Pac-12 Preview and Freshman Spotlight

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MaxATX34, Jun 28, 2013.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

smlVICTORIES53 loves him some option football. If he decides to employ the offense we are used to seeing from him, then Smalls has a bit of a task ahead. Rich Rod had started to piece together some athletes for his system, and some players skills may translate to the Wildcats' new offense. However, Arizona will need to find a Fullback and re-think their WR recruiting. Also, the RB corps has a ways to go before it becomes the stable we are used to seeing on one of Smalls' teams.

[​IMG]

He does have a (RS) Freshman QB in Javelle Allen (#9) who looks like a talented option QB. At the very least, having Allen on the squad takes some pressure off the coaching staff to find a QB that fits their system immediately. I know sml will want to get his own guy in there ASAP, but Allen looks like a suitable placeholder for the first couple of years.

---

[​IMG]

jfosh takes over for his alma mater (You went there, right? lol) once again. Looking over the Sun Devils roster, it looks like they are set up with some upperclassmen on offense, and young talent on defense. ASU should look to have as much success as possible in the first two years to set themselves up for the future. Recruiting in the Pac-12 will most certainly revolve around CA, and sharing a state with smalls isnt going to make things any easier. fosh is tough to beat when he has a good team, so the Pac-12 had better keep him in check!

[​IMG]

Fosh has a beastly looking (RS)Freshman OLB (#58) named Salamo Fiso. Besides an awesome name, the guy is a freak athlete at LB and possesses the speed to make plays sideline to sideline. I expect him to make plenty of plays over the next few seasons.

---

[​IMG]

Blaza is back and we gave him UCLA. Awww shit! Blaza will benefit from UCLA being an underachieving program that recruits relatively well IRL. Their roster is pretty stacked compared to some of the other user teams, and you know the CA pipeline is in full effect. Not sure what kind of identity the Bruins will have this year, but it probably doesnt matter. Blaza is tough on the sticks and has one of those "sleeping giant" type teams in UCLA.

[​IMG]

I am guessing the 6'5 Freshman WR on the roster is Eldridge Massington. Beast WR from Texas who I guess grew 3 or 4 inches this summer. Anyway, he is a great young recruit. Not the fastest, but he will no-doubt develop into a play-maker.

---

[​IMG]

Twister18 has far and away the best team in the league. The Cardinal have talent at every position, and have been recruiting at an incredibly high level despite Stanford's stringent acceptance policies. This might be Twist's year in T1. Like fosh, early success will be critical to keep the Wolves at bay and
    winning the conference in the first two seasons would have the rest of the league playing catch-up.

[​IMG]

We've all seen the beastly OL Twist posted the other day, so I will spotlight another player.
    Barry Sanders Jr. Need I say more?

---

[​IMG]

The Parrothead picked Cal. See kids? This is what happens when you dont follow CFB and/or recruiting... You pick a team based on their name and end up with Cal. :p But seriously, the Bears need work. The OL is a hot ghetto mess and the defense will have key holes after a season or two. Cal's saving grace is the state of California pipeline and some talented young players. The defense looks good enough to hold its own with the PAC-12, but will the OL hold up long enough for the Bears to score the points needed to win?

[​IMG]

If there are two positions the Bears wont have to worry about early on the recruiting trail, its QB and WR. (RS)Freshman Zach Kline looks ready to go, and the top 4 WRs on the team are all Sophomores. Get these kids a OL to play behind, and the Bears will be deadly on offense.

---

[​IMG]

Last but not least, my Washington Huskies. I'd put this team in the "you-better-win-in-the-first-two-seasons" category. With upperclassmen at all skill positions and on the OL, the Huskies should be able to replicate their offensive success of the recent past. They will need to do so if they want to compete in the PAC-12. Sharing a division with two California schools wont make anything easier for the Huskies on the recruiting trail, who will need to replace their entire OL in two seasons as all starters are Juniors.

[​IMG]

6'4 225lb scrambling QB that wears #10... Where have we seen this before? Cyler Miles will see plenty of action as a (RS)Freshman behind Keith Price, because the show is his once Price leaves. Miles should have an OL full of Seniors and Senior talent at RB/WR to work with his first year as starter (so long as none of those players leave early for the NFL).

The Tradition

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Thanks. This year should be really fun in the Pac-12. Everyone is pretty familiar with one another and I think the talent/teams are distributed pretty equally. Looks like things will get crazy with at least half the dynasty recruiting California hard. Twister18 just cant get away from me, though!

And Im counting on my West Coast brethren to win OOC so we'll have bragging rights over those snobs in the B1G :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Awesome work MaxATX34. I'm pretty excited about running with the Bruins. Philosophically, I'm a pro guy, but this UCLA squad is more suited for a high octane attack. After a year of coaching Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers, I'm hoping to implement alot of those spread concepts at the college level.

Defensively, I'm 4-3 to the core, but the Bruins are set up for a 3-4. I may give it a shot for the first few seasons, but odds are that I will eventually drift back towards a traditional 4-3. DBs are my bread and butter, so we will look to build a stable of studs back there who play with swagger and aggression.

Really looking forward to the battles and rivalries across the PAC-12 this release!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Very nice Max!! You are kinda a boil on my butt aincha!! ;)

6. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Same boat I am in Blaza but I like the pro style offense and 4-3 defense. Will give the 3-4 a shot this first season though.

7. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Great content man!! Good read!

• Like Like x 1
  8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Awesome Max!! Thanks man...

• Like Like x 1
  9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

There is simply nowhere to hide in T1...there are no easy user games...Nobody took a team that has any huge advantage over anyone else...We are set for a crazy run of NCAA 14..

Maybe the Cali teams because of the State but they may be it.

The best part is the game has been retooled both on the field and off...cant wait to get into it in just over a week.

• Like Like x 4
  10. jfosh

jfosh Super

Im happy to have read this...

Nice work max

This should be a very fun year of NCAA .. out for blood in the pac 12 south

• Like Like x 2