owner mode

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by SFRANGER6969, Aug 9, 2013.

1. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

From what I have seen this mode looks great. We should be allowed to use both owner and coaches in the same league so I just wanted to see if the mode works well and there are no problems will we be using owner mode in the league??

2. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Good question. I have not heard all of the reviews on it. Seems like a lot of Madden 25 information has been slow to come out this year. Maybe it's just me.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    You can't use a created owner and coach in the same franchise. This was verified in that video posted in the madden sub forum.

4. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

So then are we going owner or coach?

5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    In my opinion owner mode is dangerous when you have guys drop from the league. I'm not sure I'd want to allow for relocating teams because once someone screws with a team it's harder to get someone new to be interested in having a team in some random city. Though owner mode seems like a fun feature it may not be good in the long run when people inevitably drop. I will probably put up a poll but if we do end up going with owner mode I will put in place some limitations.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Prefer coach, owner mode, been there done that in ps2 maddens.

Let just hope there isn't a glitch in online leagues.

THe other point is what hotrod mentioned, what happens when people quit the league? Gonna be a mess.

7. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

lets be honest though people mess up coach mode b/c they dont know how to do simple math. I do get what the problem is wish there was a way to limit chances owners mess up the teams

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

If owner mode does get voted in, maybe put in the rule stating no relocation.

That way we can have all the fun, and some teams may be jacked, but at least they won't be on London or Mexico when that owner does drop.

9. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I for sure want to do owner mode. Just make a rule that you either can't relocate or it can only be done with a vote or after a certain number of years. I mean a vote would be good to keep teams from relocating that never would in real life. Like the Cowboys or Packers moving. A move should be just as rare as it is in real life. I love the thought of owner mode in a league like this.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Owner mode is the way to go. You just need to make it a league wide vote for relocation. Since they're only 2 maybe 3 teams in the NFL that would even consider it I doubt that we should see a whole lot of movement of franchises.

• Like Like x 1
  11. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

It's ea. Keep it simple. Coach mode.

12. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Owner mode, you are asking for a glitch to happen.

The irony in all this, coach mode will probably have some glitch too.

13. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    What exactly does owner mode bring to the table though? To me it seems like no more than a time waster. I'll be honest, I really don't want relocations at all. As a commish thinking ahead to a point where people will leave, it'll be a harder sell when it's some random team in place of a traditional NFL team.

You don't want to have several things you have to police. Especially in a league with several new members, I think coach mode is the best way to go. Less potential issues.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Agreed, from what i've read, just an enhanced version of the owner mode from old maddens in the ps2 days.

Dont think i want to waste my time setting prices and trying to increase revenues and profits. Maybe im missing something else, but im more interested in playing and building a football team which can all be done under coach mode.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Agreed, I like the option to hire/fire coaches if they give certain XP bonuses just for strategy reasons but we will not know until it's released so whatever works really.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  16. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

+1

17. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I guess I need to get the game and see what owner mode will be first. I'm cool with what ever though.

18. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I find it humorous though that the fear of expanding the CCM mode of last season would be in any way harder to manage and or keep integrity from league members from doing anything unusual. If it's just pricing out hotdogs then whatever, but I think it should at least be considered.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

I vote owner mode. for the people who get games played promptly, it will give them a more in depth gaming experience. When you get your game played on the first day after advance and have 3-4 days until the next advance...it would be cool to have something more to do. You can't base your whole league around being scared people will leave. However, I don't believe certain teams should be able to move, or any teams for that matter.

20. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'm in favor of coach mode at the moment but I don't know what all owner mode entails yet.

21. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

I think we should wait and see what owner mode brings to the table, but that would be my vote right now. We would need to implement a few rules to prevent team relocation. Also I think building of a new Stadium would depend on the condition and age of your stadium. Just my thoughts, I like all of the extra detail that the mode brings.

22. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Without all teh details of owner mode I vote Coach mode. I am more concerned about my play on the field and improving my roster. I don't want to have to spend time pricing hot dogs and merchandise. Play Sim City Carnival if you want to see if you can sell the most popcorn :geek:

23. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    We will wait to see how it shapes out

24. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

HotRod- Since we can't apply XP in GM mode... is there thought to just use Coaching mode? I'd rather just worry about my team as a coach and not all of the GM stuff. Just my .02 cents.

Edit: Never mind this post. I wasn't looking hard enough.:mask:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  25. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Can you lead me to a source about the XP?