Patriots somehow find a way to advance to AFC title game

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by PepperNY, Oct 30, 2013.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

(AP) Foxboro, MA - The Patriots seemed to have everything in their favor. A 1st round bye, Homefield advantage throughout the Playoffs and Snow in the Forecst against a team from sunny Miami, FL who scored a combined 6 points in 2 games against against the Patriots defense. With all that being said the Dolphins seemed to be ready for everything the Patriots had. Stats like Brady 2/9 for 85 yards, Dolphins offense 8/10 on 3rd down and a dominant TOP advantage where the Dolphins had the ball for 18:25. The Patriots offense didnt even see the field until the 2nd Qtr and had just 2 possesions the entire 1st half.

After seeing all those stats you would think a Miami blowout win but these Patriots are no strangers to Playoff games in the snow where crazy things seem to happen:

Like the infamous Tuck Rule vs the Raiders

[​IMG]

This time it would not come down to phantom blown call but would come down to the Patriots defense which forced 5 turnovers including 3 defensive TD's and a Special Teams TD accounting for 28 points in what is clearly the worst playoff performance in Tom Brady's career but the Pats will take the victory in a 42-30 win advancing to the AFC Championship game.

GG DJDunn6 Like I told you on yahoo, you deserved this one for sure and have no idea how I pulled it out, I look forward to more battles with you next season.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Wow what a way to pull out a win

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

thx for the highlights Rob! congrats on the win.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Great snow game, those are always fun... I think i would have gone for it down 8 on 4th and goal at the 1. If i dont make it then i would had challenge him to go 99 yards.

It sure looked like a great game!!

Gl to both of u, i need to get me one of these recording devices...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Nice Video Rob...GG

• Like Like x 1