Packers and Bears Go Down to the Wire

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by redlishus, Dec 7, 2012.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

The 4-0 Chicago Bears came in to Lambeau to face the 4-0 Green Bay Packers.

Green Bay strikes first in the first quarter as they sustain a nice drive but fizzle in the end and are forced to kick a 43 yard field goal for a 3-0 lead. The Packers defense would hold the Bears on their first drive and force a punt. Green Bay would sustain a nice long drive capped off by an Aaron Rodgers 4 yard TD run up the mid...BOOM! Rodgers is blasted at the one from a Bears defender and coughs up the ball. Bears recover at the once and momentum has completely shifted. Chicago proceeds to march 99 yards for a Hargrove 16 yard pass with 2:54 left in the second quarter for a 7-3 Chicago lead. On the next series for the Packers, Rodgers is quickly picked off. The bears would capitalize and Hill would punch it in from 4 yards out with 2:17 remaining. Sensing the game could be over (Chicago gets the second half kick) if they didn't score on this series, Rodgers quickly moves the ball downfield and finds Jermichael Finley for a 15 yard pass with 1:23 to go in the half, 10-14. The Bears start moving downfield on their drive to end the first half but Morgan Burnett lays the wood and forces a fumble that is recovered by Green Bay. Rodgers capitalizes on his opportunity and finds rookie sensation Steven Amber for a 40 yard td with 31 ticks left on the clock, 17-14. Bears miraculously move the ball down the field in under 30 seconds and Forte's 2 yard run with 6 seconds to go in the half puts the Bears back on top, 21-17. Both defenses would recover in the second and scoring would be a lot less.

Aaron Rodgers once again finds Steven Amber, who out jumps the defender, for 54 yards which puts the Pack back up, 24-21 near the end of the third. The Bears would go on an epic drive as they churn over 5 minutes off the clock. Sensing the end could be near, Green Bay starts using their timeouts before the 2 minute warning to preserve some time for their offense. Chicago would get down to the 4 yard line but Green Bay's defense stiffens and forces the game tying FG with under 2 minutes to go. 24-24. Green Bay would move the ball once again. Chicago would start using their timeouts to save some clock. However, Aaron Rodgers would find Greg Jennings for a first down at the Chicago 6 yard line with just a tad over 30 seconds to go. Chicago still had 2 timeouts and immediately used one. Instead of trying to score a TD, Green Bay kneeled the ball to the run clock. A Mason Crosby 23 yard FG as time expired was the difference, 27-24.

After 3 straight games decided under a minute to go in the game, Green Bay welcomes the upcoming bye week.

Hell of a game ferocious

See you in Chi-town!

• Like Like x 5
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

WTF will you lose??!! lol

jk, congrats on another win

• Like Like x 1
  3. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Great Game Troy, (y) I just hope I can have a complete team next time we meet. The loss of my two starting WR's was felt on this game, and will continue to be felt for the next 4-6 weeks:eek: . But none the less great game. Once again you got the ball in the last minutes of a game and comeback and win it. :(

• Like Like x 2
  4. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I just want to scrim 1 to see how bad I lose. This guy's lost once throughtout this whole thing?? Or not at all?!?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Trade me Djax and you will see him lose in our next meeting!!! LOL:D Guaranteed!!! Or Your money back!!!:p

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  6. redlishus

Twice. (y)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  7. redlishus

Why would Djax be loose? Laxatives??? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Daam grammar police got me again. I hate you even more now Troy!!! ;) LOL