Patriots lose lead then comeback in ot against Bills

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by dablakpope, May 14, 2013.

1. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Jul 23, 2010
    The Patriots came into this game without not 1 but 2 starting off lineman. To make matters worse, I didn't realize this til after the game started. The Bills would receive the ball first only to turnover on downs. Brady would then mix up the run and pass to go up by 7. After the 1st of 4 I ts by rookie D. Martens would takeover only to give it back to the Bills in a bad read by me. The Bills would then drive and cut the lead to 7-3. Brady would once again march his team down field to have the drive capped off on an 11 yard run by rb. S. Ridley. After another pick off of Martens, the pats would make the lead 14 at the half.17-3.
    After receiving the ball to start the 2nd half, Brady would drive down the field only to be picked off by RE M. Anderson who had dropped off in zone coverage. However the Pats defense, which had played superb thus far didn't give up any points. The Patriots would manage a fg in the 3rd to make it 20-3.
    Entering the 4th quarter is where the wheels fell off the bus. The Bills could do no wrong and the Patriots could do nothing right. Even though he had thrown 4 ints thus far, Martens was throwing darts all over the field. One particular 3rd conversion with the db in his hip pocket still found the wr. Grahams hands. After 3 drives that produce 17 unanswered points, we now had a tie game on our hands 20-20. Sheesh, would they please just lose already.
    Anyway, onto overtime. The Bills receiving the ball and driving down with Martens still looking sharp and his run gm steadily efficient would culminate with a fg. Thanks to the rule change, the Pats would have an opportunity. Brady seen earlier on the sideline giving an earful to his offensive line. "I don't give a damn who is out injured we are not losing this fn game, u muthatruckas better suck it up gimme all you got for this last drive". The Brady show began. He would connect on several passes and mix in some hard runs. With less the a 2 minutes left in the game and inside the Bills 20, the Patriots wouldn't be able to convert a 3rd and 6. So now its 4th and 7 and Brady tells the fg team to go back to the sideline. 4Th and 7 on the 18 yard line, Brady drops back and hits wr Lee Evans with a strike across the middle that he carries into the end zone. Brady does it again and picks up a big divisional win.

Great game Aaron, best one I've played in this year.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

Jul 2, 2010
    by far. it was easily the type of game i play madden for. great game pope
    • Like Like x 2