Pace of this Offseason

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Pace of this Offseason

I think it is going to be critical to this league to have this offseason move at a brisker pace than last year. Since we are in the downtime for real football, we need to make sure we keep as many owners here as possible, and keep them active.

I suggest we set up a rigid schedule for the offseason and follow it, and hopefully get through in this amount of time. Here would be my suggestion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1: OMFL Bowl/Advance to Offseason
    Day 2-3: Retirements, Progression, Mandatory Cuts and new Cap Books updated
    Day 4-8: Blind Free Agency with new rules
    Day 9: Draft (see below)
    Day 10-13: Post Draft Free Agency/Trades
    Day 14: Season 3 Begins

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I think if we posted a schedule for the entire league to see and follow it will definately help.

For the DRAFT, I suggest going 5 rounds.....one round longr than last year. I think this will help alleviate the crazy rookie free agency we had after our draft last year and help guys fill their roster a bit more.

2 Weeks is a long time, but I think if we keep it fun on the forums people will stick around. Any longer than 2 weeks and I'd be afraid guys would start leaving.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Guys, whats goin on? What do you think of this???? Can I post this in the main forum?

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Seems like a good plan. I would like the draft to be sooner, but that is more a a personal preference. How are we doing the draft this year? I do not think we need the voice messenger this year. I think that was too confusing. I think just AIM would work well if we use it correctly.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

My suggestion to make it faster:
    Day 1: OMFL Bowl/Advance to Offseason
    Day 2-3: Retirements, Progression, Mandatory Cuts and new Cap Books updated
    Day 4-6: Blind Free Agency with new rules (flexible, due to draft day)
    Day 9: Draft (see below) (draft day should be either a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, so depending on when we advance from the OMFLBowl, this will have to be flexible, which will make the FA flexible. At the least 2 days. All depends on when we advance.
    Day 10: Post Draft Free Agency/Trades
    Day 11: Season 3 Begins

Last year it was pretty dead after the draft and guys were just ready to start playing. No 3 days to start. After the draft is done the games can start 24 hours later. They need to have their team ready BEFORE the draft.

I am ok with 5 rounds, but no more than that. I would much rather 4, but I can handle 5.

5. natedawg212000

BUMP! Let's get some input here fellas.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

I like the 5 round draft, and I like the scheudule you modified. I say lets go with what you have there!

7. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree with you both

8. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Looks great Dlap. I would rather do 4 rounds too, but I can do 5. I think the league should atleast be able to leave after 4 and have their fifth just randomly selected if they so choose, but they need to let us know they are leaving after their 4th round pick.

9. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Yeah, we have to get this up soon for owners to prepare, its fine with me, but the league isnt just us, post it soon and find out what everyone thinks!!!!

10. natedawg212000

ill do this in a bit