Owner Money

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by Jeremy, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I started the year with -$14m in owner money. I set all my tix prices, concessions and merchandise to a very affordable level. Lower than league avg.

At the advance to week 3, my owner money had increased from -$14m to -$11m. At this rate i would have been in the black by seasons end. I rechecked my finances and left alone.

At the advance to week 8 my owner money had fell to -$32m!!!! I resigned nobody, added no improvements to stadium or anything of the sort. I did notice that my concession sales and ticket sales from my previous weeks home was ZERO...???!!!! I

My owner money currently sits @ -$39m and I have yet to do any resigning( i have 15-20 expiring contracts including Gerald mccoy) and I have no clue where to go from here as I wont have enough money to sign any players or any draft picks.

2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

WOW!! Is it because of the new stadium that was built? If so, that's a bummer

3. Jeremy

I pay $2.8m per week in stadium leases from last yrs stadium remodel(previous owner).
    That doesnt seem like alot to me but for some reason I am getting no income from concessions or ticket sales and ticket sales I believe is the biggest area where imcome is generated.

4. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

No it has to be some other unknown shit storm he was thrown into when he took over the team. I think I'm sitting at around $60 mil owner funds and I had a new stadium this season. Unless there was a fan revolt over tearing down Raymond James.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jeremy, would you mind giving one of us access to your PSN account so that we could take a look at your situation first hand? I'd be curious to see how the team finances are established and affected by the players/staff/stadium. Have you guys seen anything like this in OMFL?

LtJustice, as we had discussed in the days past, I was afraid this situation might happen. I don't think that Jeremy should be punished for a situation that he didn't create.

Michael Overman, any thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

I think it is painfully clear that Jeremy Is not at fault for anything here...except stealing my LB before me in the draft last season:jimlad:

• Like Like x 2
  8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Man, I am sorry Jeremy. I am at a loss. This is a very unfortunate situation, especially given the fact that I don't believe you did anything to incur this hardship. Please know that your status in The Q will not be in jeopardy over this situation.

While I share Doug's desire to see things first hand, that is more curiosity than anything. There doesn't appear to be an easy fix to the problem though, and you can't be expected to continue under the current circumstances.

Thinking.....

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jeremy

We have yet to see this in OMFL but we allowed owners and coaches some a good part of the are coaches and therefore they dont have to deal with owner funds.

If I knew what the issues are I could fix them but I dont and with the inability to sign players even players without signing bonuses i have no clue where to start rebuilding.

10. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Im not sure if this would work but if he is removed from the league and get re-assigned the team again would not the funds re-set? When u got the team were the funds already negative Jeremy ?

11. CHUNKNESS

That's what we'll most likely be doing. Jeremy, do you have or are you able to create an alternate PSN account to rejoin the CFM with? Once you retire or are removed, you would be blacklisted from joining the Bucs again. We'd have you re-join as a financial mogul so that you have access to $10m in funds. We'd put a "do not touch" on your guys so that you get the opportunity to re-sign them in FA if need be.

12. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I will buy your team for a bargain

13. Jeremy

I am ok with doing this.

If I retire and rejoin under different psn and we are still in resign phase i wouldnt still get opportunity to resign my players?

14. CHUNKNESS

Cool. Make sure you rejoin as a mogul so that you have the $10M to start with. I believe that if you leave and re-join in the re-signing phase that the option in the CFM will no longer be available to you. If that is the case, we will place the Buccaneer players who are up for re-signing in an off-limits status to the rest of the league and allow you access to re-sign those guys via the FA process; limited to the $10M funds and your cap space of course. If for any reason you do not have enough funds to do so and would like to place bids on free agents, we could have you bid solely on the free agents that you are interested in, and then you can just sign your players to one year contracts with the regular season and then attempt to re-sign them at the end of the 2015 season; whichever you prefer. Make sense?

15. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

And if you still dont have enough money Jeremy, I'd be more than happy to help you out by trading for Revis. (y)

16. Jeremy

I will take screenshots of all my players up for resigning before I retire.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CHUNKNESS

Thank you. Please post them here if you are able and we can announce to the league who is off limits and put our heads together on how you want to proceed.

18. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Sucks to be your Jeremy..... LOL. I know its not your fault.

19. Jeremy

Ok..Im in with a new psn. Below is the list of the players up for resign that I would like to keep. The rest can walk. I am having trouble posting screenshots from phone but I will post first thing in AM once I get in front of cpu.

DT Gerald McCoy
    CB Leonard Johnson
    RE Adrian Clayborn
    WR Kevin Ogletree
    MLB Mason Foster
    LE Da'Quan Bowers

20. CHUNKNESS

This is perfect Jeremy. So what we'll do is designate these guys as UNAVAILABLE for anyone to submit FA offers during the off-season. You should not send offers to them either so that you can designate your 10M in team funds toward FA and your rookie signings from the draft. Once we advance past the draft to the pre-season, you will be able to sign each of them to one year FA deals and play out the season. You'll get a shot to re-sign them in the 2015 off-season as you would have this past season. Just make sure to have enough cap space to sign them in the pre-season AND save up as much in funds as you can over the 2015 season as you will have a lot of re-signings in the off-season. Any questions, let us know. Jim will post the announcement to everyone pertaining to your guys being "untouchable." (y)

LtJustice
    Michael Overman

• Like Like x 2