Pass Defense

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BlyGilmore, Aug 18, 2009.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Pass Defense

I know word is most folks are playing a lot of man to man this year. I'm just wondering how many of you folks are using the defensive keys for pass defense?

I just look at my pass d versus some i've seen other schools throw out there and it just doesn't look the same. Not sure what it is that i'm doing. At first I thought it was a pressure thing.

Against Fosh and Kinger I still hadn't figured out how to get good pressure on the QB. Since then i'm getting more regular pressure but still getting picked apart by the passing game.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i use alot of zone blitzes against the CPU.. force them to throw it quick and try to get my LB's in the passing lanes.

It can be tough, i give up yards for sure, but i force mistakes too. So it's a double edge sword. Jevan Snead tore me up, but made one too many bad throws and i edged out a 31-30 win.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    It depends on my opponent. I love to play man more than zone but if my CB's have a speed disadvantage, I tend to play more zone.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

For me (and I have no idea how I'm doing with this stat wise, it might have gone down hill) I just like to mix things up a lot and TRY and keep the other team guessing (not always easy)

Some of the biggest things that add to passing yards are obviously big plays, but also letting them convert a long 3rd down. Like if it's 2nd and 15, try and take away the 7-10 yard pass which is what most smart players (and the cpu) will try to do to get a workable 3rd down. That kind of stuff.

I also like the spotlight feature if I'm playing zone. works pretty well.

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Can you explain how to use the spotlight?

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah, sure.

RT button during presnap. It will show icons for all the receivers. Press the icon of the receiver that you'd like to spotlight. The guys that are in zone will shade toward him when he's in their area. Obviously leaving other guys open possibly, but if a guy has a pet WR... (y)

7. Blaza

Does the feature do anything if you are in Man coverage?

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't think so man. let's say that you have man overage with the MLB playing zone, though.

If the guy comes into the MLB's area he will jump on him.

9. Blaza

Ah ok. So I bet if I was playing Man under with two safeties over the top, they would shade to him as well. I will have to give it a shot.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

If he came into their area deep, yes. They won't abandon their deep responsibilities (I dont' think)

it's not something I use more than 2-3 times per game at this point.

11. Blaza

Gotcha. Thanks for the insight. I REALLY wish NCAA had the follow receiver feature.