PARAGRAPHS!!! I LOVE THEM....

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by scarface, May 6, 2010.

1. scarface

scarface Walk On

PARAGRAPHS!!! I LOVE THEM....

Many people need help writing a paragraph. If you don't know how to write a paragraph, it can be a difficult thing to do. Here is a way to make it easier.

Getting started on your paragraph
    Before you start writing a paragraph, you need to decide two things. What are you writing about? What do you want to say? The purpose of any paragraph is to express an idea. Most paragraphs consist of a few related sentences.

You can write a successful paragraph by starting off with a plan. The key to doing a successful paragraph is to break down the writing into short, simple steps.

Subject of your paragraph
    Write down the subject of your paragraph. To express your subject, write only a word or phrase. Who or what are you writing about?

Pre-writing for your paragraph
    Begin by brainstorming. Brainstorming doesn't involve writing complete sentences or paragraphs. Brainstorming involves coming up with ideas using words or short phrases.

One popular way to to create pre-writing ideas is to ask yourself questions about your subject.
    Here are some questions you might ask yourself:
    What do I know about this subject? How does this subject relate to me? What do I like or dislike about this subject? What words best describe it?

2. gt86

gt86 Walk On

all i have to say to Mr English Major here is. If you don't like how I type up summaries don't read them. I don't write them to impress you or anyone else. I only do it because we're suppose to so I get through them a quick as I can without writing 2 or 3 sentences like some ( you ).

3. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Sadly, Scar wouldn't have been able to write that all out himself without copying / pasting it from somehwere.

4. scarface

scarface Walk On

Was not just for you GT, but Im glad you liked it.

5. scarface

scarface Walk On

I did copy and paste this but, I am quite sure I know how to write a paragraph.

I was a good student. It wasnt until after school I became so loved among the people.

6. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

You missed an apostrophe there grammar nazi, and the comma should be before "but" not after it.

I'm just saying is all...

7. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Some Cuban, who washed up on shore in a tire, is now going to teach us English.

And for my next trick, I, as an Italian, am going to teach all of you how to box. Lmao!!!

8. scarface

scarface Walk On

you are "canadien" which means you cant have an opinion about how to read or write english and you are limp wristed so I really wont listen to your advice.

9. scarface

scarface Walk On

O.K. ROCKO !!!! Robert stallone?

10. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Since we're going racial potluck here I guess with my Irish blood I'll teach you all how to drink.

11. Stykman

Now THAT'S Funny.:HoosierHoo:

12. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Not sure what my mut genes would teach anyone. Since I'm part German Jew, Irish, and Dutch lol

13. stealth

stealth Walk On

my guess is the 1 common bond between tham all must be a can of pringles:p:D

14. scarface

scarface Walk On

I would also add, they may be avid fans of Marlboro Reds and swords.

15. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Shows little you actually know about me

I Smoke Menthols :)

16. Stykman

Natural progression GT. I went from Reds to Menthol too. Now I'm smoke free for the last 2 1/2 years. Feels nice. Gotta try it some time.

And Stealth's post above gets my vote for Post O the Week!!! LMAO!!!

17. gt86

gt86 Walk On

i did for about 3 months and I was bouncing off the walls. I'm going to try again at some point with a e cig or chantrix

18. scarface

scarface Walk On

want to quit? then just stop...