Pass commit question?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by bcduggan, Feb 16, 2010.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Pass commit question?

I know its not allowed here and I don't use it.

However, I am in a non tf dynasty where it is allowed, and I played a guy that used it every play. He mainly ran a 4-2-5 defense.

First, why is it not sim to pass commit?

Second, how can one beat it without running the ball every play?

2. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Pass commit is allowed in SH within limitations(i.e. third and long). I personally don't have much of a problem with pass commit because it is not full proof and can be beaten. Every play would be cheesing and not sim. But basically on third and long if the user runs a PA pass, the pass commit will keep your defensive backfield from biting on the playaction. It also causes your d-line to pin their ears back a rush the passer. You beat it like you beat any pass defense. Hit the open man, use sure catch game plan. Also use draws and screens. Hope this helps.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

BC...

First of all 4-2-5 when abused is cheese. Second Pass commit is a conservative approach to defending the pass. If someone runs pass commit every play there is not a consequence. Players still recognize a run and react as such. If NCAA made it as the players are "caught on their heels" then Pass commit would be a more accurate simulation of defending a pass situation. In the situation you explained the other user is just using Pass commit to take advantage of flaws with AI in NCAA 10. Secondly, to beat pass commit is to mix up play calling. Although the defenders will have heightened skills on pass plays, good play calling still will defeat the 4-2-5 and pass commit. If you need help let me know. You have my number.

4. texasfan4444

texasfan4444 Guest

Completely agree. the best user games are those that read ZERO strategy points at the end. Im OK if some one wants to USEr anything every play. but ot set it so the computer does it for you is cheap and unsim in my book. However, if you do it, it doesnt mean I will retaliate with it. Second best feeling is beating a guy who had 30-40 Strategy points when you have none. LOL

5. Emmdotfrisk

yeah contrary to Season showdown, the goal is to have the least amount of strategy points at the end of the game haha. The strategy points I find acceptable are the setup play ones.

6. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

what about points for making tackles, big hitting, making sacks, user picks, user swat, big play? those are all rewarded due to user skill... u know frisk i like to big hit all the time lol

if anything you should have 25-40 skill points because you make things happen.. granted skill points mean about as much as pissing into the wind... and havnig 0 skill points kinda looks like you ran plays but let the cpu make tackles and what not..

7. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

At the end of the game -- The Season Showdown breaks down the number of points you have by category.. ie skills, strategy, sportsmanship, win/loss..

So yes, you should have points at the end of the game.. They are specifically referring to the number of strategy points at the end of the game.

8. Emmdotfrisk

T2 I am talking about STRATEGY points only. The strategy points are triggered by run and pass commit, highlighting receiver, ect.

9. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

I have to say, In one OD I play in non TF, run commit is banned, but nothing else is. I have to say that pass commit does make a little difference. but the thing that has made me say wow this makes a difference is the pre-game strategy. I for one have used agg. defensive line, and agg. big hits on D and Agg Get open on Off. It makes a huge difference the computer has ran on me for 3 straight 100 yard games with playing in a TF OD with no tweaking of the pre-game strategy. In 5 seasons in a other OD I have never gave up more then 80 yards in a game.

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

About aggressive, I used to be a big advocate for it but I saw the good and bad on it. I used it a lot. Now that I stopped using it and learned how to call better plays on defense, my run defense is greatly improved and my pass defense is better as well. They still have a way to go but I am pleased with progress.

11. Emmdotfrisk

yeah I believe it makes a huge difference. Its just the risk isn't as much as a reward. You can get away with playing agg line and agg big hit and you don't see that much offsides or missed tackles.

12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I have seen the missed tackles but not as many as one would need and also the defense never drops a pass their hands get on for ints.

13. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

it's always fun when it's 3rd and 12 and the back has only about 40 yards all game on you and the guy runs a play action play for a td because the backs bite.

14. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

3rd and 12, ha, screw the PA, I'll actually run it in that situation.

Mike

15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Pass commit is allowed in T1, it doesnt seem as overdone as the the other D audibles.

If you guess pass and its a run your going to get gashed.

Like anything else in these games at Tradition football everything in moderation.

Formations for O and D, man and zone D, inside and outside runs.....everything in moderation.