PAC-12 Championship

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Aug 12, 2011.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Of course, the game froze (again) during the picture/video upload, which absolutely sucks, because this one had to be seen to be believed. Two one-handed interceptions by Stanford defenders. Two out-of-this-world runs by Cardinal halfback Stevie Taylor. And Andrew Luck actually throwing a pick-six.

I thought this one was over and done with on three occasions:

1) In the second quarter, down 17-3. But then, Antolin took a buck-sweep from shotgun 67 yards for the score. Suddenly, we had a game.

2) Down 31-20 after an 80 yard TD pass from Luck to Owusu, I conceded the loss. I decided I wasn't going to sling the ball through the air and make this one beyond ugly. And that's when a defensive play call of mine finally worked. I sent a strong-side blitz from the 3-3-5, and OLB Jake Fisher dropped back in coverage, jumped the slant, and took it to the house. 31-27.

3) Late in the 4th, Stanford had the ball inside the 5, and looked unstoppable. Two sacks and a Luck miss-throw later, the Cardinal settled for the field goal. Moments later, AZ quarterback Nick Foles connected with Daniel Buckner on a beautiful 70+ yard corner-post to tie up the game.

[​IMG]

2. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Congrats on the big win. It looks like an MSU-Arizona Rose Bowl is a done deal. I'll be looking forward to our first game - and on such a big stage.

3. egofailure

Thank you! I saw this possibility about two weeks ago. Having only two user games this season, I definitely wanted this matchup. Should be a lot of fun if I can manage to keep it close.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

Awesome win ego, 'zona hasn't been to the rose bowl in a long time.

5. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I'm not sure how, but this possibility escaped me. I guess I just figured that CPU-controlled Stanford was unstoppable. Nonetheless, I, too, am happy to have another new H2H matchup. Assuming we get into bowl season sometime tonight, what times work for you this weekend? I should be free after 9:00 PM PT tonight, 8:30 PM PT Saturday night and at various times during the day on Saturday.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Congrats Ego. Glad to see somebody stopped the Luck Machine!

7. egofailure

Have they ever been to the Rose Bowl?

Thanks, man! Stanford has now lost 3 straight. I caught them at the right time ...

Brog', the late-night works well for me, too. I can play after midnight tonight (ET) or late tomorrow. I'm only working during the day on Sunday, so I'm pretty flexible.

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

9. egofailure

Until now, baby! ;-)

10. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Great work here bro...gl in the upcoming years