Panthers and Facons Down the Wire

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Michael Overman, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Jul 31, 2012

The Panthers and Falcons have enjoyed a great tradition of close and hard fought battles. This contest was no different. This division contest ended with an ever so winning margin by the Atlanta Falcons...a wopping 1 point. It is actually not possible to win by less in the NFL. The Falcons notch their 2nd win and defeat the Panthers who played admirably.

Great Game CSteud

Game notes:
    -Both teams did a good job of mixing the rush and one point I saw a graphic that had both teams at near 50%
    -Props to CSteud who turned down a roughing the passer penalty on me, after I had two in the prior quarter
    -FSU CAR WR Benjamin has amazing hands and gobbled up all the passes his way it seemed...that kid is a star
    -Julio Jones was held to 4 catches...but two were big ones as he had a deep TD on the left and right side of the field with no little to no safety help
    -The difference in the game was Cam's 4 INT's and Big Ben having 0 INT's
    -I think LB Kuechly is possible the best defender in Madden...he was everywhere...and hitting my Falcons hard as *uck​

This game came down to an Extra Point Conversion!! CSteud was down by a TD with very minimal time left in the game...and drove right down the field and scored a TD, as time was near expired. They say that if you are on the very often is the best move to go for the 2 points and the win on the conversion rather then starting up an OT...on the road in the dome. The Panthers made the call to take the win and secure their own fate. The call was a short pass to the right...which was defended and landed on the ground. Such a close close game.

Falcons win by 1.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Jul 22, 2010
    Normally i would of kicked the extra point but sitting at 0-6 I figured wtf and went for the 2. Horrible decision on the pass by me but hindsight's always 20/20 as they say. Penalties are crazy sometimes and I try to use my best judgement when accepting or not. I think I accepted two and turned two down. I really don't like accepting RTP calls at all..

Great Game Michael can't wait to do it again!

Michael Overman
    • Like Like x 2