1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Pass Commit

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Oct 3, 2010.

1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Pass Commit

So I played fsuprime earlier and noticed that the "play the pass" message would flash randomly every now and then. I was confused because I never ran pass commit. However, I started to realize that everytime I decided to "lock" onto an offensive player and the pass is thrown to them, this would happen.

This isn't against the rules, right? For example, fsuprime ran a play out of shotgun and I decided to "lock" onto his tight end. He scrambles around for awhile and finally chucks it to his tight end, who is covered. BAM "play the pass" pops up.

I paused it in the first quarter to tell him I wasn't running pass commit just to be on the safe side.

2. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Yea this isn't against the rules. The 3+ points pass strategy pops up when you are s successful l at keying in on a WR. It has been in the game since SS of last year

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Thanks for the update, drowsike. I would hit L2 and hit the receiver I wanted to lock on...and made sure not to flick the right thumbstick up. Hence I was dumbfounded when the play the pass signal still came up. And yes, it was +3. Good to know!

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Do you guys lock onto receivers at all? Sdid mention that you get +3 points whether you lock onto a receiver or use pass commit. How can one tell what the other user is using?

Obviously if there's no way to tell, then I won't be able to do player lockdown in games.

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I do the lock alot. It never helps but I guess it makes me feel more at ease for some reason :confused:.

If you think about it, what could it really do if you are in man anyway? "oh he's got me locked on this guy, now I'm REALLY gonna cover him hard".

I get a zone may shade to the player, and maybe a cover 1 with an LB in a zone may add extra coverage, but...

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

yeah, what i'm getting at though is how can you tell if the opposing player is using pass commit? is this just an honor system then? i would rather not use player lock than to deal with the hassle of a player complaining about me doing pass commit when I'm not:confused:

7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Just let the person know before the game that it is a feature you use. It's not banned by Sdid so therefore it's good to go.