Packers 52 Eagles 38

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hulk_hagen_55, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

Packers 52 Eagles 38

will post recap after work tomorrow, promise. as it was an epic entrance to the OMFL(just as the hulk would want it, lol) and its 240am and have to get up soon. recap will come.

good game vishal

2. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

A win over the defending OMFL Champ! Great way to start the season Hulk.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

lottttttttttttsss of upsets this week so far

4. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Good Game Hulk , you earned the W, NFC North Better watch out, GoodLuck rest of the year Hulkster

5. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

Ok the game Recap. the packers didnt have trouble staying up for the 1am kickoff this game had, as they knew this was what they were waiting for, the first week of the OMFL, a chance to knock off top ranked Vishal and announce their official arrival to the league. and that is exactly what they did, albeit a very hard fought game till the very end.

it started with a drive by the pack that stalled fairly early, and ended in a punt.
    Eagles got the ball, and not ready for the style of pressure the packers bring, proceded to throw a TD.. to FS Collins. the eagles after they got the ball back scored almost instantly.
    and of course will blackmon then returned the kickoff for a TD. and Packers K crosby was able to kick a 50 yard FG.

then what insued was the classic i score you score shootout.. all untill halfway through the 3rd quarter, down 28-31, when the packers decided to play lights out the rest of the way, changing up all their defensive tactics, and using a solid mix of run and pass to move the ball to score 28 unanswered points.
    the eagles, out of pride, was able to get the final score of the game. not that it mattered at that point.

all in all vishal is a great competitor, and has some very scary speed and weapons. what won this game for me was the run game and special teams.

and in my opinion, the top two performers of the game came from the eagles squad, in Kolb and Jackson. kolb threw for almost 500 yards, 200 of which went to deshean.

GG Man, and GL the rest of the way. i hope to meet you in the playoffs