Packers and Colts issue

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 27, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Here is what I was sent from NDColts (current packers owner):
    I know the rules and understand them and respect them fully. I am sending this as a plea more or less. I really want my Colts there are alot of reasons why. I am probably the biggest Colts fan in the world. My son is named Colt James after the team and he was born when edge was still there when he was born. My daughter is named Peyton of course named after Peyton Manning and yes they even share the same birthday. I have a horseshoe tattoo'd on both arms. This isnt like just changing teams because one comes open. I am dedicated to taking and committing to this league for the long run no matter what. Including next year and seasons on. If i can figure out how to photo shop i will be doing something different to add content. I just havent figured it out yet. Only reason i went to the Packers is because Jeremy was given the Colts and was told no chance of me getting them with the rules. Jeremy asked me the other day if i would be willing to switch because he knew how badly i wanted to take and own my Colts. No matter what no hard feelings and noway am i going to leave if i dont get them. I just figured i would send a message explaining everything. Thanks for reading this

What do you guys think?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

An owner who gets "his" team is 1000% more likely to stay, and ND is already locked into this league loyalty wise.

I personally think I suggested this in blast chat, but if two owners prove their loyalty to the league, but have used their switches, the owners should be allowed to switch if one of them is a diehard fan of a team and both owners have no black marks.

ND is a loyal member to the league. Jeremy is co-commish. Let ND have his Colts, and Jeremy can be Packers.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Can you get on AIM Nate?

4. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Honestly I feel for the guy but this really can open up a can of worms here, in particular because he has not even been back in the league that long and we would have to cater to others. I am a Miami Dolphin fan since forever and a Philadelphia Eagles season ticket holder I would never request to be either one of those teams. That is why someone can play GM of their team at home in their own franny, sorry if that was rough but seriously there are more important things in life then being your own team in a league full of fans of the NFL if we cater to one 31 others could make the case as well. Just my opinion I would never say no if you guys did allow him to be his team.

5. Jeremy

I am staying in Indy. I never approached him to swap. We just talked about how it was a shame that we had used our swaps. I am not above the rules. I agreed to the limit on team swaps and I am not about to try and bend that rule now.

We can swap for Madden 12.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If the person who caused the Jeremy Rule to exist says it, then it must be done.

7. natedawg212000

If you both talk and want to swap, I'll allow it. If not then thats fine.

8. Jeremy

After talking to James more, I am convinced I SHOULD swap even though I really dont think its a good idea. We would not be doing the right thing by not allowing a guy whom names his kids after a team to not play with that team.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Honestly, I am game for any owner swapping IF both owners are in good standing and one of them is a fan of the team being swapped to. Also if both owners want the swap obviously.

I really think the one team swap rule is tremendously ridiculous anyway as limited as it is. I honestly think we should allow 3. Three strikes and you're out in baseball. 3 teams and you are done in madden.

It's not horrible, it isn't crazy, and I am aware that it is EXACTLY what Jeremy did last year. I didn't mind the switching. I know it drives other owners crazy. Especially owners that stick with one team throughout the history of the game (kudos to those that do, by the way).

Or, at the very least, compromise at 2 switches per Madden.

10. natedawg212000

looks like this will happen, which I think is a great thing.

11. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I would be 100% in support of this switch.

Dunn, didn't know you were a Dolphins fan - me too. I will say, I play Madden much better when I'm NOT using the Dolphins. It's weird - maybe I try too much to play like them in real life instead of playing my game.

12. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

well sense this thread is already started about swappin when u have already swapped. I am a big time packers fan and have talked to Jeremy about swappin for he would get the vikings and i would get the packers.. i just want to make sure everyone would be ok even tho Jeremy is a swappin hor it seems lol

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I am always a fan of giving a guy his favorite team when we can. Some of us are shit out of luck, as we are Saints fans, and Nate ain't going anywhere....lol

So getting Jeremy the Vikings is just like giving him the Packers, in my opinion. No big difference to him and makes a difference to an owner in the league to get "his" team.

14. Jeremy

i guess you didnt get my AIM pms but Kevin I think it would be better if we stay put. Rumors are you have already agreed to a huge trade and I have already promised Packers 1st round pick away, as much as I would love to give you your fav team I just dont know if it would be the RIGHT thing to do.

15. natedawg212000

i think whatever needs to be done to get guys their favorite team, its the best for the league. the offseason hasn't started, barely the playoffs so deals shouldn't be in place.

16. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

it is up to u guys it doesnt matter to me it is just a game to me

17. Jeremy

If the other party involved in the Vikes deal is OK with this trade being pulled off the table I am ok with switching.

18. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I'm ok with it. sniffle

19. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Seems like a good idea to me. Both owners are good ones and one get a favorite team Jeremy just wanders from team to team.

Maybe someday he will have owned / played with every franchise.

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, in fairness, Jeremy is actually going home again. He started with Minnesota in Madden 10.

21. Jeremy

Maybe TF will give me a trophy for that!!!