Packers get wins in week 8 and week 9 division battles

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CSteud, Feb 16, 2014.

1. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Week 8 vs Chicago

Back and forth game that went down to the wire. After Chicago took the lead midway into the final quarter Aaron Rodgers heaved up a bomb to Randall Cobb who beat the corner deep. Cobb grabbed the pass and took it 80 yards for the game winning score. Drew Brees threw his 5th interception as he attempted to lead the Bears to victory on the final drive of the game but Shadi Afo sealed the 24-21 Green Bay win with his 2nd interception of the game. Safety Jerron McMillian was player of the game with 8 tackles and 3 ints.

Week 9 vs Detroit

Another game that was back and forth till the very end. Eddie Lacy and Aaron Rodgers both had TD runs in the first half giving the Packers the lead 17-10 at halftime. After QB Matt Stafford was injured back up QB Joyner and Megatron connected on a short TD pass that tied the game in the 3rd quarter. Just into the 4th quarter Aaron Rodgers hit Harry Douglas between the zone coverage and Douglas scored what turned out to be the game winning TD from 39 yards out. Stafford returned only to throw an Int late in the game allowing the Packers to kneel for the win, 24-17.

GG to both of you
    Zikry
    heathh

• Like Like x 2
  2. heathh

heathh Walk On

GG man. Good luck the rest of the way!

See ya soon!

3. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Chicago never had the lead :) You were up 3 and that Cobb TD put you up 10. GG

4. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

My Bad, my memory is horrible when it comes to these things. Waiting this long for the game report didn't help either.

5. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

No problem, it was off an INT when I was driving and first play after was the bomb. GL rest of the way