Packers Defense Returns in the Snow

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by redlishus, Nov 6, 2012.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

The last few weeks of the regular season saw the Packers defense go from stout to sieve. Coming into this matchup, especially with the lengthy layoff, the Packers brass were concerned facing a very hot 49er team. Fortunately for the Packers, they were playing in their element. Blizzard like conditions that neither team had played in all year.

9ers won the toss and elected to kick off. The Packers had a good drive going but a rare Rodgers interception stalled the drive. The Packers defense picked up the offense however. The next 49er series, Alex Smith found a wide open Tramon Williams who took it back for the score and an early 7-0 Packer lead. Both defenses were tough in this game that saw receivers slipping and falling as they would make their cuts. The Packers stormed out to a 17-0 lead on the back of their defense.

The 49ers would fight back getting the score within 10, but 6 Alex Smith interceptions were just too much to overcome. On the day, the Packers forced 7 turnovers.

GG Jon

• Like Like x 5
  2. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Was a great game Troy..we couldnt make the necessary plays to stand a chance this game..we couldnt run without fumbling or getting stuffed on 1st and 2nd down..couldnt throw (6 ints) and wr's missing key 3rd down catches (clearing throat) MOSS...other wr's wearing the wrong cleats slipping and tripping up all over the place..and missed opportunities on defense to make game changing plays. The snow was fun..at the least..I now have some experience in that type of weather:) Troy played a poised game and stayed under control as the Packers whooped ass and made the 49ers' exit the playoffs.

Good Luck with the rest of the playoffs!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Snow eh?

Troy, you sure you want to wear your green jerseys? I might be camouflage in the snow with my whites on. ;)

• Like Like x 1