PAC 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cyhiphopp, Oct 24, 2012.

1. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Juicemann03, you played cmass and I think you played Oregon last year. Who's got this one?

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Hard to say for me as I only have half a game experience vs massey and none against Donk. I have to stick with my National Title pick and Oregon. However, if the ASU team that played USC shows up....watch out Oregon.

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I can't see their schedules here at work. Did they have any common opponents? Did they play the same number of user games? How did they do in them?

5. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

One thing everybody may not know juicemann and I are good friends lol we play NCAA all the time against each other lol. I am still waiting on some get back from last year to. I have been doing a lot of scouting on ASU and I think Oregon will be well prepared for the battle!

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I am thinking the Ducks might have more talent on the roster, at least seasoned talent.

But I am leary of facing either of them in the near future.

7. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

Well that near future is the next Advance lol!

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Off Topic question:

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to expand the Big12 and Big East next season? We could cherry pick really good regional programs to make both conferences strong at 12 each. Then we could split the users into different divisions and have 3 conference championships.

Though I guess there is a lot of value in playing everyone in the round robin format. Then no one gets the benefit of not having to play a tough user in the other division.

Maybe we should contract the Pac12 down to 10? Colorado sucks anyways and should never have been let in. Put em in the MWC. Not sure what other Pac12 teams are really bad though.

Just a few thoughts.

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Exactly. If you guys want to beat each other up, that's fine with me!

10. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Oregon definitely has more talent than I do, and it showed last year when they beats us pretty handily. I realize they've got me ranked ahead of the Ducks, but I consider myself to be the underdog for sure.

11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah, sometimes talent doesn't mean jack in a user game.

12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

It's all about momentum. I played a user game in the Chompions league last night. We actually only got through the first quarter and a bit into the second before we lost connection. But I was up 28 at the time because of huge momentum swing in a punt return for TD and a pick6.

That kind of stuff can happen in any game regardless of talent, and when it does, it takes someone out of their gameplan. Then if whoever is down can't adjust, it doesn't really matter who has higher rated players.

13. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I prefer the round robin to Championship games when it comes to video gaming. Everyone plays everyone and I don't have to worry about scheduling, lol.

The thing about changing the conferences is, what if we take Colorado out, then a new member joins and that's their favorite team? Not extremely likely but that's always my concern. The changes you make may affect someone joining.

14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Good point. Just seemed like it might be good to have all three conferences with the same format. I'm just spit balling though.

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I actually kinda like the revenge/payback possibilities of the Conf Championship games. But it adds the possibility of getting knocked out of the Nat. Championship race.

16. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Louisville v Oregon, thats my natty game, with Louisville taking it all home

• Like Like x 1
  17. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Can I double like a post? :)

18. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

I'm going with good ol' ASU!

19. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Donkalion gave me a heck of a game, but the Sun Devils were able to hang on for the win. I posted a quick recap and some stats in the game summaries if anyone is interested.

I'll try to do the PAC 12 proud in the NC game. I know it will be another tough game though.

20. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

See ya soon!

• Like Like x 1