Patterns of scoring

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Patterns of scoring

Has anybody noticed patterns when it comes to how much and when you score? Seems the last 10 games I've played all have very high scoring first halves and defensive struggles for the 2nd half.

Generally the score will be 24-14, 21-17, 28-21, etc for me at half but I find myself having trouble getting more than 10 points in the second half. Is this by design from EA or play style or coincidence? Just curious to see if anybody else has similar scores or completely opposite from me

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

No I haven't noticed that

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I haven't noticed anything like that either.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

No EA conspir.... ehhh.... I mean no abnormal scoring patterns noticed by me

Edit: The CPU defense does adapt to what plays/formations your calling... that may be your issue

5. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

if anything most of my games have been the opposite - defensive struggles early on and opening up in the second half.

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Ok sounds like a me issue, just curious to see if this was just how the game is but it appears I just need to hit the playbook and figure out a way to open it up in the 2nd half

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

It is most likely related to your tendencies as a player

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I see what the original poster is saying in my games but I see it as the cpu adapting to my play calling more so this year than in past years.

9. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

my educated guess not really knowing your or your style is you have a few things you do really well and can capitalize early, but its something the computer can adjust to and take away leaving you unable to adapt.

i.e. maybe you're good at running sweeps but not between the tackle, so the computer is able to take that way. or perhaps you catch them early with some screens or trick plays and then can't use them the rest of the game.

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Well I've noticed I have difficulty in the red zone (I play on Heisman so that may be why) and have great success with my Power O's off tackle between the 20s but not in the red zone. My play style is lots of off tackle stuff with the occasional toss, lots of quick passing with slants, screens, and trying to find the seams up the middle. I've just noticed in general that Heisman is a huge bitch this year, especially in the second half and when I'm in the lead. And my field goal kicking sucks, especially with the sliders I use and the awful kickers on my teams.

11. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    If anything it has been the opposite in all my games. Low scoring first halves with high scoring second halves.

12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I am actually with you OP. Even in my human vs human games I see this. I must be more predictable than I originally thought.

I will say I do notice myself stray away from what has brought me success sometimes. I need to stick with what works more often and I also think I become a little more conservative (granted I have the lead) later in the game.