Panthers and raiders

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by JoHud, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

Raiders get RT J Otah OVR 90

Panthers get

QB jason Campbell OVR 82
    WR Jacoby Ford OVR 72
    LT M Henderson OVR 80

@Keller

2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I agree to the terms lol

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

4. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

How is a 27 year old OT worth a starting QB, a Starting replacement older tackle AND a 3rd/4th WR???????? NO. I feel like these are just getting worse.

Panthers need to add a player.

@TEClemson53
    @JoHud
    @Keller

5. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

@TEClemson53
    @JoHud
    @Keller
    @seachicken

It's funny, keller thought the deal was slanted towards me! So do those balance out?

6. Keller

I think Otah is worth a whole lot - a whole lot. Just 26yrs old, 90ovr, A potential.

Please include the players ages and contracts.

7. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

I know Campbell is 30, and his contract is up this season.

Ford is 26
    Henderson is 29

I cant access the contracts from work cause for some reason they block google docs here.

8. ChickenOfTheSea

I don't disagree with Keller, But from a salary and realism perspective, no team trades 3 starters for 1. I dont disagree that its a somewhat unrelated trade and Otah is a stud, but 3-1 is no good for me.

9. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I'll talk to JoHud and see what I can add

damn JoHud we play week 2 bro & damn I have 10 pVp games, including the all mighty Dallas

10. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

@Seachicken3

Revised

Raiders get

RT J Otah OVR 90
    WR D Thomas OVR 75

Panthers get

QB jason Campbell OVR 82
    WR Jacoby Ford OVR 72
    LT M Henderson OVR 80

11. Keller

My issue is just that Otah is a stud and the Panthers aren't getting anything back like that in return. 26yrs old A potential tackle. The Raiders aren't giving up an A potential player at all they're just trading backups.

12. ChickenOfTheSea

I'll give it a YES, @Keller I agree that Otah is a stud, but its a PVP trade, and there is a QB involved also Otah is only a 90 atm, He will get better but hes not a Skill position.

13. Keller

I will defer to @rushers24 I'm seriously on the fence. Rush, your decision makes or breaks the trade.

14. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

Panthers get a starting QB and a WR he has been messaging me weekly about. He also gets a replacement for the guy he is losing. I understand and respect the concept of keeping an eye on trades, and think CPU trades should always end with the CPU getting the better end of the deal. But this is not a far fetched power tipping move, and its a user - user trade.

We both are filling holes. And hes filling a hole at the most position in football.

15. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

There sure is alot of trading going on. At this rate by next week when the season starts every team is going to look completely different.

I know both teams are getting players they need, but Otah's value is not matched in the trade. Otah is a premier RT in the league. Three decent players do not equal a 26 year old stud OL. The Raiders are not giving up a A potential player, and are getting rid of players buried on their depth chart. In order to get something that good, you gotta give up something that good, and trading B potential non starters for a A potential starter doesn't quite add up. I'm going to have to decline.

16. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

I guess it is what it is. tell me this... how do 2 players rated below 77 OVR each get traded for one of the more elite defensive ends in the game?
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/vikings-and-jaguars-trade.46055/

Granted Parris has future potential, but that doesnt change the fact he's a 77 OVR 2nd round pick. The FS doesn't look that impressive either, and at his age with even an A potential he is not going to progress much.

So 2, 77 OVR players (1 qb, 1 FS) for a 31 Jarred allen 94OVR. One of the best defensive linemen in the game?

Now I know why they made this trade, but I have no idea how the heck it got approved. Because that trade seems infinatly more lopsided than ours. Yea he is giving up a RT stud, but he is getting a starting QB and volume. Not to mention probably the most dangerous special teams guy in the league.

On top of that the fact that Seachicken has the exact oppisite view on this trade.

What are you guys basing these things on? Because the above trade for Allen is about as far from reality as you can get. As a matter of fact here is what the vikings traded to get Allen http://bleacherreport.com/articles/19335-nfl-trade-jared-allen-to-minnesota-vikings
    (17th overall pick, 2- 3rd rouind picks, and upgraded 6th round pick)

@TEClemson53
    @JoHud
    @Keller
    @rushers24

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya I didnt want to do it @JoHud, but I couldnt get Dougherty and was stuck with 2 elite DE's. I didnt want Jordan either when I drafted him, but had to make a panic button grab the best guy move... I did hate giving up Allen like that though, I wanted to get the good OLB the Jags were offering up to me before the draft.

18. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Well, I wasn't called upon on that trade so I didn't have any say on it. But, despite Parris being a 77 overall rookie, he's still a franchise A potential QB. The Jags need a good young QB. Allen is 94 overall, but he's also 30 and will be regressing.

The difference in this trade from yours is that both teams are getting a A potential player. Allen is no longer in his prime, and after a few season and some regressing, both him and Parris will be about the same rating, and Parris will eventually pass him. But, Allen is still one of the best defensive players in the league. I would of have to look at it more closely.

In your trade you were getting a A pot RT in his prime. None of the players you were giving up will ever be anywhere close to being as good as Otah is right now.

19. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

How else do you suppose to improve your team? I want to my team to be ''my team'' from roster moves to play style, if we didnt make any trades there would be no excitement for the upcoming season because everyone still has the same players. I like the fact that the league has been ""shook'' up via trades. Every one is not as lucky as you to play with their favorite team.

my 2 cents.

20. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

@TEClemson53
    @JoHud
    @Keller
    @rushers24

What you say is true Rusher, but we have maybe 3 seasons left? Allen will probably still be 90ish unless his production dives, and the QB will probably be approaching 90.

I also agree you have to evaluate the age and potential, but how come nothing in your equation addresses the year we are about to play?

Otah is slow, and clemson53 looks to be wanting to load up on WRs for a passing attack and wants a faster RT. Not to mention this gives Clemson a starting QB that will probably sit or maybey even improve a little. He also gets Jacoby Ford who is really undervalued. So the Panthers this year improve, and from there perspective maybe move more towards a diff type of OT. So he is able to use is good RT to improve multiple positions. This move will improve his team without a doubt. He is sacrificing 1 young player for several others. Fills a need at QB, and gets a guy he wants in Ford. While getting a replacement for his OT that is better than anything in FA.

Young potential is good, but you have to evaluate the current year as well. Bottom line this trade makes both our teams better for 2012. How can you say it doesn't?

21. ChickenOfTheSea

Its all subjective, its going to be, the controversy is what makes us play harder, and be involved. Love all the activity. Even the Trade Committee is not in lockstep, no one gets a free pass. Also I personally feel that PVP trades should respect the owners involved more. whereas Computer Teams have to be protected. I dont see the value in Otah that Keller and Rush do, its that simple. As far as Andrew Parris the 77 2nd round QB...........hes the only guy in that draft that will hit 99 if he is played for long enough. He has the highest potential meter of any player in the draft. and is an A. That makes him worth a lot. Jared Allen costs $9 a year, and is old and doesnt play in Madden like he does IRL. Plus his team had ample backups.

Keller might have a different perspective for why he approved it that is mine. its not a perfect system, you win some, lose some. way it goes.

22. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

Where does the subjectivity stop? I made a trade and was then working other trades to get value for my QB. I have heard nothing but QB value is higher. Found a team, he want's Ford bad, we come to terms on a deal we both like, he gets ford and Fills a important spot at QB. Both our teams improve. The two people that approve are split on if it is a fair deal.

That right there shows it is not a land slide either way. At worse its a good deal for both owners, and based on what the judges value in players ratings, potential, and things they know that I dont even know (A.Parris...hes the only guy in that draft that will hit 99 if he is played for long enough).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.