Pac-12 Championship Game Preview

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Oct 3, 2011.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

#1 Arizona Wildcats Preview

Offense: Arizona comes into the game with on of the leading Heisman Candidates in Greg Nwoko who runs with a passion. He has over 1500 yards rushing and 15 TDs on the season. The QB situation has been a problem all season. Both SR Matt Scott and JR Daxx Garman have been coming in and out and have split games all season. There have been games where on starts all game, and times where one starts and gets replaced at half. The QB's are just game managers at this point and when one throws too many picks or gets sacked too much, they throw in the next guy to see if there is a spark lit. The WR crew is pretty sparse after having one of the deepest crews in the nation last year. Dan Buckner heads the front with a big 6'4" frame while opposite of him Garic Wharton who is a smaller 5'9" speedster. They both have had their games and been able to make big plays when needed. The offensive line has struggled as of late, most recently giving up 11 sacks in the Colorado game. They need to step up in the Conference Championship game.

Defense: The Arizona defense is the key to all their success this season. Arizona runs an odd 3-3-5 which keeps opponents on their toes because of it's rarity. Arizona's pressure starts with their defensive line who is a scrappy bunch. With the combination of DT Justin Washington (5), Lamar De Rego (4), and Dan Pettinato (11) the defensive line alone has 20 sacks. Pressure is something that is key in this defense who is also very opportunistic. Arizona leads the nation in Turnover Differential. They also lead the nation in opponents Red Zone Efficiency. In the Linebacker Crew, the trio of Jake Fischer (LOLB), Kyle Benson (ROLB), and Juco Junior George Parker (MLB) combine for 132 tackles for the team. In this scheme, the defensive line penetrate and the linebackers flow to the holes. The DBs are now the fun part! Headed by John McKnight (brother of Joe and LCB), Marquise Flowers (LSS), Adam Hall (FS), Jared Tevis (RSS), and "Shaq" Richardson (RCB) this crew has 16 interceptions between them.

Overall: Arizona comes in with a lot riding on this game. The potential National Championship looming for the Cats and it's first Pac-12 title would be monumental. The pressure is on when Coach Lambdin faces Coach Masler for the first time in his career. Coach Masler has showed some weakness when facing the E League Coaches but Stanford is riding a 9 game win-streak and is looking to redeem their loss to Coach Jello and the Sun Devils from last years Conference Championship game. With all of this who will step up and meet their expectations and exceed goals.

Preditions:
    Arizona 38
    Stanford 21

The Cardinal will compete early but the ferocious Wildcat defense will step up and make a few plays and propel the Wildcats to the National Title.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

#6 Stanford Cardinals

Offense: The Stanford offense is lead by the QB Josh Nunes who is a very good game manager. He makes his mistakes and takes his lumps but he will help the Cardinal try and win this game. The real offense for the Cardinal is the two headed monster of their RBs Anthony Wilkerson and Stefan Taylor. Both RBs combine for close to 2500 yard rushing season with 17 TDs. If the Cardinal are going to upset, it will start with these backs. The WR corp will be a very evenly distributed group. WRs Jamal Patterson and Sam Knapp both have 10 TDs between them and TE Zach Ertz adds another 5. These guys will need to be mobile and fluid in their routes to get this tenacious Wildcat defense off balance.

Defense: The Cardinal defense has two star LBs in Patrick Skov (younger brother of Shane who graduated last year) and Blake Lueders. These linebackers both tallied 2 INTs each, 5 total sacks, and a combined 108 tackles. If this defense is going to stop Heisman Candidate Greg Nwoko, these two will need to perform at their highest potential. On the defensive line, Terrence Stephens looks to head the front from the DT position. He has 11 sacks to his name and 19 tackles (17 of which are for losses). DE Josh Mauro also has a solid 9 sacks. The Stanford pressure will need to be able to pressure which ever QB is in for the Wildcats to make sure they keep the potential passing game to a non-existence. Stanford DBs seem to be more lock down then ball hawks. They don't have a lot of INTs to their name but they seem to make a few plays.

Overall: Stanford started the season very slow but is now riding a 9 game win streak which has propelled them into the Championship Game. A win here could make up for Coach Masler's follies when it comes to playing the E Coaches (losses to Bill, JC, and Jello in last years CCG). Masler and UofC have never faced and this will be a very intense match-up. The Cardinal are looking for redemption from last years Conference Championship loss/upset by the Sun Devils from Tempe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Go Stanford!!! (says #3 Wisconsin)

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

If you take care of business you could maybe hop Boise.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Nice write up UofC. This game is looking intense, this is one of the biggest games I've ever played on the site.

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

This is the biggest game I've EVER played. I've never played for a Conference Championship let alone have any chance for a National Title. Even in Offline Dynasties i've never been playing this good

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

It's going to be one hell of a game due to both of our abilities to move the ball

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

When you trying to play? I'm hoping on as soon as Nautica is done and i'll wait till you get on

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Im watching the Tigers-Yankees, may not be tonight.

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Okay. Just post if tonight isn't gonna happen. I'll be checkin the forums regularly.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Depends if JC advances

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah. If it gets too late i gotta get to bed

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

15. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Too bad EA's poll logic sucks when it ranks a 2 loss team above a 1 loss team especially when the 1 loss team beat the 2 loss team.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Doesnt look like this is happening tonight.

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah. I'm about to hit the sack. When can you play tomorrow?

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'd like to play before the Tigers game, kickoff at 6pm est?

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Sounds good. I can play anytime after 11 AM and then i have a lab between 3pm and 5pm. So whenever around those time frames. Post here and i'll make anything

20. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Georgia is number 3 in the BCS now. While dakota7 wouldn't have hopped over BSU (EA's logic isn't that bad) you very well could.

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

I just got out of work, we have to go pay a couple bills and eat a late lunch. I'll post when I get home.

22. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

You realize we're still in week 15 right?

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ahhh no I did not...whoops...just anxious to play this

24. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

It's alright......I remember my first time too lol.

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Arizona gets a huge win in the Second Pac-12 Championship game! Report coming later. Youtube is being dumb.