1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Owner Tips - Balancing Homelife with Madden

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Jan 9, 2010.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Owner Tips - Balancing Homelife with Madden

Just want to know the thoughts on how to balance the two.

How to avoid dirty looks?
    How to avoid sneaking sessions in?
    How much time do you devote to Madden?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, Gaddy, if I had the answers to the top two questions, I would probably be better at Madden. As far as the third question, not enough time.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I have lots of experience in this. I've lost a PS3 just for this reason and recently had the cords ripped from the walls.

Here is what I do:

Every so often check on the family. Give 'em a kiss, tickle a kid.
    Do something she wants to do earlier in the day so when you sit down to play their won't be to many complaints.
    Start a conversation (not a serious one nor one that promises you'll do something when your done because 9/10 times you'll forget). Act like the game means nothing even if it does. Women hate when something is given more attention to them.

I follow these 'man laws' and get to play almost anytime I feel.

Tip to sneak a session in:

Act like you had a rough day at work and tell her you need time to clear your mind. Works everytime (well at least most of the time, lol)

4. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I only play 1 madden game every 5 days. But my Girlfriend works 12 hour shifts on the weekends so I have all day sat and sun do play what ever I want. Normally I play my other games and on Sunday I normally didn't play at all because I was watching Football. The biggest thing is that your in 4 leagues. Thats alot more required madden time then I need.

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Slip her some ruffies works like a charm

6. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

LOL wajo

I have a hard time also, especially b/c games in this league take an hour and a half. Good game times though, makes things realistic.

No real ways to perfect making time for ps3 but you just have to make your way. Your time. I only play madden when I play for this league now b/c of codmw2 and nba2k10 (bigox, lets get it, i see you son) And even with those games I dont play alot. I have a 225-46 record on Madden but most of those are from the 5 min ACC clock games b4 they made the change to 7 min. Good luck Gaddy but if we play in the playoffs I hope you cant make time for the game LOL JK

7. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

hahahahahahahahahahaha i dont have time to play madden anymore with my 300 games played online record. Anyways, you dont want me in 2k10. my warriors would tear you up. not a big 2k10 online player thou, the lag is so bad its unbearable.

As for gaddy. The only bad looks you are getting is from brady while he knee is getting operated on, again.

8. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

To answer the question. Not married but the GF will get a little pissed when i would rather play madden than talk to her. Thats why i bought the complete series of sex in the city. Just gotta wave that in front of her and shes occupied for as long as i need. Best 150 i ever spent:)
    I play maybe 3 games a week of madden. 1 league game in OMFL and 2 in MEGA
    Play COD maybe a couple hours a week. I use to put A LOT of time into it but the closer you get to 70 the lamer it gets.
    I play 2k10 a lot, maybe 10-15 games a week. Mostly offline with my buddies or my roommate. We all use to play 50 buck madden games but i took everyone's money so i bought 2k10 and slowly everyone is betting on that now. The other night i lost 25 bucks on a 3/4 court shot as time expired for the one point win... Thats ridiculous.

9. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I've hit one full court shot before and tied the game for OT. Bounced off the front of the rim like 10 ft in the air and fell in.

The lag is actually a game itself. The release points are about .8 seconds prior to the point you would release it if you were playing offline. Its very hard to balance to two playing styles but if you stricly played online or off you can really get a good feel for it.
    And yea I dont have time anymore since i've played 300 madden games. I havent played a madden game outside of the OMFL in probably a month and a half. I used to go off on 25 game win streaks like it was brunch, then have a little to much to drink and blow an easy game.

10. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

im a pick and roll player so its not really the shot that bothers me, its the choppiness of it.
    Just like in madden, the stadium and crowds look awesome but id rather the stupid spotlights turn off when their suppose to instead of animating a hotdog guy.

11. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

my wife is cool and knows this is what i do to relax (am i freakin nuts?!?!). i dont hunt, fish (even though i do love to fish, i dont get to do it), bar hop, hang with buddies or anything. i play madden every now and then and thats about it. so shes cool with it. its a balancing act. sometimes its a bad day and i need to be with her. my issue is guys who stand you up. thats the worse thing, other than quitting, that you can do. my wife is cool with it though, as long as its not every day.