PAC-12 South Blog

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by LeGeNd RiPs, Oct 25, 2013.

1. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

PAC-12 South Blog
    [​IMG]

The PAC-12 South as a whole has been impressive thus far this season, to say the least, with four undefeated teams through week four! Surprisingly, that's not the most impressive thing! The South has a history of being a rather weak division compared to the North, but this year, the teams in the South seem to be out to prove something! Being only 1 week into conference play, it's hard to make presumptions this early, but Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and UCLA all look like excellent contenders for the South Title. Not to mention a one loss USC team and a very under appreciated AZ State, whose only losses come from a tough #17 Wisconsin team and a (former)#2 ranked Stanford team by a combined 5 points! The South has risen again and they aren't playing around this season.

This week, on the PAC-12 blog, we spoke with Coach Mcyork with the Arizona State Sun Devils.

[​IMG]

1. You guys have had a rough start this season with two heartbreaking losses to two amazing teams. What have you and your players learned from those losses and how do you plan on moving forward?
    Rough start? Heartbreaking losses. dammit I told the AD I didn't want to do one of these things. What This is in my contract..... OK I'll play along...I told the team afterward that winners find a way to win. Winners don't put themselves in those positions. Turnovers, bad tackling and the inability to convert on third down are the three main reasons we could not pull out wins in those games. Moving forward we are going to take it one game at a time and focus on those three things ball control, tackling and moving the chains we believe if we shore these areas up we will be much more competative.

2. You've got some pivotal conference match-ups coming up. Do you plan to throw any wrinkles in your gameplan to utilize some of those weapons you've got on offense?
    Really??? Who's gonna read this? You think I am gonna give you a peek behind the scenes?? One more stupid question and I am gonna mic drop this bitch....OK OK I will calm down....This is the 1st year for us as a coaching staff and we are really just getting into our playbook. We simplified it for the 1st three weeks and we roll out more and more each practice. We have worked on multiple back sets to get both DJ and Mike (our RB's) on the field at the same time. We have what some would call SEC speed across the board we just have to get our players to buy into our concept and stretch the field more.

3. You've used a bit of a two QB system with Taylor Kelly, you're starter, and Michael Eubank, a more athletic backup and you've had some success with Eubank running some reads and designed runs. With the success you've had with Eubank in the game affect Taylor Kelly's position as your starting QB? Will Eubank get more reps?
    Wouldn't you guys like to know? I'm a MAN I will choose whoever the hell I want to QB this team. Next question

4. Your defense has been very successful this year and Steffon Martin has been a big part of that. He's leading your team in tackles, TFLs, and sacks. He's also has an interception. Who is Steffon Martin!?
    Successful??? We are 1-3 jesus who is this interview for Playboy??Steff is a monster. Our D is predicated on making the open field tackle. Take on a helmet strafe and attack. But we are 1-3 so ask yourself how thats going??? Guys I am losing my patience with this guy!!! Steff just seems to be in the right place at the right time. He reads the QB's eyes very well and has a tendency to be around the ball on every play. His picks have been a thing of beauty both coming on zone reads.

5. As we stated earlier, you've got a tough schedule remaining.What's the one game that you've got circled on your schedule?
    Are you Fn kidding me?? Are you some dumbass from SEC country that doesn't watch a game after his prescious Dawgs play!!! THIS IS ASU..... NO DOUBT its ARIZONA!!!!! We want to win that game every year. We can go 0-11 but that one is personal. Off the record If I go 0-11 I don't think the University would let me coach that game. ASU gets all the ballers and the best looking coeds in the country. The Pussies get all the rednecks and our left overs!
    Coach York proceded to drop the Mic as he said and walked off stage left!!!

The South: At a Glance

The south has had some huge surprises thus far this season.

Utah: 4-0 (1-0)
    Arizona: 4-0 (1-0)
    UCLA: 3-0 (0-0)
    USC: 3-1(1-1)
    Colorado: 3-1 (0-1)
    Arizona St.: 1-3 (0-2)

Notable South Match-Ups

[​IMG] [​IMG]

USC trumps Arizona State 31-7.

Notable Upcoming South Match-Ups

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Stars of the South

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Looking good so far! Excited to see the rest of the puzzle.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Updated

• Like Like x 1
  4. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Was hoping to find some usual information I could use against ASU, but mcyork kept his answers pretty close to the vest. This is great work LeGeNd RiPs , fun read too.