Packers GameDay

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Packers GameDay

Schedule with me here.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 1:

Green Bay 48

Philly 38

This game was a shootout throughout the whole thing. Rodgers and Kolb were smoking the defenses but Green Bay's defensive turnovers is what won them the game. Ryan Grant also had a good day with 3 TD's (2 Rushing, 1 Receiving). The Pack ended with 3 receivers with over 100 yards. It was a great game to start the season as Green Bay went up by 10 in the 3rd and ended up being down by 4 only to make a comeback. This is the type of game I like.

Stats

A. Rodgers 28/43, 442yds, 4 TDs

R. Grant 18 Att, 97 yds, 2 TDs, 3 Rec, 29 yds, TD

G. Jennings 6 Rec, 122 yds

J. Jones 7 Rec, 101 yds, TD

J. Finley 6 Rec, 119 yds, TD

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Green Bay 42

Buffalo 40

Boy this game was anything but defense. Parrish took not one but two kicks back on the day one for 100yds and the other for 99yds. Aaron Rodgers dominated the air with 500 yards passing, Driver and Jennings each had over 150 yds receiving. Grant had an ok day with 85yds and a score. Buffalo kept it interesting but back to the user matchups in Week 3.

4. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

cpu running kicks back for TDs... huh.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Packers 31

Lions 24

This one was a good game, JC held Grant to only 24 yards but could do nothing to slow down the Lions passing game. Stafford had alot of yards but no TDs and a pair of picks. Jahvid Best had a great game, his long TD run was nasty, evaded damn near everyone of my defenders.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Packers 29

Redskins 40

This game was frustrating, I could not stop Clinton Portis at all, he ran for over 200 yards on 17 carries, including two big runs where my linebackers just slid off of him. Aaron Rodgers put up big numbers again today but was ineffective in the second half as he threw 2 picks that probably lead to Washingon winning. Jordy Nelson was the leading receiver today, only touching to ball 3 times but took it for more than 100 yards and a score, I like this receiver, he had a knack for getting open and making a play. Donovan McNabb seems to be a good fit for Washington as he made good passes but was unable to throw a score (only a pair of INTs), he also rushed in a TD. His rushing TD was almost a sack but he slipped out of it and took off before Poppinga could get back on his feet. Speaking of run games, our was ineffective today, after the lost fumble I pretty much abandoned it (probably should have abadoned the pass as well with the 4 INTs Rodgers threw). Washingtons defense held strong the whole second half letting Green Bay march up the field before holding strong.

Packers are now 3-2 and head back to Lambeau Week 6 for a matchup against Miami.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Packers 27

Dolphins 31

HB broke the plane with 30 sec left but the refs say no. Screw no challenges after 2 min, booth didn't rfeview and Green Bay gets screwed.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Packers 46

Vikings 49

I could NOT stop AP to save my life today as he broke his old record by getting over 300 yards rushing. Only Aaron Rodgers, Donald Driver and Greg Jennings would keep us in the game, Ryan Grant could hardly get past the defenders, although he did get some crucial yards for us near the end of the game. It came down to an 8 point deficit with 20 seconds left when Rodgers would throw a 15 yd TD to a wide open Donald Driver. Not relying on Grant, Rodgers threw a pass to FB Hall in the flats who would trot into the endzone tying the game with no time left in regulation. AP would struggle in overtime, nearly coughing the ball up. Ryan Longwell would make the 44 yard field goal to win and send Green Bay into a frenzy. Aaron Rodgers was one TD away from breaking the single game TD record. Greg Jennings was hardly ever covered the whole game, earning 250 yards receiving on just 6 catches, either that or he just dominated the crappy Minnesota corners. And yes I did try to spread the ball around but no one else was able to break away like Jennings.

Stats

A. Rodgers 19/44, 498 yds, 6 TD, 0 INT

R. Grant 15 Att, 67 yds

G. Jennings 6 Rec, 250 yds, 3 TD (87 yd long)

B. Jones 10 Tackles, 1 INT

Sidenote: Favre only threw 1 TD and 2 INT's, he seemed to favor Berrien (8 receptions) for anyone who may play them in the future.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Packers. 35

Cowboys 24

Dallas would go up 24-14 and would never see the endzone again as Green Bay would play tough D and have a powerful offense. Charles Woodson would record two crucial INTs to prevent Dallas from making a comeback. Packers get back on the winning track and are 4-5.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Packers 41

Vikings 17

After a resting Bye week the Packers traveled to the Metrodome and came to play. They nullified Brett Favre by forcing 5 interceptions and 0 touchdowns. Adrian Peterson was responsible for both TDs today but was not a big factor like he was earlier in the season. Each INT would come from a different person in the secondary. Williams, Collins, Underwood, Woodson and Harris would all find themselves forcing a turnover. Favre almost lost a fumble as well when Poppinga sacked him but the offense would recover it. The Rodgers-Jennings show was highly effective today as Rodgers threw 2 TDs to Jennings. Kick returner Blackmon would return a kick 99 yards for a TD, only to get injured on the next return for 10 weeks, recently aquired Logan will have to step up. This adds to the list of devastating injuries the Packers have seen (Tauscher out for season with broken fibia and Finley 8 weeks).

Pack are back up to .500 and travel down South to face Coach Riptide and the Falcons.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Packers 49

Patriots 38

For 3 quarters Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Lawrence Maroney and Randy Moss made my life a living hell. Brady took sacks but would get right back up and throw a 25 yard pass. He would get hit 6 times on the day but that never bothered him until near the end of the 4th quarter. Green Bay missed a PAT and an extra point and a 2 point conversion that would have tied the game at 14 to go down 12-24 at the half. The 3rd quarter was much of the same but Ryan Grant would lead a good TD drive after You was knocked out and Matt Flynn couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Suddenly the defense woke up and forced the Patriots to punt twice and forced a turnover. Backup QB You looked as good as Rodgers in the 4th as he threw 3 touchdowns, two that were 80+ yards to wide open receivers (defense showed blitz both times). Only up 41-38 the Patriots got the ball with exactly one minute left when Brady got hit on the throw and Al Harris was there to take it to the house, sealing the Packers comeback victory.

Coach Masler comments on the game: "I thought we lost the game but the defense made some good stops in the 4th quarter and when you can score in one play on two drives, the momentum of the game shifts. Today it shifted in our favor. The Patriots played well for most of the game but we were able to mount a late comeback. I definetely do not regret picking up You as our back up QB as he fills the shoes great. I also do not regret the trade with Pittsburgh, Logan is proving himself."

Stats

R. You 19/39, 486 yds, 4 TD

D. Driver 5 Rec, 107 yds, TD

G. Jennings 5 Rec, 74 yds, TD, 1 PR, 86 PR yds, 1 PR-TD

S. Logan 4 Rec, 126 yds, TD

J. Nelson 2 Rec, 114 yds, TD

R. Grant 10 Car, 54 yds, TD, 2 pt conversion