Patriots survive Browns onslaught, Advance to Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by PepperNY, Mar 18, 2014.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

(AP) Foxboro, MA - The Patriots and Browns would face off in the AFC Championship in what was a rematch from back in week 15 where the Patriots handled the Browns easily 38-14. The Patriots came in overconfident feeling as if they already had the game won just by showing up. The Browns had different plans as they hit the Patriots in the mouth from the start doing just about whatever they wanted in the 1st half on offense. On the Browns first drive they went up and down the field on both the ground and through the air on a 10 play TD drive where Trent Richardson would score his first of 2 TD's on the day. The Patriots however would respond in a big way striking quickly in just 2 plays as Eli hit Landi for 40 yards and then Stevie Johnson who stiff armed a defender to the ground for a 35 yard TD pass. The Browns would strike again on another 80 yard drive where they just seemed to have the Patriots defense figured out moving the ball at will ending in another Trent Richardson TD and a 14-7 Lead. Again the Patriots strike quickly this time on a Trindon Holiday kick return for a TD to tie the game up 14-14. The 2 teams just kept trading blows th eentire first half as both teams would score again before the half as we entered the half 21-21.

The Patriots were searching for answers on defense as they just didnt know what hit them and they got a good ass chewing from the Coach at halftime. That talk seemed to fire up the Patriots defense as they only allowed 3 points in the 2nd half including 3 turnovers. The Patriots would take the 2nd half kickoff but the drive would stall around midfield and they would punt. This is where the Patriots would get their 1st turnover as Kyle Arrington would pick off Joe Webb setting up the go ahead score for the Patriots Eli would hit Holiday on a 3rd and goal from the 5 for a TD and see their first lead of the day up 28-21. The Browns would drive down inside the Patriots 20 but would have to settle for a FG now trailing 28-24. The Patriots would later get another turnover as Devin Mccourtey would hit Josh Gordon on the sideline where the ball popped out and the Patriots were somehow able to fall on it just in bounds near midfield. The Pats would add a FG to make it 31-24 late in the 4th. The Browns had another shot down just 7 with just 1 timeout left but after being backed up on their own 3 yard line Kyle Arrington stepped up again getting his 2nd INT of the game and the Patriots would run out the clock 31-24 to win the AFC Championship.

[​IMG]

dablakpope you played 1 hell of a game and outplayed me offensively as you hit me in the mouth early. Luckily my team responded in the 2nd half. Thoroughly enjoyed the game and good luck to you and your squad in the offseason as I am sure you will reload and be back

• Like Like x 3
  2. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

What? No highlights! I wonder why. Hmmmmmmmmm. I know i used the highlights to scout your defense. Lol! And Gates fumbled the ball not Gordon. Good game though. I can't cry over spilled milk.

• Like Like x 3
  3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Hah, I figured as much. Highlights will come later. Didn't have time

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Congrats on the win and your Superbowl berth Rob.

• Like Like x 1