PAC-10 Game of the Week UCLA @ CAl

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Sep 8, 2010.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

PAC-10 Game of the Week UCLA @ CAl

Pac-10 Standings

Column 1
    Place Team Record PCT Conf PF PA
    1 USC 5-0 1.000 3-0 160 77
    2 Stanford 6-1 0.857 4-1 210 132
    3 UCLA 5-1 0.833 3-1 229 133
    4 Oregon 6-1 0.857 3-1 306 118
    5 Washington 5-1 0.833 2-1 249 111
    6 Oregon St. 2-3 0.400 2-2 142 179
    7 Cal 4-1 0.800 1-1 190 114
    8 Arizona 3-4 0.429 0-4 214 226
    9 Washington St. 3-3 0.500 0-3 116 157
    10 Arizona State 2-5 0.286 0-4 130 186

While USC is the early leader in the Pac-10 race, the focus will be on the week 8 matchup between UCLA and Cal.

Cal comes into the game ranked #20, UCLA finds itself at #15.

Cal will need to contain the Pac-10's leading passer Kevin Prince (2265 yards 18 TD's and 11 ints). This will be tall task considering the Bears pass rush has been dismal this season. Offensively HB Shane Vereen has yet to live up to his potential this season. Vereen is due for a big one, and Bears fans are expecting it to happen this week.

Resident odds maker JMS set the line!!

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

man USC must be destroying the computer. that 77 points given up is even more impressive when you take into consideration 28 of those are Stanford.

tough call on this one. UCLA might have had a slight edge after their win over Purdue early in the season. But then they gave up 58 against against a now 2-3 Oregon State.

I'd say Pick 'Em or perhaps 2 point spread to whoever is home.

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

I still have USC to go...

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I like that the cpu teams can compete in terms of points scored, points allowed, etc. USC is #1 on that list on D, and Oregon has scored the most points on offense. I guess the Pac-10 is a unique case as we only have guys that mix up the play calls lol.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

UCLA -1.5

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

ucla giving 3.5 to CAL

I think Brucie is into it right now. He just signed 23 recruits this week and playing well vs users. Foshie will fall behind early but fight back to then throw a costly interception that will seal the deal.

UCLA 26
    CAL 22

7. BlyGilmore

if you look at overall team stats and some player stats we're balanced and spread out for the most part, which is nice.

unlike last year or the year before where you'd sort by say total offense and the top 20 would be all the humans and a few computer teams, or top defenses being all of us (except JMS).

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Tradition Football Stats
    You always have bad apples.

JMS and Hotrod....:beernana:

9. BlyGilmore

hey man - you should be proud of that 170th ranked defense last year. it was a talent to be that bad :thumbsup:

this year i'm just waiting to see what happens with Wisconsin when they don't have Baby Jesus at halfback and the gods of Mount Olympus on their offensive line.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well I am signing some future gods at Oline.

I can pass the ball and always been able to. I literally have to force myself to run b/c of the way my team is built. Makes no sense to throw 30 times even though I prefer too.

Next season is a down year. I wont have any stars. I need them on my team. I am Wake Forest in another league and I don't have 1 standout. It is like playing with a bunch of robots and I am terrible. I dont have guys I can rely on or lean on.

If anyone knows me by now i lean on stars and always will.....is it right or wrong...that's a matter of opinion.

Fosh knows the only way he got a National Title last year was because he broke Bruce Burton on the 2nd play of the game last year. Something I will never forget and will hate fosh till my grave b/c of it.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Fosh is the luckiest mufucker alive. I don't think he had to face Georgia at full speed more than maybe once. Our best players were hurt EVERY SINGLE TIME WE PLAYED...

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i am going to be LUCKY to finish 6-6 this year...so fuck you all

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

You brought this pain upon yourself. You are reaping what you sow, getting what you deserve...ect, ect.

14. BlyGilmore

yeah this game is brutal if you don't have talent. i play in a pickup dynasty with a couple of friends as my alma mater Northeastern (my friend is Rhode Island, and another friend is borderline football retarded so we let him have Pitt lol)

basically created them, put them in the Big Least and gave them the next to shittiest roster available in Team Builder.

not fun times. You have literally zero margin for error. We just killed the first one to get the better recruiting class the new tune will bring, and I was 1-2.

Lost to BC on a QB Hit/Flutterball/Drew Bledsoe special of an interception pick six literally inside a minute left in the game.

Got smoked by Stanford after my starting HB and QB were knocked out of the game in the first drive (no talent starters means the backups are even worse).

15. BlyGilmore

Thanks again for letting me take Stanford off your hands.

16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

how exactly did i deserve this? cause i quit and then came back? that means i deserve a shitty team with 70 ovr players starting?

i picked louisville via text with helli. he offered me the spot by text message when merih was let go. he said uconn, cuse or lville. i picked lville cause i knew they had some beatable rivals. had no idea what the cpu had done (or lack there of) in recruiting since i took them over in week 13 and had no idea they were 3-9 and were going to drop a star level.

and no, im not angling to change teams. im sticking with "The Ville". Just not sure how I brought this upon myself?

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

LOL! Louisville sucks, good thing you get to beat up on Blaza and Ryno every year.

18. BlyGilmore

two words ... ohio state ...

karma - its a bitch.

19. jfosh

jfosh Super

wrong...that's a mat
    Always try to balance the offense mix...and we try to play our backups but its been hard this year with the CPU hanging around longer they would last year

BRUCE is my nemesis but we have them at home!!

no int's by foshie tonight...we need the win have to come out of the season as a 5 star.

Well I'm sorry we busted up that china doll. Don't forget BAMA was stacked year in and year out. I'm sure that had a little to do with the national title.

I'd rather be lucky than good. Helli you have had your share of luck!!!

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yes quitting 1 week before kickoff b/c you weren't running around trying to get the game early like a crazy teenager! You gave up a good team for no good reason.

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

no...i quit cause i didnt think the game would keep me interested and after a year or 2 i would bail. but i like the game alot, love the recruiting, and am more interested than ever, even with me losing to the cpu 1/2 the time. don't think me being fair to 11 other guys, then realizing i made a mistake and waiting for an opening to be asked back justifies me running with a C- overall team while some guys (coughcoughyoucoughcough) have A - A+ squads

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Should have taken connecticut bro! In all honesty I thought the fair thing would be to let you take cincy, but things just felt very combative at that time and I felt I would take a lot of flack for it, so I pussied out.

23. jfosh

jfosh Super

Hey your not the commish to make friends!!! Everybody already hates you..:D

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LMFAO!!!!! so true.

25. BlyGilmore

I said it in another thread ... that'll make you getting to the promised land all the sweeter. Just don't count on the promised land showing before your game in Northern California next year.

not sure anybody would have had a problem with him taking Cincy - especially with Pitt already human controlled.

Having not looked at their roster, Syracuse might have been a good pick too. I'd have to imagine they've got some good pitches (tradition being one) and were probably a 4 star to start.