Panthers need to pick up a third round pick

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Psycho, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Panthers need to pick up a third round pick

After resigning Williams, Ellis, Kassem, Beason, Davis... the Panthers are left with shoving the rest down the toilet into the FA pool for everyone else.

Because of that, the Panthers will need plan B's... or C's, so I'm throwing out the "what would it cost me?" to everyone.

This is most likely pick for picks kind of deal, the only guys I can afford to get rid of and still have a Super Bowl contending team, are old guys with one year left on their contacts that I'm paying way to much for... I'm looking right at you Peppers.

Anyways, any proposals?

2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Jon Clayton reports:

Houston is willing to trade this years 3rd and 4th round picks plus next years 3rd round to the Panthers for their first round pick this year.

Mike Florio of profootballtalk.com reports:
    This deal could be potentially great for both teams.

3. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I'm not saying no.

It seems good, just scares me how bad my drafting has been outside of the first round...

I'm definitely leaning towards yes because I have my super stars, I just need some more supporting cast members.

4. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

f**k it, it's a deal.

Panthers Get:
    Houston's - 2014 - 3rd
    Houston's - 2014 - 4th
    Houston's - 2015 - 3rd

Texans Get:
    Carolina's - 2014 - 1st

God I hope this works out well... Clutch I may even have to change the trade to include that you have to give me some draft advice for those picks. :D

5. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I might have to offer some draft advice for some maybe some cash considerations for my salary cap. :cool:

6. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

You've got about as good of a shot at getting that, as I do of drafting decent guys in the third round without any help.