PASS RUSH

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Jul 30, 2012.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

2. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I can't get any pass rush to be honest. But I am not sure if that is just because my defensive line sucks ass, the opposing offensive line is good or the sliders are off lol.

3. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

well iv managed 10 sacks in 3 games but alot of hurry-ups. Try the 1-5-5 running cover 1 blitz. Control the safety to pick off deep bombs. IMO the 1-5-5 in real life is such garbage, but EA likes it so much that i have to incorporate it on 2nd and long situations. Also sometimes you just gotta know when to dial up a blitz and when to sit. I rarely blitz when I see shotgun Max (2 HB's) because I can bring 7 guys and they wouldnt get to him. bring 1 more than they got.

On the run game, iv been getting destroyed on arm tackling. My first game UCF broke over 15 tackles. I just looked and I have one of the worst run defenses. Huh. I guess I shouldnt give advice on stopping the run then haha

4. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    That is a problem though lol when you need a 1-5-5 defense just to get a pass rush.

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

How much 1-5-5 do you run? I run a 3-4 base and even run 5-2 cover 1 blitz sending 6 and I cannot sniff the QB this should happen occasionally but not everydown. I have great LBs we should be able to blitz and get a sack but I cannot. And no its not a user thing because I could not get a pass rush against Clemson last night either. He could not on me too.

6. LTL7360

On 2nd and 7+ situations if they come out with 4 wide, I go to the 1-5-5. Im bringing 5 while manning up and I control my FS to stop the fade smash and high speed powered WR's. If they show 3 wide with a TE and RB, I stick with a 3-3-5 (and DL pinch to stop mid draw) or 2-4-5 cover 2 man press and control LB on RB. If I had a good DB core (Esp man cov corners), which some of you do, just follow the simple rule of bring 1 more than they have. If they come out 4 wide, go man (no press) and control the LB on the HB. If he stays and blocks either spy the fast QB's or go for the sack on the pocket passers. I dont get alot of sacks but by the time the route develops im hitting the QB in his wind-up causing an incompletion. Obviously there is flaws and I dont run it every play, but maybe a quarter of these situations when i suspect a dig route, a flood or even a draw, I dial up the pressure.

Dont worry about pressure on 3rd and longs. The CPU is looking for timed routes down the field and will leave a blocking HB to give him time. 4 (maybe 3) of your hogs up front should be getting there in at least 5 seconds which is when the QB realized he is screwed. since you dropped 7 or 8 men back.

7. LTL7360

Oh and Im not a fan of the 5-2 on the game. Some people have success with it but its just not my cup of tea. Real life 5-2s are the 3-4 with the OLB walked up one to two yards on the LOS and they hardly blitz but read keys like covering the flats. the game is just clogged up and it is hard to get a LB to slip through the middle because its so clogged in there. Lab the 1-5-5 and 3-3-5 and see what you can dial up against 4 wide sets. I find those are the formations people find success in getting to the QB.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  8. LTL7360

well, after all my advice, I didnt record 1 single sack vs colorado. I got 5 INT's including a 104 yard return, but not much pressure haha

9. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

i do alot of nickel over loads and get great pressure... be sides that i get crap for pressure

10. franko05

franko05 Walk On

I do not get a pass rush at all really. I do get pressure with blitzes but that is different than having a good pass rush. The oass rush seems non existent