PAC 12 Spotlight

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by publik drunk, Oct 17, 2013.

1. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Each week here on the PAC 12 Spotlight we will be spotlighting a team, player, unit, or doing a star watch in the league. For week 1 we will be doing a countdown of the 10 most influential players in the league.

#10 Deone Buchannon FS Wash St. 6'1" 192
    On paper there are better secondary players in the league, but what we love about this guy, he can do it all. He has a great frame for a safety and his 40 time wont dazzle you but he is definitely fast enough to get the job done. His coverage skills are second to none and while he wont light you up, his hit power is more than effective.

#9 Scott Crichton LE Oregon State 6'3" 263 jr.
    Crichton is a well versed DE with decent strength and great upside. Terrific technique and can really move for his size. If he progresses in the weight room could really turn into a monster for the Beavers.

#8 Colt Lyerla TE Oregon 6'5" 246 Jr.
    Probably the best player on the Ducks you may not have heard of. Is an absolute monster in the receiving game and will give his opponents fits with his speed at hands.

#7 Brett Hundley QB UCLA 6'3" 223 Soph.
    Hundley is already a pro prospect his sophomore year with his great decision making, ability to buy time and good throw power and accuracy. Look for him to make the Bruins a prime contender.

#6 Paul Richardson Wr Colorado 6'1" 170 Junior.
    If Paul Richardson played for almost any other team in the PAC 12 he would be a household name. Good speed and amazing hands and route running all Richardson lacks from being a superstar is a team behind him. Colorado has the opportunity to make some noise if he can stay healthy but he is a little on the slim side so that might be a problem.

#5 Ka'Deem Carey RB Arizona 5'10" 197 Junior
    Carey is an absolute superstar. Wether it is making his guy miss, running him over, or cutting it to the outside this man can do it all. Look for him to be the centerpiece in an explosive Wildcat offense.

#4 Austin Sefer-Jenkins TE Washington 6'6" 266 Junior
    By fae the best player with a hyphenated name in the country, Sefer-Jenkins lacks nothing from being a dynamic TE. The scary thing? The kids a true Junior. NFL scouts will be attending almost all of the Huskies games to see this kid play.

#3 Marqise Lee Wr USC 6'0" 195 Junior
    If it wasn't for Lane Kiffin this man could be #1. Regarded by man as the best wr coming into his sophomore season the Trojan offense disappointed not to the fault of Marqise. With
    a new coaching staff expect big things from this man this year.

#2 Taylor Hart RE Oregon 6'5" 292 Senior
    Remember when we talked about Duck players you never heard of? Hart is a freak of a defensive lin3man. Incredible size and strength with a grwat compliment of speed this man will be making plays in the back field all year long. We looked for a weakness and have still yet to find it.

#1 Anthony Barr ROLB UCLA 6'4" 235 Senior
    Wonder why the Giants are tanking this year?Look no further than this man. Looking at film thisvguy is a freak. Great speed pursuit block shedding there is nothing this man cannot do. By far receives my vote for preseason conference player of the year.

Honorable mentions: Ryan Hewitt FB, Dion Bailey Ss, Deandre Coleman DT, Will Sutton DT

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Wonderful read and great idea! Figured Oregon would have a handful names, but this made me realize just how much quality talent the conference possesses. Nice to see Layerla & Hart getting some love over the DeAnthony Thomas' and Marcus Mariota's of the world.

Nobody from your Stanford team made the list, but that's because they lack a truly elite stud. Couldn't think of one when I was trying to make your avatar so I checked out their roster. Despite the lack of an elite playmaker you squad has to be one of the deepest & most senior-laden teams in entire country. I love Stanford's not-so-sexy & tougher-than-you mentality. Would've been my second choice behind Oregon.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. publik drunk

Yeah my FB made Honorable mention. He is the besr overall prospec5 on my team. Reseaerching it I was really surpised at the players out there. I tried to stay away from video gsme ratings and look at attrivutes as a whole and for their position. Cal another example of a team with no one on the list but is a dangerous young team

• Like Like x 1
  4. publik drunk

This week on the PAC 12 Spotlight we will be taking an in depth look at University of Washington QB, and PAC12 Offensive player of the week Keith "Teeth" Price.

