P-MMAG's training session with Royce Gracie

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Texboogie, Jun 14, 2009.

?

Did the P-MMAG gym help?

1. Already knew that... duh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Accually I did learn 1 thing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Thats a cool as hell. I had on idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I want to come and train with P-MMAG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

P-MMAG's training session with Royce Gracie

Premier MMA Gladiators (P-MMAG) takes a day trip from Binghamton NY out to Hartford CT where Royce Gracie and family were training and putting on a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu clinic in their New England Headquarters Gym.

First we worked on the clinch. Did you know that if a BJJ fighter has you in the clinch all you have to do is hold the opposite direction your facing? They have no throws or trips.
    Even though Royce and other BJJ fighters can only pull you to the ground into guard; Royce gave me a quick demo of how to pull your opponent down into full guard from the clinch. From the clinch you can volley for position by just pressing forward on R3. (Double underhooks or Overunder) Once he pulled me to the mat (LB<-- on R3.)
    He rolled me right into Rubber guard. (LB + Major Transition). And man, I got to fucking tell you, when a BJJ fighter like Gracie gets you in his rubber guard you better be on your toes. If you make a mistake like I did he will flip your whole world up side down, and all your left doing is panicking to get off your back.

I got caught slipping once or twice and he went from the Rubber guard to Full mount so fast I didnt even know what to do. He also showed me the common mistake of many BJJ fighters make. They go from Rubber guard to back control. He showed me how much more damage you could do by transitioning from rubber guard directly to full mount.

2. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

Nicely done bud. I knew the info but I know some people dont, and it is good to see fellow members helping eachother out (y)

3. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

Thanks, bro. I thought I would throw one little post out there to see if anyone is looking for tips or ways to stop some of the weaknesses they have. This game so wide open its hard to grasp everything at first.