Owner Things to Do

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Owner Things to Do

Guys,

Make sure you get into the franchise and take your team. Here's a few things to do once in...

1. Check your roster - make sure you have everyone you are expecting (look in the FA pool).

2. Fix your depth - This can be done in the franny (easy) or via the OF website (a bit trickier).

3. Make sure you don't have any duplicate numbers. Player jersey numbers can be changed in the franny.

4. Trades can be discussed and accepted in the forums. Keep in mind that draft picks are more valuable than usual due to the inflated draft classes.

Ideally, I'd like to get everyone in the franny and going by the end of the week. We'll do a quick filler draft (I think I can take care of CPU teams). Once that is done, we'll allow a little more time for trading and whatnot and then we can start.

I may add a few owners if we get any recommendations for guys who would be a good fit.

Anything I'm missing?

2. Josh

Josh Guest

I know we mentioned me switching to Bucs a few weeks ago but never heard much else about it... and I just noticed I'm the Bucs in the owners thread. Could I stick with Texans? I've been playing offline with the Texans and like what they have.

3. Mags

Yeah, sure, not a problem. I'll update that thread.

4. Josh

Josh Guest

Thanks Mags... I'll try to remember to get to my ps3 tonight and join the franchise.

5. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

With regards to depth, I noticed that mine was a little wonky with my 3rd string HB in as my 3rd WR..and my backup SS as my CB. These are the sort of things that I need to fix right?

6. Mags

Correct sir...

If you do it in the OF, you can auto-reorder, which is a bit easier to start with. That might help you. I will have to go in and do that for the CPU teams as well.

7. Millertime

Millertime Guest

Mags no longer the Bucs? Never thought I'd see the day.... :)

8. Josh

Josh Guest

Probably the same reason I'm not picking them up either. They might be too much of a stretch to try and win with if you're a marginal player like me. The only speed they had, they just cut. (Dexter Jackson) I've played 12 combined seasons as the Bucs between 07/08 on PC, but this year I'm not so confident. Also doesn't help they have Caddy at 86 spd o_O. 4thn1 I'm the Bucs but I also have Dexter and a few other FA pickups. I'm going to be eating about $300 worth in Sunday Ticket fees to watch em this year anyways... :(

9. Mags

They aren't so bad on offense, but the defense is still bad. I may play with them (with another PS3 profile) anyway. I had them for 25 seasons, felt like a change. Plus, I get my Rutgers grad Ray Rice. :) If it wasn't them, it might have been the Titans for Britt.

I've been catching Tampa on the NFL network replays. Also, I have NFL Red Zone Channel which is really cool. Anyone else have that?

10. Josh

Josh Guest

Yeah, thought it was just Sunday Ticket subscribers.. but that's cool you have it too.

11. Mags

It was part of a compromise when Comcast was fighting the NFL over pricing. I believe NFLRZ is available on Comcast and Verizon if I remember right.

12. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

Now they need to broadcast it in HD.. I get 734 but it's not HD!! Mags, is there an HD chanel?

13. Mags

Nah, or not yet anyway. We're on the same system. I don't think Comcast wanted to waste the HD bandwidth on that channel, which is why it's up in the 700 series as opposed to the regular HD groups.

Still, it's a pretty cool channel to have on gameday (especially if you have a fantasy football team).

14. Kan

Kan Walk On

Yeah I love the RZC for sunday ticket...i usually have that streaming on my computer while i watch the games on the tv.

15. Josh

Josh Guest

Dude I did the same thing this past sunday. That's how football is meant to be watched!

16. Kan

Kan Walk On

I esp love sundays where the Skins have a late game, so that for the early games, I can have the game mix going, with the 8 games on at once!

17. Josh

Josh Guest

Watch Redzone on pc, then the game mix on tv lol way too much to take in.

18. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Why can't EA do anything right? Thats cool we got an updated roster but, its not accurate tho. What I mean is, there is players missing on my roster not in FA nor on other teams. These players probably aren't starters but, I would just like to have the roster match. Its not a big deal I am just talking out loud. Beside that roster looks good. I will check the #'s and make sure there is any dual #'s. Report to follow......

19. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

ill be online to accept tonight. ive been pretty busy lately. Kenny Britt is in good hands Mags. =-)