Paranormal Activity 2

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by controllerabuser, Oct 30, 2010.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

That movie scared the hell outta me.

Never been that scared in my life.

Still had chills after dropping my brother off at home.

DAMNNNNNNN

2. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

so it was par with the first one???? oh, and saw 3d sucked major ballz, dont waste ur time

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

How can a movie be scary

4. controllerabuser

It was better than the 1st one, no doubt about it. Saw was bad? LMAO.. I was trying to sway my GF and brother to see that instead of PA2, glad we didn't.

5. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Seriously. I've been scared of one movie in my life: Ernest Scared Stupid, when I was 3 years old. Just because a movie startles, or shocks, or creeps you out, doesn't mean it's scary. I generally laugh at all horror movies, I can't remember the last time I saw one that had decent production value, acting, and storylines.

I guess there are people out there who love them (my roommate will see any horror movie, but he also isn't scared by them just fascinated with them), but I don't understand how a movie can scare you. ITS A MOVIE!

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

All the reviews of PA2 around here were that it was absolutely terrible....I haven't seen it tho.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Some people are just to cool for school....

@controller... I don't watch ish like that.... can't do the whole "jumpin' out the dark" stuff... I rather watch a chick flick than that crazy stuff:)

8. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I watch NFL Network

9. Hova

You can't be truly scared if you know it is fake in the back of your mind

10. controllerabuser

THE MOVIE WAS SCARY TO ME.

11. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

If you can escape from reality and write about fictional football players, why can you not do that for a movie?

I liked PA and glad to here PA2 got to someone. When I was young, PeeWee's Adventure scared the hell out of me. The part where the truck driver makes that face...used to freak me out.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Sssshhhhh!!!.... online dynasty players on a video game are real people:)

[​IMG]

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Is the first paranormal movie with the couple with the hidden camera in the bedroom or something?

PS: Parnormal activity is real. Just think, if you don't believe in ghosts and your a Christian you don't believe in the G-Man.... just throwin' it out there

14. Hova

Thats a terrible argument, you play NCAA for fun knowing you are playing a game

Fear is a real emotion, how can you TRULY be fearful off something that you KNOW is fake (the movie not necessarily "ghosts")

Now yes the movie can have scary parts and be freaky but are you truly scared?? Doesn't your fear instantly decline when you realize your sitting in a movie theater lol

15. onaradio34

No, a terrible argument would be splitting hairs between scary parts and scary. Circular argument.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hova

Your conscience should stop you from being truly scared just like a player in your league getting injured should not make you truly sad/mad, only for that instant

17. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Paranormal Activity realy struck a nerve with me. I guess you could say I was scared. I love movies like that. I am a big fan of the original Blair Witch Project.

Anybody hear of a move called "Catfish"? The same kind of documentary filming as PA & PA 2.

18. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I agree with Hova. Terrible analogy. We aren't escaping reality, as you so put it, with this forum or this game. We're just having fun. Which is why I can enjoy a movie like the Hangover, which is completely unbelievable and obviously a movie, but it makes me laugh. Having fun and comedy doesn't need a suspension of disbelief. Drama, fear, mystery, etc. needs a suspension of disbelief, and mine is just very low. Others can suspend their disbelief much more than others, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'd love to be scared by a movie, it would make them that much more enjoyable. My mind just won't let me. I'm not "too cool for school" I just go to a different school.

19. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I watched it in theater last night. I actually liked it. You really need good surround sound to enjoy the movie.

20. onaradio34

The fun is in the realism and the degree of immersion it allows you whether shallow or deep. Exactly the same as the fear you get from allowing yourself to get immersed in a movie like PA.

If the "fun" you get from NCAA is in the gameplay (as good as the improvements have been) then you should be an EA PR guy. If the "fun" is from chatting about the game on a forum, well....

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

So quote 1 is a lie? lol

You get it, you just don't get into it. That's fine.

I haven't seen it, and probably won't. MY suspension of disbelief is quite high. when I was a kid I watched all the movies that were supposed to be scary and frankly my mind was probably somewhere else and I mostly thought they were dumb. Now I can get into a scary movie and something "suspenseful" is about all I prefer to watch.

22. Hova

There is difference between suspense and being "never that scared in my life"

23. controllerabuser

Look, I knew it was a movie going into it obviously. I knew it was fake but the thought of what happened in the movie is what scared me. How can you say a movie cannot scare you?

I walked away from the movie still thinking about what happened in the movie and that it could happen to me or my family. For me, the old classic horror movies couldn't compare to what this movie did. Yeah, some of those older movies might have been better movies but PA2.. just a deeper feeling to it.