Pass Commit

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Oct 3, 2010.

1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Pass Commit

So I played fsuprime earlier and noticed that the "play the pass" message would flash randomly every now and then. I was confused because I never ran pass commit. However, I started to realize that everytime I decided to "lock" onto an offensive player and the pass is thrown to them, this would happen.

This isn't against the rules, right? For example, fsuprime ran a play out of shotgun and I decided to "lock" onto his tight end. He scrambles around for awhile and finally chucks it to his tight end, who is covered. BAM "play the pass" pops up.

I paused it in the first quarter to tell him I wasn't running pass commit just to be on the safe side.

2. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Yea this isn't against the rules. The 3+ points pass strategy pops up when you are s successful l at keying in on a WR. It has been in the game since SS of last year

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Thanks for the update, drowsike. I would hit L2 and hit the receiver I wanted to lock on...and made sure not to flick the right thumbstick up. Hence I was dumbfounded when the play the pass signal still came up. And yes, it was +3. Good to know!

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Do you guys lock onto receivers at all? Sdid mention that you get +3 points whether you lock onto a receiver or use pass commit. How can one tell what the other user is using?

Obviously if there's no way to tell, then I won't be able to do player lockdown in games.

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I do the lock alot. It never helps but I guess it makes me feel more at ease for some reason :confused:.

If you think about it, what could it really do if you are in man anyway? "oh he's got me locked on this guy, now I'm REALLY gonna cover him hard".

I get a zone may shade to the player, and maybe a cover 1 with an LB in a zone may add extra coverage, but...

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

yeah, what i'm getting at though is how can you tell if the opposing player is using pass commit? is this just an honor system then? i would rather not use player lock than to deal with the hassle of a player complaining about me doing pass commit when I'm not:confused:

7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Just let the person know before the game that it is a feature you use. It's not banned by Sdid so therefore it's good to go.