not Green Day type tho...which leads me to a question, how can Tim Armstrong be so awesome and his younger brother be such a douche when theyre related? lol) Soccer: Team Ireland, AZ, Messi, NY Red Bulls, Everton. Hockey: NJ Devils, Nashville Predators, UW Badgers.
    Guilty Pleasures: Ratchet & Clank, No Doubt, David Bowie, my autograhed 8x10 Vinny Testaverde Bucs Black and white photo lol

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  22. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Name: John Krobot
    TFS Team: sc braga
    Job: None Currently look for a job in IT.
    School: PTI it is a small technical school near me. Graduated in July.
    Married: No.
    Favorite Movie Quote: "Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get." You all know what movie its from :)

23. ezio

ezio Walk On

Name: Ezio
    TFS Team: Wigan
    Job: Tech support for a software company
    School: I went to 2 technical schools. Did not go to college.
    Married: Yup... 12 years
    Favorite Movie Quote (I am reaching here): "It can't rain all the time" (The Crow)

24. Frenchie1916

Your real name is Ezio? I always just thought you were a fan of Assassin's Creed...

25. ezio

ezio Walk On

Yes sir it is :) and quite frankly i think the makers of Assassin's Creed owe me some money :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.