PAC 10 Recruit Report

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

PAC 10 Recruit Report

PAC 10 Recruiting Report

Going into Week 6, recruits are beginning to visit campus, and in some cases they are beginning to verbally commit towards the school of their future. In the PAC 10, their are still several high profile athletes that Athletic Directors are yearning for. With competition heating up in conference play, these Pac 10 teams aren't just playing for a Rose Bowl bid, their playing for future recruits.

Top 10 School Recruiting through week 6 -
    1. West Virginia
    2. Oklahoma State
    3. Texas
    4. USC
    5. UCLA

6. Michigan
    7. Texas Tech
    8. Texas A&M
    9. Oregon State
    10. Arizona State

Russell PAC 10 : Top Targets
    1. MLB T.Huff - USC, ARIZ
    2. HB N.Wheeler - UO, USC
    3. ATH M.Henderson - USC
    4. T T.Fletcher - UCLA
    5. WR A.Nicholson - ARIZ
    6. MLB K.Barnett - UCLA
    7. WR M.Mills - USC, UCLA
    8. TE C.Harris - USC
    9. DE M.Stewart - USC
    10. MLB V.Phillips - USC
    11. FS M.Simmons - USC, ASU
    12. FS T.Porter - UO
    13. T B.Booker - UCLA, CAL, UO
    14. OLB L.Harris - USC, UCLA, ARIZ
    15. CB S.Robinson - UCLA

They love LA?
    USC and rival UCLA are heating up the Russell Pac 10 Top Targets list so far. USC showing up on 9/15 recruits, while UCLA showed on 6/15. Out of the top 15, only 2 of the recruits do not have UCLA or USC on the board.

Hottest Competition -
    1. MLB T. Huff - As the #1 HS player in the nation, Huff has pinned his college's down to 3 teams. USC leads slightly over Arizona, while Notre Dame is at #3. This may come down to the last couple weeks of the season.
    My guess: USC

2. HB N.Wheeler - #2 HS player in the nation, he has narrowed it down to a 2 team race. Oregon is close to closing the deal, but USC is waiting in the wings. Look for a verbal commit from wheeler in the next 2 weeks.
    My Guess: Oregon

7. WR M.Mills - #24 HS player in the nation and #2 WR, Mills has narrowed his list down to 3. USC heads the list, followed by Texas which is about tied with UCLA. Don't look for any sign of a commitment soon from Mills. He travels to USC this week, followed by a trip to UCLA next week. I think Texas will be the one to fall out of the picture within the next 2 weeks, as Mills makes this a race between USC and UCLA.
    My Guess: USC

14. OLB L.Harris - #3 OLB in the nation, Harris has 3 top teams on his list. USC and UCLA are neck and neck with Arizona slightly behind. This may be the tightest we have seen it all year. Harris indicates he see's no true #1 school going after him, and this may come right down to signing day.
    My Guess: UCLA

2. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Nice report, Lee. UCLA is definitely gunning for Mills and Harris. It will definitely come down to the visits......

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

THen I win ryty , lol Damn reading that made me feel like I was on rivals good job man.

4. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Not if Playing Time and Academics are important to them!

oh...and coaching. :D

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Burned that one stung my man

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Shows how good the recruiting is in the Pac 10 isn't Washington 11th overall, 5th in Pac10?

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Did you want all user teams or all teams in each conference?

I will get on it tonight.

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I was hoping a user from the Big 10 could do that. With the other leagues im in, family and work, I really don't have time to do them all. Check with some of the Big 10 users and see if anyone would want to try and put one up every other week. If we coordinate it right, I could do the Pac 10 one week, followed by the Big 10 the next week. It would keep things fresh without over-whelming people with content.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

USC pulls in the #1 RB in the nation I guess Joe ging down for the season showed him he's only a play away from being in the show. Also claimed the number 2 DE in the country he was a soft commit after the Stanford game but decided to come on board when we called him this week. the #8 WR in the country also committed.

Mr. Huff, are you the next Trojan?

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Prior to the USC oregon st game The Trojans hav announced a hard verbal committment from TJ HUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

That's Huff!