Passing sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mikedeep97, Aug 3, 2011.

1. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

In the game Connor and I played yesterday we both expressed the level of difficulty we'd had with moving the ball through the air in the dynasty. After checking the stats, it seems like the only offense has been with the ground game. I really wanted to know if guys here just have a preference for running the ball or if that was the only way that you could consistently move down the field.

I'd be open to a "slight" tweek to the passing sliders. I like the facet of defensive struggle and a strong running game leading to a champion.. That is how football should be played. However, I think the quarterback accuracy could stand to be one or two notches higher and w could compensate by dropping the WR catching ability by one so that it doesn't turn into the battle of the 500 yard quarterbacks.

How does the league feel?

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

mikedeep97

I don't really want to make any real significant changes to sliders until after season, (I don't want to make changes every week or every couple of weeks because it will frustrate everyone because their will be no consistency) but here is my take along with other people's opinion that I consistently play with regarding the sliders: I have never questioned or felt like throwing accuracy is the problem in terms of passing the ball on this game. It might be the speed of the defensive backs in reacting to the passes, or O-Line protection. In the After Midnight Dynasty we are going to bump pass blocking up 5 points to see if that helps.

In terms of running the ball, I think this game encourages running the ball. In another dynasty I have a running back that has rushed for over 200 yards a game at least three times, and at least twice go for like 180.

In addition, when I have played the CPU I notice that the CPU QB will either take off running when no one is open, or he will just throw it away. Our reaction is when no one is open is to either hold on to the ball, or force a pass that shouldn't be thrown. I know I do this, and I bet other people do this as well.

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

In addition, if the catching is tuned down I think it will be harder to throw the ball. There are numerous drop passes in this game. thefans455 would probably argue that catching needs to be tweaked up, 9 dropped passes that is a very high amount especially for team built for passing the ball. Are you using conservative catching? Don't feel guilty if you are, I have been known to use it to. With conservative catching, I feel like any pass will be caught. In AM Dynasty I caught a couple of ridiculous passes for TDs with conservative catching. I am not sure if I catch them without it.

4. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

Thanks for the reply, boss..

I definitely agree that any changes should be made at the end of the season.. You're absolutely right about the inconsistency that would arise if there were constant changes. I was more posting to kind of get a pulse of the board to see if there was a noticeable deficiency in this year's passing AI, an affinity for running amongst the crew or the situation were such that the sliders were encouraging a heavy diet of run.

Also, I noticed the number of dropped passes AND I liked that. I think that THERE SHOULD BE a dropped passes in a college game. Watching college football there are MANY instances of dropped passes.. As a Miami fan I saw a couple games last year where Miami alone dropped 8+ on-target passes. So it happens.. The issue I had, and I believe Connor commented on as well, was the number of misguided passes thrown in the area of WIDE OPEN receivers. There were a couple occasions where passes were errantly thrown where there was no pressure on the QB.

I think the sliders are fine outside of the fact that it SEEMS there are more than normal off target passes.. But then again... my QB may just kinda suck. ;)

5. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

FANTASTIC...Thank you for that reminder, I would have loved to punch something after that game. And then you also have those plays when the ball hits your receiver in the face mask and he just keeps running making no attempt to catch the ball. (If those counted as dropped passes my total would have been up to 11 or 12).

6. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Haha nice reference on the U..but for the sake of debate their QB sounds like the blueprint of your problem. Also, I have learned to live with this as an Ohio State fan. If you ever saw Pryor play there is no number to great when your counting missed wide open targets. I feel the game GENERALLY does a good job matching the skill of the players to how they play. Though I have had (on last years version) a QB with around 90 accuracy rating throw errant consistently while the backup I played instead had maybe an 80 rating but was a much better thrower. So who knows, guess they make some paper QBs that look good but can't perform