1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Packers and Bears Go Down to the Wire

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by redlishus, Dec 7, 2012.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

The 4-0 Chicago Bears came in to Lambeau to face the 4-0 Green Bay Packers.

Green Bay strikes first in the first quarter as they sustain a nice drive but fizzle in the end and are forced to kick a 43 yard field goal for a 3-0 lead. The Packers defense would hold the Bears on their first drive and force a punt. Green Bay would sustain a nice long drive capped off by an Aaron Rodgers 4 yard TD run up the mid...BOOM! Rodgers is blasted at the one from a Bears defender and coughs up the ball. Bears recover at the once and momentum has completely shifted. Chicago proceeds to march 99 yards for a Hargrove 16 yard pass with 2:54 left in the second quarter for a 7-3 Chicago lead. On the next series for the Packers, Rodgers is quickly picked off. The bears would capitalize and Hill would punch it in from 4 yards out with 2:17 remaining. Sensing the game could be over (Chicago gets the second half kick) if they didn't score on this series, Rodgers quickly moves the ball downfield and finds Jermichael Finley for a 15 yard pass with 1:23 to go in the half, 10-14. The Bears start moving downfield on their drive to end the first half but Morgan Burnett lays the wood and forces a fumble that is recovered by Green Bay. Rodgers capitalizes on his opportunity and finds rookie sensation Steven Amber for a 40 yard td with 31 ticks left on the clock, 17-14. Bears miraculously move the ball down the field in under 30 seconds and Forte's 2 yard run with 6 seconds to go in the half puts the Bears back on top, 21-17. Both defenses would recover in the second and scoring would be a lot less.

Aaron Rodgers once again finds Steven Amber, who out jumps the defender, for 54 yards which puts the Pack back up, 24-21 near the end of the third. The Bears would go on an epic drive as they churn over 5 minutes off the clock. Sensing the end could be near, Green Bay starts using their timeouts before the 2 minute warning to preserve some time for their offense. Chicago would get down to the 4 yard line but Green Bay's defense stiffens and forces the game tying FG with under 2 minutes to go. 24-24. Green Bay would move the ball once again. Chicago would start using their timeouts to save some clock. However, Aaron Rodgers would find Greg Jennings for a first down at the Chicago 6 yard line with just a tad over 30 seconds to go. Chicago still had 2 timeouts and immediately used one. Instead of trying to score a TD, Green Bay kneeled the ball to the run clock. A Mason Crosby 23 yard FG as time expired was the difference, 27-24.

After 3 straight games decided under a minute to go in the game, Green Bay welcomes the upcoming bye week.

Hell of a game ferocious

See you in Chi-town!

• Like Like x 5
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

WTF will you lose??!! lol

jk, congrats on another win

• Like Like x 1
  3. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Great Game Troy, (y) I just hope I can have a complete team next time we meet. The loss of my two starting WR's was felt on this game, and will continue to be felt for the next 4-6 weeks:eek: . But none the less great game. Once again you got the ball in the last minutes of a game and comeback and win it. :(

• Like Like x 2
  4. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I just want to scrim 1 to see how bad I lose. This guy's lost once throughtout this whole thing?? Or not at all?!?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Trade me Djax and you will see him lose in our next meeting!!! LOL:D Guaranteed!!! Or Your money back!!!:p

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  6. redlishus

Twice. (y)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  7. redlishus

Why would Djax be loose? Laxatives??? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Daam grammar police got me again. I hate you even more now Troy!!! ;) LOL