passes that are dropped

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Randiesel75, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

This happens to me quite often. I would say they are 2-4 plays in any given OD game where my receiver drops the pass. While some are in traffic or getting hit on 1 or 2 steps afterward, too often they are easy grabs where it looks like there is a bit of possession and then it's dumped onto the ground.

Does this happen to everyone? Besides the obvious (poor recruiting, bad weather, etc...) is there something I can do to minimize this with the talent that I have, or lack thereof.

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

My two best receivers have been very disappointing. They will drop Curl routes and little Stick routes if the ball is thrown right when they cut. It's ridiculous cause they ALWAYS drop it. There is no pressure by a corner or anything. They could be wide open and if it's too early they drop it.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

The short curls on the spacing play and the stick route, I think there's a glitch in the game because yeah those WR's drop those balls almost always even if they're wide open.

Randy, I have the same issue though. If my WR's get hit when they catch it, that balls hitting the carpet. The only fix is to recruit better catching ratings. The conservative catch helps but we've banned that in the league because it turns guys with D hands into A's and that wasn't fair to guys like UofC who recruit solid catching WRs.

Look out possession WR's, here comes Coach Randy!

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Glad to hear its not only me. Thanks, fellas.

5. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

You know what bugs me is when I throw to a guy on a crossing route the ball bounces off his freakin' helmet. I am not talking about right out of his break, but after he has cleared the first defender (in zone) or like 6 steps into it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

LOL. I hate that crap too. LOOK FOR THE DAMN BALL IDIOT!!!

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I loved plays in '11 with 2 guys running crossing routes that cross each other. Because of what you wrote, I rarely ever call crossing routes any more.

8. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

I think I'm averaging 6 drops a game this season

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ever since we were told to not do conservative catch, my drops are a bit higher.

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I actually brought this up at EA. I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to explain the response they gave me at this point due to the NDA, but we talked about it.

Also, quite trolling TSO on Operation Sports, LOL.

• Like Like x 1