Patch #2 Content per CDJ at Utopia

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JHeb, Aug 24, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Patch #2 Content per CDJ at Utopia

The second patch for NCAA Football 10 will be available soon (no ETA yet) and EA Sports has provided us with a list of what the patch will address:

-Player Lock in Online Games will now move the camera behind the locked player (like Offline games)
    -Greatly increased the quality of uploaded videos
    -Fixed an issue with penalties on a change of possession in Overtime
    -Fixed an issue where you would sometimes lose control of your player going offsides in no huddle situations
    -Tuned holding chances on Field Goals and Extra Points
    -Fixed a couple pass coverage issues with Wild Cat plays
    -Tuned the chuck success chances to favor more neutral results. Wins and Losses are extreme and should occur less for both the offense and defense
    -AI Tackle slider is now more effective
    -Lead Blocking tweaks to fix some cases of pulling lineman ignoring defenders
    -Fixed a few rare cases that would cause players in pursuit to run away from the ball carrier
    -Tuned the CPU ball carrier to make some smarter choices
    -Fixed a bug where the CPU would high step at inappropriate times
    -Tuned player switching logic to give a more appropriate player
    -Fixed an issue with Punts being spotted incorrectly when the punt went out of bounce
    -Corrected an issue where pressing in man coverage would cause the CPU to throw the ball too early
    -If the receiver caught a pass during a slip, rarely would he be ruled down after the catch (even if he got up before making the catch). This has been fixed.
    -Fixed a bug where sometimes the clock would continue to run after hold on an extra point
    -Forward pitches are now correctly tracked as passing and receiving yards for the players involved
    -Receivers will now try and release to the appropriate side of the defender based on their route
    -Fixed some problems that were causing defensive players to not always get back in time during hurry up plays
    -Reduced the effect of the Run Block Slider on special teams plays
    -Tuned how effective the slant route for running backs out of the backfield was
    -Tuned how far away diving sacks will start from
    -Fixed an online grieve with pausing the game
    -Fixed a bug where using a TeamBuilder team as the away team would cause the team colors to be incorrect
    -Fixed an issue where some Dynasty teams were only able to offer 15 scholarships. You will not have to restart your dynasty for this to take effect, the fix is for offline and online dynasties.
    -Certain TeamBuilder teams were incorrectly being blocked by the profanity filter and showing up as XXXX, this has been corrected
    -Fixed and issue where Punt was not the default selection on 4th down and punting distance
    -Off-centered single digit jersey numbers are now centered correctly
    -Fixed a crash in Custom Stadium Sounds when the list of files was too long
    -TeamBuilder teams with & in the name can now be searched properly
    -Fixed an issue where the “Online Dynasty Servers are Down” pop-up was showing up incorrectly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like some good fixes are heading our way...

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Nothing about player progression?

Ugh.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

That's what I keep saying. I was really hoping that they'd fix it and that we wouldn't all be A+++++++ teams in a few years.

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Definitely several things in there I've noticed in games, so that's good. Really thought progression and auto-subs would be fixed.

Does anybody know exactly what we're in for with the progression issue? From what I've read (which isn't much), it sounds like progression is based on freshmen that come in much lower rated than the players currently in the game. So while the higher ranked guys we recruit this year might come in as 75's and progress into the 90's over 4 years, the freshmen currently in the game who are 80-85 have a much higher starting point?

If that's the issue, I can see why they couldn't fix it. The current players would be fixed for the next 4 years, but we'd end up with great recruits who never even reach 90. The downside (and what we'll have to deal with it seems) is inflated ratings that probably peak in 3 years and back off in year 4 & beyond.

Am I understanding correctly?

5. jello1717

From what I read, what you wrote is what's supposed to happen. They fixed recruiting in '10 in 2 parts:
    1. lowered recruits starting rating
    2. increased progression so that these lower rated recruits progress to the same spot as before
    #2 made it into the game, but #1 did not. From what I've read, the quality of the incoming recruits is as good as or even better than years past. IE. 83-85 rated :5stars:, 80 rated :4stars:, I read about a lot of 79 rated :3stars: guys too.

6. jello1717

And as far as our current situation goes, I would imagine that the majority of our dynasty will be spent with the guys on our current roster. For rough calculations, I think it'll take us about 2 months to finish a season at the rate we advance. That's 10 months to get through all of the guys on our starting rosters. In one of my test sims to try out recruiting, after progression my best player starting year 2 was my current SO, then JR DT Mike martin who was about a 97 I think. Both Forcier and Robinson who start as 83 and 80 OVR were 88 OVR after 1 season I think. At that rate, that makes them 93 and 96 as true JRs.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The whole progression thing isn't a problem as much as I see it being a benefit. Granted, we gain a TON, but the CPU teams also do. It isn't like we are ALL A+ and the CPU is horrible. I don't have much more to say besides see how it actually is but then again I am Florida so it seems a little different.

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Also, can I make a formal plea to be Rutgers next season? As a Notre Dame fan I really do hate Rutgers, but being from NJ I somewhat feel obligated. Being Florida is just WAYYY to easy, and in this league that isn't really what I want.

9. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Thats because we haven't played yet basis. Do you really think I'm gonna let you go undefeated?:D

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Plea to change to Rutgers is over. See ya on the field AMP.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

Ok say you dont fix progression...but Auto Subs you cant fix that?

12. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Exactly. I don't see how it gets broken in the first place. But to me it would seem to fall into the category of a "bug" / bad code. That's what patches are for (although EA seems to use them a bit more liberally to make up for what seems like a complete lack of their own testing of the product).

13. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Is anything being done on disconnects?

14. jello1717

I'm hoping that the following is a fix for this:

15. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Actually this is my #1 concern. Haven't heard anything in a while.

16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yeah its a joke that this hasn't been addressed. I don't see myself playing all year having to deal with them.