Keith Price first came onto the scene in 2010 filling in a couple of games for future NFL QB Jake Locker. The first action he seen was against the Ducks in which he completed only 50% of his passes but more importantly did not turn the ball over, which is as much as you can ask for from a redshirt freshman. He started the game versus USC and threw a TD pass on his very first attempt. Going into the 2011 season not much was expected from the Huskies, Jake Locker was a first round pick at QB and incoming Redshirt Sophmore Price still was not a household name. Price had an excellent season ranking 13th in pass efficiency and 7th in touchdownd leading the Huskies to the Alamo Bowl against RG III and the Baylor Bears. The game turned into an instant classic as the teams combined for 123 and Keith Price had 500 yards of total offense and 7 touchdowns. Still a relatively unknown before the game Price shot to the preseason Heisman watch for the 2012 season and gave Huskie fans true hope. 2012 was anything but impressive for Price and the Huskies as they struggled to build any momentum and it appeared Teeth Price had forgotten how to play football.

The 2013 Huskies are a team loaded with talent whosw biggest question mark is what to expect from the QB position. If week 1 is any indication, then Keith Price is back! The Senior completed 78% of his passes for 383 yards and 4 TD, in garnering PAC12 offensive player of the week honors. If Price can make these performances the norm, watchout for the Huskies 2013

• Like Like x 3
  5. IrishBearcat

Bucs and the Huskies getting some love!

I completely forgot about the Alamo Bowl with Baylor and Washington. Man that was such a crazy and fun game to watch. I <3 offense.

P.S. - what a sexy avatar you have! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Nice writup publik drunk
    I enjoy reading these.
    You think you could make me on of those avis with this pic :D[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. IrishBearcat

I don't want to get off-topic, so let's discuss it in the banter thread. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  8. publik drunk

Thanks man, I enjoy doing them. Its fun researching players and teans and remembering the history. I seen Keith Price was offensive player of the week and I remembered all the hype he had last year preseason. In fact I believe he was pretty highly rated in the NCAA 13 release. Thought it would make some good content

9. publik drunk

I remember that game vividly. One of my friends from Seattle lived here that year and we watched tgat game aided by alcoholic beverages. It was insane. I remember telling people his freshman year how good RG III was gonna be. He didnt throw a pic until his 8th or 9th start I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  10. IrishBearcat

A great game to be drinking with your buddy. If only you knew going in what was to come!

11. publik drunk

Yeah back in the good days when there was less children in the household. Also was highly intoxicated during the Fiesta Bowl against Boise. My drunk ass was like I dont want this game to end... then tge damn hook and latter happened the next play.. smh

12. publik drunk

This week on the PAC 12 Spotlight we are honored to be joined by Washington State head coach Hakeem Abdul whose team went in to the mighty Colosseum and defeated the USC Trojans 45-21. Thank you for your time coach Abdul, we will make this quick knowing you have your weekly press conference in a few minutes.

Who is Teondray Caldwell? Given the efficiency he had against Auburn did you see this performance coming?

Teondray Caldwell is the best RB in the nation! As my first game coaching WSU, it took me a while to implement the Texas Offense. I leaned towards passing alot in the first game which hurt me a lot in the Auburn game, luckily we were still able to pull out the W. I didn't see this performance coming from him, I knew he had it in him but didn't see it coming. I like what I see though and best believe, you will see more games like this from him.

What challenges have you faced converting from an Air raid offense to a more balanced spread? How far back do you believe this puts your program? In other words how dependant is your offense on certain player types?

Suprisingly, I haven't really had too many problems yet. I don't think it puts the program back, from how our season is going so far, I believe we are taking a step forward.

Washington State is a program without alot of history. Mike Price had a nice run here, but what can we expect frok your team. Whats your short term goals? Long Term?Short Term goals is to win the Pac-12 and a BCS bowl, in the future I hope to win a National Championship and raise my school to a 6 star school as well.

Your following a coach who was very outspoken and some would call a little strange, yet you seem quiet and knowledgeable, how have the players adjusted to your personality?

Easy, I'm only 19 , so I get along with the players very easily but at the same time, they give me the respect like I'm their Fathers. At WSU, we all get along.

Every team talks about a game they have had circled on the calendar. Was USC that team for you? If not who?

Na, not really. UCLA is the game I have circled on the Calendar. Me and that Coach have a brief history so I'm looking forward to that game.

Pullman isn't exactly a recruits dream city, how do you plan on getting recruits to come to WSU?

Well, first we gotta get our school rating, but our atmosphere is beautiful.Who wouldn't want to be at a place like this, and we have great Uniforms.

USC coach has publicly cited he was ashamed in their teams performance, will that bring bulletin board material next time you play?

I'll let my football teams play speak for me

• Like Like x 3
  13. publik drunk

Thank you to Ghost for some great feedback. There were some pictures in there but my phone waa bogged down and couldn't handle it and I haven't had my pc hooked up in monthd

• Like Like x 4
  14. IrishBearcat

Great job publik drunk & Ghost on the interview. Very good questions and some interesting answers as well. Sounds like UCLA v WSU could become a rivalry?

• Like Like x 2