Patriots deliver decisive blow to Dolphins playoff hopes

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by PepperNY, Dec 30, 2013.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]
    The Patriots were in unfamiliar territory as they were eliminated from playoff contention a week ago by losing to the Seahawks at home and had nothing to play for with the end of the season drawing near. Most would say that the Patriots would benefit more by just laying down and improving their draft position as the team has some big areas to address in the offseason. The coaching staff would not allow that to happen as they did have a chance to play spoiler to a division rival in the Miami Dolphins.

The Patriots won the toss and elected to receive and would hit the Dolphins in the mouth early as they came out swinging moving the ball down the field in just 4 plays where Artis Landi would add to his breakout season with his 18th TD of the season and a 7-0 lead. The Dolphins looked to match the score but Tannehill would be picked off by Talib giving the Patriots the ball back near midfield. Just a few plays later Mallett would throw his 2nd TD pass of the game this time to Dobson where he was able to break a few tackles on his way to the end zone for a 14-0 lead. The Dolphins once again would move the ball but every time they got close the Patriots defense would stand up and make a play this time by Dennard. The Patriots would go in at th ehalf up 14-0.

The Dolphins were down just 2 scores and would get the ball back but disaster would happen as they fumbled the kickoff which was scooped up by the Patriots and returned for a TD and a 21-0 lead. Tannehill would once again hit a few passes and then threw his 3rd INT of the game to Ryan. This is when the Patriots started pounding the ball with Stevan Ridley who eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark as he rushed for 94 yards and a TD to give the Patriots a 35-0 lead late in the 4th Qtr. The Dolphins would add a late FG with :18 to avoid the shutout as the Patriots win 35-3

"It always feels good to beat a division rival, specially when we know they are in a battle for the playoffs and expecting us to just lay down" said Coach Mass after the game.

Congrats on a great year thus far DJDunn6 I'm sure you will still find a way to make it into the playoffs. Good Luck on the rest of your seaosn as I probably just cost myself about 10 spots in the draft lol

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice win, Rob. Since when did FG's become FIVE points?!!! Nice! :) All kidding aside, thank you for putting the Jaguars' destiny back in my control...

3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

nice catch Doug, Fixed

• Like Like x 1