Packers escape with a win at the Stick

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dakota7, Feb 24, 2013.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Packers 23
    Niners 20 OT

Green Bay escaped San Francisco with a narrow overtime victory. The game saw only 1 offensive touchdown, a 5 yard touchdown pass to WR Randall Cobb with a minute left to tie the game at 20. The scoring started early, as HB Blake Unsell coughed it up on the Pack's 4th play from scrimmage and Justin Smith returned it about 35 yards for the touchdown. The Pack responded with a long drive that yielded only a field goal. On San Fran's next possession, Colin Kapernick threw a pick 6 to Clay Matthews and the Pack led 10-7. The Niners were able to add a field goal to tie it up before half. Neither team scored in the third, but the Packers took the lead early in the fourth with a field goal. San Francisco responded with a field goal to tie it up again. Aaron Rodgers threw his first pick on the next possession, as he was late to Jordy Nelson and Carlos Rogers took it to the house for the go ahead score. Rodgers responded with a long drive, capped off with a fourth down pass to Cobb to tie it at 20. The Niners last ditch field goal attempt went wide left as time expired. San Fran won the toss in overtime, but was forced to punt. Rodgers moved his team to midfield, but 2 drops by Cobb killed the drive and the Pack punted it back. OLB Nick Perry was able to intercept an errant Kapernick pass and set Green Bay back up in field goal range. After a Jonathan Stewart first down, the Pack kicked the short field goal to get the win.

good game Boom29 Sucks to lose a game like that. I recorded the game and will try to post a highlight video. good luck this year, see ya in the playoffs :D

2. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Yes, good game. I don't know if my offense was just rusty or if I'm in for a long year. I wasn't really able to establish the running game against your Defense and I hurried a few throws. Good job holding me to FGs are the two big offensive plays I had. I should have been a bit more aggressive at the end of regulation, though the HB screen play should have worked but I got stuck on my blocker.

3. dakota7

My first attempt at editing a game, hopefully I get better.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

What a game! Clutch 4th and 2 dakota7. Tough FG miss by SF! Thanks for doing the work to post the video. It was cool to watch.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    What program/computer do u have?

6. dakota7

I just used the free download from el gato. I have no video editing experience, but I didn't really think it was that user friendly. Randiesel75 have you used the el gato editing software? What do you use hot rod?

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Oh ok. Yeah I'm not sure if there are really any good free softwares for the purpose of editing gameplay video. If you want to go the bootleg route, Sony Power Director is probably the best program on PC. I use a Mac and the program I use for my vids is Final Cut Pro which is probably the best I've used. FCP is very user friendly and I can usually make my highlight vids in less than 30 min.

8. dakota7

That was my first one, but it took me over 2 hours to do. Hopefully I get faster.

9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah you'll get the hang of it. I was the same way. The more you get familiar with the software the easier it gets.

10. dakota7

Yeah, I was expecting a learning curve. Just hope its a quick one...lol I have to figure out how to add music over it, if I even can.

11. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Ya, editing is such a chore, i use windows movie maker, very basic. When i add music and upload to youtube, i get a copyright notification, how do i get around that? So i just use the game sounds which is zzzzz

12. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    If you acknowledge the copyright in the video manager you should be able to use it. It basically to prevent people from monetizing their vids using copyrighted music.

13. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Is there like a setting to do that, or you just have to blurb something like "i dont own this music blah blah blah, this is owned by blah blah blah, i have no rights blah blah blah. "

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Does your video get uploaded or do you get a message before it goes through?

15. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Ive had it upload and an hour later i get a notice from google and then they would silence certain parts of the video which is copyrighted which is odd since the whole song is the same song.

So it did upload, but messages after and also a mute of parts of the video.

16. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Hmm, do you seen any type of link associated to the copyright in your video manager screen under the vid in question?

17. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

THis was a few months ago, i eventually deleted the video. So not sure.

Straight upload no details, no description, uplaoded in gaming section. That was it.