Patch

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Dec 10, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Guys, I have my hands full with a bonfire for my youth group, but I am super worried about this patch. You can see my comments in the other thread, but if this patch works - we are in deep doo doo unless we go AP

2. natedawg212000

Soooo... Since this seemed to be passed over, LOL. Does anyone think we should do some testing?

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, to be honest, Nate, until we see the patch in action, we can't make any call on whether or not we should switch. So at least until the patch comes in for everyone, we have to play the "wait and see" game.

4. natedawg212000

I misunderstood. I dont have a game this week so I didnt plug in Madden. The way it sounded I thought it was released.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Once it does go live, though, we will really have to take a strong look at the difficulty levels and see if we need to adjust.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I read over the patch information again. And actually READ it this time instead of just glancing at what it said. It looks like they have improved not only man coverage reaction, but ZONE reaction as well, making zone a viable defense again.

I honestly think we will drop to AP once we get the patch in place. AM is already tough but beatable if you are lucky and have some tricks. With this patch improving all levels of the defense (Dline, LBs, secondary) in all facets of play, there will be nothing but defensive touchdowns scored all game I think on AM.

I would like to bring up an interesting question with this patch: do we want to "freeze" the league and do league-wide testing of AM vs. AP? Have everyone do 2-3 scrims on each difficulty and post scores and stats for a week? Call it an OMFL Bye Week and then vote on whether we change to AP or stay with AM?

I normally would not suggest this, but we advance on Tuesday, the day the patch goes live (in most people's estimations). If we advance, we are glued in AM for another week. If AM is really crazy difficult, we may have a lot of disgruntled players for a week or two afterwards.

If we "pause" the league, let them know we want an honest feedback test of AM vs. AP post-patch, and give them each 4 games to play - 7 minute quarters, no accelerated clock. 2 of them at AP level, 2 at AM level. They would have to play different opponents (so 4 different guys would play me, 4 different guys would play Nate, etc.) if possible. They could play the same opponents on different difficulties (so I could play Nate on AM and AP as two separate games). Then we compile the results in a large bulk post and require postings on stats and score by the winner (just like now with winner recaps). We then compile the data, and if we can't decide if we want to switch or not, put it to a league vote via poll.

Does any of this sound feasible?

7. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

it looks like we are advancing tonight, so we probably should decide this today; I for one certainly do not want to play against an imporved AM defense

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I would agree with you, Dave, except for one thing: I don't want to change to the unknown and be wrong.

I would rather suffer a week with AM defenses for everyone than take a chance, change to AP, see the scores are still ballooned beyond realism, and then have to change back again.

If we are advancing today, we can't change to AP. If the patch doesn't drop until Tuesday, what's to stop people from hurriedly getting games in while AP patch is NOT out to get the inflated stats? You know it would happen.

9. natedawg212000

IMO that's a bad idea. I mean I like the fact we are thinking outside of the box, but freezing the league imo is a bad idea.

Then again, I've been wrong before. What about this, ask the league what they think?

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

LOL

Simplicity always seems like a better idea. Simple, yet effective.

Let's do it.

11. natedawg212000

I just talked with some guys in the chat, and they had a good point. The AP setting will only be tested correctly in a FRANCHISE. Gaddys idea is to fire up a franny on the side to run for as many days as it takes with as many guys who can play and let them hammer it out. thoughts?

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Think it's perfectly viable idea honestly.

Can turn off trades, and just have people play with the teams they got. Try to get as many guys in and get them as separated as possible (2 guys per division would be ideal). Just sim the CPU games and get to user games as quickly as possible I guess.

I'll be in AIM chat when I get home sometime between 2:30 and 3 pm central time to chat more about it.

13. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Would it hurt the integrity of the league to just have week 5 run on AP? Instead of stopping the league all together, just play one week on AP, have 14 games to evaluate. If the decision is close, but AP isn't a circus, we could extend the testing one week into week 6 and make a decision based on a 28 game sample instead of 14. I'd rather stay on track if we can...

14. natedawg212000

This way we can test AP and AM at the same time with normal franny and test franny.

15. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

ok, so week 5 will still definitely be on all-madden, that works for me. Let's do the AP franny and see what's up, I'm usually good to play any evening after 5pm