Patriots mid-season interview

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by dablakpope, Dec 20, 2012.

1. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

ISPN(internet sports network) sports writer Skip A. Smith interviews Pats Coach dablakpope AKA Pope aka I WIn

1.How do you feel about your team right now?

Right now I feel pretty good about our team as a whole. There are definitely some areas that need improvement. But we won games against the AFC South’s best team, the Colts and AFC North’s best team, the Browns at the time that we played them. And we lost a close due to a missed fg in the closing seconds against a very good Tennessee Titans team. We are 5-3 right now, if we can do that for the second half of the season, I think we can make the playoffs and cause some problems for some teams. But that’s not gonna be easy because this league is filled with so many great game players.

2.Do you think your team has what it takes to win it all?

Of course I do! What kind of dumb A## question is that? Any coach that doesn’t have faith and believe in their own team and game play should even get the privilege to walk out on this field every Sunday.

3.But your defense is middle of the pack and your run game is anemic at its best!

Listen here, I want to understand something, everyone of those guys on this team has something that you can measure with a stat sheet and that’s HEART. You may not believe in my team, the fans might not believe but everyone of those guys in that locker room believe in each other and we are gonna ride that all the way to the Vince Lombardi trophy.

4.Ok coach, forgive me for not sharing the same views as you but you definitely have enough passion to make me wanna believe. There are also some grumblings going around the league about sliders and too much man defense being played. What is your take on the subject matter?

I told my GM that I wouldn’t comment on this but here goes. Sliders are never gonna be perfect for everyone, so I’m glad the league set the sliders and there isn’t a lot of back and forth movement of them. The thing I don’t understand is why is there never a problem til someone loses. As far as running too much man, we use about a 65/35 split man to zone ratio. I’ve played against guys who have run man defense the whole game. Some games I won, some games I lost but I didn’t make any noise about it, I just adapted my style of play. We just try to disguise our defensive set as much as possible.

5.There are rumors that you won’t be bring back two key pieces of your team in Tom Brady and Vince Wilfork. Do you care to elaborate on that?

Well as you very well know, the game of football is a business as well as a sport. And these 2 guys have hefty contracts this season and they both are getting up there in age. But it all boils down to if next season is a sim season or not. If it isn’t then they both will be back but if it is a sim we are unsure as of right now.

6.Are there any players on your team whose play has stood out to you?

As a matter of fact there are a few. 1st let me say that as a whole the offense and defense have improved steadily on a weekly basis. Our WR and TE corp have been outstanding thus far this season. On the defensive side of the ball, OLB J. Mayo has been lights out this season, so has the secondary. But the thing that makes the car go vroom is our defensive front four. Vince, Chandler Jones and Whitney Mercilus have been excellent for us up front.

7. Are there any team out there that you are keeping your eye on?

As a matter of fact there is, All of them, LOL! Man there are no easy wins in this league. You have to secure your jock strap and lace’em up tight every week in this league. This league is top notch all over, from the league commishes to the seldom seen in the forums or yim. They are all quality gamers!

8.Okay, coach any closing statements before we go.

Yes! Guys the sliders aren't gonna be perfect for everyone but they are what the league is played on. Lets just play the game the best we can with the same sportsmanship we have always shown. To me it’s comparable to life. By that I mean, some things don’t work out the way we hope or want them to so we have to adjust ourselves or the decisions we make to make the most of the situation. Let’s play ball, We have the best league around hands down. Let’s act like it!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 8
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

can you change the font? can't see anything

dablakpope

3. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

my bad! LOL!

4. TwoTONS04

TwoTONS04 Walk On

Nice job! I liked it