Packers Squeak by Dominant 49ers D

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by redlishus, Dec 11, 2012.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

I'm going to keep it short and sweet because I'm tiring of writing these... (y)

Rain soaked Lambeau saw these two NFC powerhouses collide. The Packers get on the board first, as Aaron Rodgers methodically moved the team down the field. He would finish the drive off with a 6 yard run. San Francisco would take advantage of a rare Rodgers interception and Frank Gore would punch it in from 5 yards out to finish the scoring in the first quarter. Second quarter would see the Packers take advantage of a muff point and Finley would catch a 2 yard pass for the score. Under 2 minutes to go, Rodgers would find Finley from 13 to put Green Bay up 21-7.

Second half was all 9ers. Defensive stand after defensive stand. Finally in the 4th, Williams would find TE Walker over the middle for a 2 yard score. That play was set up by a defensive pass interference at the 2 that negated a Morgan Brunett interception. Tramon Williams would pick off Williams late in the game to stymie the 9ers final drive.

Green Bay would muster about 50 yards of total offense the rest of the way, but 20 of those came on their final drive to run out the clock.

GG Warhawk AKA dreadman

• Like Like x 5
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

what can I say...it was a great game...neither one of my QB's showed up for this one as Williams was hurt and Alex Smith was called upon and couldnt get the job done....Williams came back in and still couldnt adjust. Packers defense played just as good as the 49er's as both teams had multiple sacks on the day. I thought I was going to get my hands on an int. on the 1st play of the game as Rogers dropped back and somehow drilled the ball in to his guy and my LB couldnt make the play...it had pick written all over it..but it didnt happen...on the same drive...my CB was in great position to get a pick but couldnt make the play. The muffed fumble by Tedd Ginn hurt..which set up great field postion for the Pack...we felt we had something going offensively the drive before we made the Packers punt.

We said that we had to be able to get the Packers off the field on 3rd downs...and we did just that in the 2nd half, but were unable to do anything offensively! So KUDOS to the Packs defense for that..

I enjoyed the match though..was a great battle!!!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 4