Patriots gearing up for Ravens

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Oct 30, 2009.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Sep 22, 2009
    Patriots gearing up for Ravens

Boston Globe Foxboro, MA

As the Patriots closed yet another practice, players seem to look more relax and focus as they get ready to host the Ravens. The offense which has been putting up big numbers was only a shell compared to the real offense they have been learning for 3 weeks now. Coach Gaddy "When I first took over I knew the scheme I had in mind needed to change. So until I got the team to understand the new offense we ran a base shell which almost got us 3 wins. This new offense has a lot of twist and turns to take full advantage of all our skilled players." New acquired FA A.Lelie has surprised many coaches with what he is doing in practice lately and how quickly he is picking up the offense. Some coaches are saying that because of this effort he may have moved himself to 4th on the WR depth chart behind Galloway.

Defensively the Patriots wanted to add more schemes to what they already have. The primary focus point of the team the pass couple days has been screen management. In the game vs the Falcons they did a good job making solid open field tackles on the screens and also swarming to the ball. There was also a lot of discussion about how they are not finishing a team defensively. Meriweather "We have to close out a team on our side of the ball. We held a high power Atlanta offense to 1 offensive score for 3 quarters minus the special teams return. In the fourth we allowed them to score 2 TD's, we have to get better at finishing the job in the 4th quarter so that our offense can be more relax."

With the hiring of new Ravens Coach Weblink and the rumors of major deals about to go thru in the Ravens camp. The Patriots are not sure what team they will be facing this Sunday. Brady "The Ravens will always be the Ravens. We had classic battles before and I expect yet another one. We have to just go out there and play Patriots football. We do that and we will come out with the win."