Passed the Donation threshold!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, May 31, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Passed the Donation threshold!!!

Alright guys, figure I need to give the board an updated look at everything.

Currently we have surpassed the $250 needed for us to go Premier!!!! Woot! We just went over with our donations last night. I am finshing up the donation drive on June 10th, so I will know our final numbers then, which I will post to everybody. I'd like to keep the individual amounts anonymous (just between Nate and I) so I will be giving just the overall numbers.

Remember, everything over our TF fee is going to go straight to champions and yearly award trophies, maybe a fantasy football league(s) and the such! Should be a awesome for us as we continue to build down the road. So remember, if you haven't donated yet or would like to donate more to the cause, that donate button is always there.

I actually haven't done my $50 yet until this weekend, so that will be some trophy funds right there.

Also, we are 'sponsoring' a few of our guys as they are unable to pay right now. They are Scikotics, Wajy, and Ox. We felt Wajy and Ox deserved this as they've been with us since the beginning and have been part of our core, and scikotics has been a great new addition and has been really really active so we didn't have a problem with this.

TBH, if a couple of guys who haven't donated yet don't do it, I'm not sure that Nate and I would want to sponsor them as they've been borderline owners. Might need to move on without them.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

now you are subtracting each $50 person, $12 from out total

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Correct sir.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I hate to rag on you dunlap but you kept saying "passed" and it was confusing the hell out of me. I think u mean "past," not passed, like he passed me the rock haha

5. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

LOL emmdot i was thinking the same thing... but more like

Passed the stone (yea not cool)

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Um, not to rag on you guys, but I believe my grammar is correct here. 'Past' is a noun, referring to a place in time. "Passed' is a verb, the past tense of pass.....or to move ahead of. In other words we have moved ahead of our goal, or passed it.

(y)

7. Emmdotfrisk

haha not to rag on anyone but....

"Past" can be an adverb when it identifies location, in this case a figurative one.

"Congratulations guys we have moved past our goal"

Nice Try Dunlap

8. natedawg212000

WTH is up with the english lesson! LOL, you guys all go MIA for a few weeks and then come back giving school lessons. Hilariously! (used wrong on purpose, as a joke)

9. Emmdotfrisk

sorry nate, I pay too much attention to detail.............unless I am in a hurry.

10. natedawg212000

I am just bustin yall balls LOL

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

ok....from dictionary.com!

pass   /pæs, pɑs/ Show Spelled[pas, pahs] Show IPA
    –verb (used with object)
    1.to move past; go by: to pass another car on the road.
    2.to let go without notice, action, remark, etc.; leave unconsidered; disregard; overlook: Pass chapter two and go on to chapter three.
    3.to omit the usual or regular payment of: The company decided to pass its dividend in the third quarter of the year.
    4.to cause or allow to go through or beyond a gate, barrier, etc.: The guard checked the identification papers and then passed the visitor.
    5.to go across or over (a stream, threshold, etc.); cross.
    6.to endure or undergo: They passed the worst night of their lives.
    7.to undergo or complete successfully: to pass an examination.
    8.to cause or permit to complete successfully (an investigation, examination, course of study, etc.): I am passing the whole class this term.
    9.to go beyond (a point, degree, stage, etc.); transcend; exceed; surpass.
    10.to cause to go or extend farther: to pass a rope through a hole.
    11.to cause to go, move, or march by: to pass troops in review.
    12.to allot to oneself (a portion of time); spend: He decided to pass a year abroad.
    13.to live through, utilize, or fill; occupy oneself during: How to pass the time?
    14.to cause to circulate or spread; disseminate: to pass rumors.
    15.to cause to be accepted or received: to pass a worthless check.
    16.to convey, transfer, or transmit; deliver (often fol. by on): Pass this memo on after reading it.
    17.to convey from one person, hand, etc., to another: Please pass the salt.
    18.to pledge: to pass one's word of honor to remain loyal.
    19.to utter, pronounce, or speak: She passed a remark about every passerby.
    20.to cause to go through something, as a process or agency: to pass returning travelers through customs.
    21.to discharge or void from the body, as excrement or a kidney stone.
    22.to sanction or approve, esp. by vote: Congress passed the bill.
    23.to obtain the approval or sanction of (a legislative body, committee, etc.), esp. by a vote: The bill passed Congress on the second vote.
    24.to express or pronounce, as an opinion: to pass judgment without knowing the facts.
    25.Law. to place legal title or interest in (another) by a conveyance, a will, or other transfer.
    26.(in feats of magic) to perform a pass on.
    27.Tennis. to make a passing shot against (an opponent).
    28.Sports. to transfer (the ball or puck) to a teammate.
    29.Bullfighting. (of a bullfighter) to provoke and guide the charge of (a bull) with the capa or esp. the muleta.

--------------------------------

We PASSED the threshold or mark. Perhaps your way is correct too, but hard to get into an english grammar argument with a journalism grad :). I think your way would be right if I would have said 'We moved PAST the donation threshold'. But I was saying 'We have PASSED the threshold', where PASSED is a verb not a adverb.

Damn I'm good!

Haha....just bustin your balls man.